A keen strategist with expertise in managing entire sales & marketing operations by ensuring optimal utilization of resources. Attained proficiency in Business Development, Operations, and Sales & Marketing activities. Distinction of accomplishing multifold revenue increase. Possess accomplished qualifications in capturing market opportunities for accelerating product promotion activities and increasing revenues; extensively developed business in north regions. Proven skills in breaking new avenues & driving revenue growth and proactively conducting opportunity analysis by keeping abreast of market trends/ competitor moves to achieve market-share metrics. Adeptness in expanding the channel repertoire; thereby increasing demand in the market.
Offering over 17 years of experience if Strategy Planning & Budgeting, Business Development, Sales & Marketing, Product Launch/Promotions, Channel Management, Sales Promotion, Inventory Management and Team Management. Currently associated with MADHAV GROUP (MADHAV ALLOYS PVT LTD-JYOTI–TMT/ANGLE/CHANNEL/BEAM) MANDIGOBINDGARH as DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER LOOKING AFTER NORTH INDIA MARKETS.
Sales & Business Development
Developing new clients and negotiating with them for securing profitable business
(Jyoti), MandiGobindgarh DGM (Sales & Marketing)
From February 2014
(Integrated steel plant -Most modern rolling plant-Production Capacity 6 Lacs Mt P.A -Tested 500 Grade as per BIS - Complete steel solution-TMT/Angle/Channel/Beam - Tempcore Technology)
• Part of the senior management team and is working in a challenging environment; develop and execute marketing/product/communication strategies to meet company's goals in brand equity, market penetration, customer service and value realization
• Providing inputs for preparation of Business Plan, Annual Budget and Forecast for the assigned geography
• Performing Market analysis, developing forecasts and implementing strategy plans
• Developing and managing a robust distribution channel to ensure profitable market share Developing a business plan, identifying and segmenting key influencers
• Maintaining a strong relationship with Distributors, Dealers, Architects, Project managers & engineers, Govt. Depts. Etc.
• Managing and developing new accounts across regions
• Developing short and long term customer action plans and responding to market dynamics
• Engaging and proposing the development of new sales / marketing propositions.
• Achieving target levels of new business through effective management of a team of sales professionals.
• Implementation of Sales Strategy that addresses different geographical sales coverage.
• To regularly report achievements versus budget forecasts to the Directors.
• To manage the Market Excellence/Intelligence process; gathering market and customer information and providing feedback on future trends, to support sales campaigns.
• To execute Branding Flex boards/light Boards/Hoardings/Radio FM/Wall paintings, To assist preparation of creative/ content / art work to be used for various marketing executions
• Conduct various Sales Promotion Meetings Dealer / Sub Dealer Meets / Mason Meets/ Architect-Engineer Meets / Factory Visits / Sponsorship/ Events/Dealers Tours /Dealer Conference.
• Inspection of material -power...
KEY ACCOUNTS MANAGER
Essar Steel India Ltd
January 2007 - January 2014
• Responsible for marketing / sales / Business development for the steel products like - FLAT PRODUCTS-Hot Rolled Coils & Sheets(HRC & HRS), Cold Rolled Coils & Sheets (CRC & CRS), Galvanized Plain Steel Coils & Sheets (GPS & GPC), Galvanized Corrugated Sheets (GCS), Pre Painted Color Coated Coils (PPGI),& LONG PRODUCTS- TMT/ANGEL/CHANNEL/BEAM, Bitumen, Slits etc.
• Looking after Business in entire Punjab region and Responsible right from Generating enquiries, reviews, finalizing quotes, follow up for orders, receiving Purchase orders, Collection of Payments, Processing indents for production, Delivery schedule, closing orders with timely dispatches.
• Meeting Channel sales partners(Distributors & Dealers/Builders / Architects / Contractors /corporates(OEM'S)/Tenders generate inquires, product presentations, sampling, negotiations and closing the sales
• Identifying potential clients from various sectors in different locations, mapping their requirements & coordinating for generating business from them, thereby achieve business targets.
• Analyse & submit proposals for potential DEALERS/DISTRIBUTORS/SUB DEALERS/OEM/PROJECT/BUILDERS in the territory Propose plan for Expansion.
