- Full time
- Part time
- One time
IT Consultant (Contract)
Richard Photo Lab, Inc
March 2013 - August 2013
Manage all IT Infrastructure including networking, telephony, servers, and desktops including VMWare infrastructure. Assist with all IT related issues, and projects for a high end production heavy photo lab.
• Active Directory Administration / Exchange 2010 administration
• Symantec Backup Exec backup and recovery administration
• Cisco Router, Telephony, and VPN Administration
• EMC vnxe3300 and 3100 SAN administration
• Vendor management for IT Infrastructure projects
Loyola Marymount University
June 2008 - July 2012
Manage all aspects of Active Directory at a University with nearly 9500 student accounts and 1700 Faculty and Staff users. Execute all data center and server related tasks to ensure optimum server performance and stability.
• Exchange 2007/2010 administration
• Blackberry BES Server administration
• WSUS server administration - Designed and implemented a patch management system for all servers and workstations using WSUS architecture
• Blackboard account and course administration
• VMware ESX virtual server administration
• Inventory Management - Created and maintained an Inventory Management system for all Infrastructure Services assets which included all server, networking and telecom assets
• Account management for all users in AD and Exchange and various departmental share access management
• Netbackup administration along with off-site tape rotations
• SQL 2008 server cluster administration
Bank of America, Distributed Server Systems - National Server Farms
Network Systems Engineer
June 2004 - April 2008
Remote administration of servers located in server farms nationwide including patch administration, server installation coordination, server QA's, and server decommissions.
• Consulting support for various IT projects for server, network requirements and installation
• Coordinating ESX Virtual Server installations nationwide and providing remote administration of same
• Providing break-fix ticket support and on-call support for nationwide server farms
• Lead engineer for project responsible for enabling real time monitoring using Avocent appliances for all servers located in server farms nationwide
• Maintaining data accuracy and integrity for the Server Runbook that carried all information on servers nationwide
Bank of America
August 1999 - June 2004
Responsibilities included providing support for various projects and initiatives for Transaction Services.
• Lead Systems Engineer for Check Fraud Systems responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of vendor solutions nationwide for the Check Fraud Department
• Providing support for the Cash Vault Compass production system nationwide including the installation and maintenance of all servers, workstations, peripherals, and application support
• Providing remote in-house support for various application systems nationwide within Transaction Services
• Assist with planning, setting up and maintaining Disaster Recovery Site in Phoenix, AZ
Nationwide Operations Support
September 1995 - August 1999
Hardware and application support for all Cash Vaults in California.
• Administration of Novell 3.12 server network with over 200 workstations
• Troubleshooting application and hardware issues for all workstations at all vaults nationwide
• Designing and developing software applications as needed for cash-vaults
• Support for all in-house applications for all cash-vaults nationwide
• Providing Lotus Notes support for all cash vault users
• Resolving all hardware and software security audit compliance issues to implement and maintain bank standards
• Part of a team that built and managed a disaster recovery site in Phoenix, AZ
Information Processing Operator
Los Angeles Cash Vault
August 1991 - June 1995
Provide IT support for the Los Angeles Cash Vault.
• Administration of a Novell LAN, and attached workstations running WinNT4.0, Win95, or Windows3.1.
• Configuration and installation of all personal computer systems and peripherals for the LA Cash Vault.
• Installation and maintenance of all PC software applications.
• Development software applications in MS Access and Foxpro as needed.
Qualifications & Certifications
Business Information Systems
California State University
Computer Information Systems
California State University