I am passionate about everything relating to the improvement of corporate governance across any organisation in every industry. Qualified Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and full member of the Institute for Internal Auditors (IIA).
Honesty. Integrity. Transparency.
Internal Audit Manager
• Conduct risk assessment of the overall organisation and/or assigned department or functional area
• Design, establish, manage, oversee and review risk-based audit programs
• Determine scope of review in conjunction with senior management, the Board and Audit Committee
• Review the suitability of internal control design
• Conduct audit testing and review results of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
• Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
• Reporting directly to the Audit Comittee.
• Managing the Internal Audit department, designing and implementing internal audit policies, Audit Committee Charters etc.
Divisional Internal Audit Manager
South African National Parks
From January 2010
Internal Audits on all cycles according to the COSO framework.
Implemented and executed Control Self Assessments.
Special investigations on fraud in game capture.
Administration of a R22 million development project in the Kruger National Park in conjunction with the IDC
Snr Manager: Best Practices & Corporate Governance
From January 2008
Reported directly to the Financial Director on issues regarding corporate governance that had or may have had an impact on the business. Identifying the need for new or improved policies and procedures. Designing and implementing new policies at all levels.
Senior Internal Audit Manager
From January 2006
Senior Internal Audit Manager responsible for the management of the Logistics business unit internal audits
Group Five Ltd - Intertoll
From December 2002
Responsible for Internal Auditing, Quality Management System (ISO 9001) and the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System (OHS 18001 and ISO 14001).
The following audits were conducted:
1. Contractual requirement audits at all Intertoll operated South African toll plazas along the N1 North, N1 South, N3, N2 South and N4 West and also internationally in Brazil, India and Bangladesh.
2. Purchasing Cycle.
3. HR and Payroll Cycle.
4. Data Integrity of toll systems in South Africa, Brazil and India.
5. SHEQ audits on all operations.
6. Quality Management audits on all operations.
7. Full monthly audits on the Chapman’s Peak Drive in Cape Town and suggesting imposable penalties on behalf of the Provisional Administration of the Western Cape.
8. HR Audit for Group Five on the Angola Head Office using Team Mate.
9. Special fraud investigations.
10. Assisting in the design and development of the Internal Audit procedure and database.
Maintenance and continual improvement of the Intertoll Quality Management System and OSH system.
Design and implementation of the Intertoll Environmental Management System approved by SABS.
Communications with SABS with regard to ISO 9001, 14001 and OHS 18001.
Assisting in the start-up of an audit team for the Intertoll Brazil office in Rio de Janeiro.
Preparing and presenting monthly management review reports to the Exco.
Snr Internal Audit Manager
Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa
From October 2001
Financial and Operational audit on the following areas:
1. HR and Payroll
2. Importing and exporting
Special fraud investigations in the purchasing and non-productive stores.
Several Application Control Reviews on new or in-house developed applications.
Data integrity audit on hourly absenteeism system before and after implementation.
Assisting external auditors for reliance on internal audit work performed on the treasury cycle.
Qualifications & Certifications
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Institute of Internal Auditors
National Diploma - Criminal Justice & Forensic Auditing
University of Johannesburg
University of Pretoria
University of Pretoria