• Handling warehouse & hub operations.
• Volume business of 6000mt per month.
• Excellent negotiating skills for the price, lead time and inducing client to give the business & Delivery (terms and condition of supply, transportation and payments.), Sales Coordination & Follow up for Payments.
• Capture customer feedback on marketing activities
• Responsible for Quality/weight shortages. Handling Quality Complaint throughout the territory
• Responsible to maintain right amount of inventory in DEALERS/DISTRIBUTORS/OEM/PROJECT customers.
• Updating staff with present scheme & promotions.
• Responsible for planning and implementing Sales strategy throughout Punjab, Cost management
• Purchase material (outsourcing) from the other companies/market & sell it with profit.
• Responsible for...
Regional Sales Manager
Eastman Impex, Ludhiana (Punjab)
July 2006 - December 2006
Role: Driving business growth through identification & penetration of new market segments for attainment of targets with a view to optimize revenue. Handling entire gamut of tasks involved in institutional sales, marketing and procurement solution in International Market.
• Attained growth of 22% and added new customer.
• Leading a team of 2 members for managing sales & business development in AFRICA regions.
Area Sales Manager
ADD Pens Ltd
August 2005 - June 2006
Role: Developing periodic business plans & strategies, in coordination with macro plans of organization. Planning & scheduling individual / team assignments to achieve the pre set goals within time, quality & cost parameters. Formulating long term / short term strategic plans to enhance operations.
• Achieved growth of 20%.
• Leading a team of 6 members for managing sales & business development in Haryana regions.
• New products launched-Lots of gel/ball pens launched.
• Strategies devised to increase business -Network expansion/institution selling/increasing customer base.
• New markets developed - Appointed New Dealers & Stockist.
• Size of channel managed -more than 50 dealers & stockist.
• Product promotions organized - Exhibitions/Handwriting competition, etc.
Area Sales Manager
Navneet Publication India Ltd
June 2003 - July 2005
Role: Overseeing the sales & marketing operations in Punjab, Haryana, J&K, H.P. and Chandigarh. Tracking market / competitor trends to keep abreast the changing client's requirement/ expectations.
• Sales increased by 70%.
• Received Award of Excellence for the year 2003-2004.
• Leading a team of 6 members for managing sales & business development in North India regions.
• Sales targets exceeded 50%.
• Key clients handled -Majors schools & Trade/Retail Market at each town.
• Strategies devised to increase business -School/Increased trade in retail stores/Exhibitions.
• Key clients handled -Major School in each Towns & Dealers/Distributors.
Area Sales Manager
Ludhiana Beverages Pvt. Ltd
December 1998 - May 2003
Role: Analysing business potential, conceptualizing & effectuating strategies to drive sales, augment turnover and achieve desired targets.
• Territories covered: Hoshiarpur, Nawa Shaher, Phagwara, Moga, Malerkotla, and Khanna.
• Leading a team of 5 members for managing sales & business development in Punjab regions.
• Sales targets exceeded - 20%
• Key clients handled - Retail Markets/Distributors & Dealers/ Marriage Palaces.
• New products launched- Successfully launched 200 ml Bottle.
• Strategies devised to increase business - Network Expansion/Marriage Palaces.
• Key clients handled - Urban & Rural Market.
• Size of channel managed- more than 100 clients (dealers/marriage palaces/institutions-hotels/malls/cinema halls/etc)
• Product promotions organized - Road Show/Sga & Signage/Schemes/etc.
Senior Marketing Officer
Kinetic Engineering Ltd
April 1997 - November 1998
Role: Conceptualising and implementing innovative plans for accomplishment of pre-designated targets from the assigned territories of Bhavnagar, Amreli, Junagarh, Baroda, Surat, Valsad and Vapi.
• New products launched - SAFARI/NOVA/K -400.
• Strategies devised to increase business-Network Development & Institution selling
• New markets developed - Bhavnagar/Amreli.
• Size of channel managed- 25 dealers
• Product promotions organized - Road Show/Mileage Race/After Sales Service /Race/Lucky Draw. Etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Near B.C.M senior secondary school
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more