Training and Development Manager" and "Acting Finance Manager
South African Revenue Services
April 2010 - September 2013
I was recruited by the HR executive as part of the Siyandiza restructuring project that the Large Business Centre (LBC) within SARS was launching in order to improve productivity.
As the Learning and Development manager my mandate was to set up a training structure within the LBC that could provide a tailor made solution to the diverse learning needs of the LBC staff members. This function included performing the annual training need analysis of the division, design and sourcing of appropriate training material to address training needs, evaluation of training interventions as well as effectiveness of learning interventions. I was also tasked with the coordination of the CA trainee programme for LBC in conjunction with the larger SARS CA programme for SAICA trainees (prospective CA's).
As Learning and development manager I worked closely with the Internal audit manager to identify training gaps within the business where audit risks were identified as a result of skills gaps. I was also privileged to have been part of the design team of the national Leadership development programme for SARS. In this project I gained valuable experience in training material development and curriculum/ content design.
I was instrumental in the development and roll out of a suite of modules for each of the four leadership development segments namely personal mastery, business mastery, team mastery, strategic leadership mastery.
During my period at SARS I was privileged to be part of a diverse team where I was exposed to various disciplines such as Internal Audit, Change management, Organisational development, Human resources, Finance and logistics (acting FM for a period of 11 months), Project management, Organisational design and Communication. As a team we rolled out all interventions relating to the above disciplines and I was able to gain valuable insights into the processes of each. I reported directly to the HR executive which placed me in a key position to gain valuable skills...
January 2004 - March 2010
I qualified as a CA (SA) with PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2006 and managed my portfolio of clients in the Consumer and industrial products and services department. My portfolio consisted of various multinational clients (see comprehensive list below) to the total value of approximately R 6 million in audit fees.
As an Audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers I gained extensive project management and client-facing account handling experience, as well as managing a diverse team. I was responsible for training the new recruits each year on the international PwC audit and risk training material as part of the trainee learnership programme.
• Presenting training to staff members as well as senior management in various auditing and accounting subjects as part of PwC's Learning and development programme
• Ensuring compliance to training policies of PwC
• Assist HR in identifying training needs for division
• Assist technical division in developing appropriate training material to address divisional training needs
• Planning an integrated audit - allocation of resources
• Preparation and monitoring of budgets
• Negotiation, invoicing and recovery of fees
• Preparation of reports to management and financial statements
• Liaising with clients and managing audit team dynamics
• Review of audit papers to ensure quality and compliance
• Direct reporting to audit engagement partner
• Acting with due professional integrity and demonstrate good communication skills
• Respect of cultural differences/religion/diversities in teams
• Being flexible and able to adapt to changing environment
Audit client portfolio at PricewaterhouseCoopers
• Boehringer Ingelheim (Pty) Ltd- ( IFRS) - Multinational Pharmaceutical company
• Integrated audit involving SAS70 and Tax team involvement
• Control testing
• Reporting to Boehringer Ingelheim International ( Germany)
• University of the Witwatersrand - (SA GAAP) - Higher education institution
• Fully integrated audit involving...
Qualifications & Certifications
Institute of People Development
University of Johannesburg
South African Institute for Chartered accountants
University of Johannesburg
University of Pretoria
Corporate College International
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more