Claim you profile
Urban Planner And Civic Specialist
I focus my professional practice on the intersection of urban design and community development, exploring the relationship between the quality of physical realm and the strength of civic engagement, involvement, and investment. I excel in helping individuals, groups, organizations, and communities develop strengthened networks and expand resource cultivation. I reinforce my commitment to civil society through my role in industry innovation leadership, my contributions to my local community, and my writing and speaking on related subjects.
Founder and Director
THE CIVIC HUB
From January 2013
• Guides individuals, groups, and communities to use design principles in the development of civic capacity within their towns and neighborhoods
• Assesses and supports expansion of social capital, increasing civic investment and encouraging social impact through strategic partnerships and initiatives
• Leads creation of bespoke community outreach services, focusing on client mission and local conditions in utilizing a collective impact approach
• Serves as the face and voice of firm practice through facilitation, lecturing, writing, and organizational representation and management
SEA ISLANDS 2050
• Directed launch of the sustainability advocacy non-profit; implemented the mission, guided vision, and maintained organizational goals and objectives
• Built strategic partnerships, supported hands-on collaboration, provided public education and initiative advocacy, and led solution implementation strategy
• Maintained organizational management, oversaw public relations, and balanced fiscal duties with logistical coordination as the chief executive
• Developed an organizational business plan, including community analysis, operating plan, governance strategy, and outreach planning
RIVERVIEW CHARTER SCHOOL
• Launched first public charter school in Beaufort County SC currently serving 500 K-8th students with an "Excellent" state school report card rating
• Helped in writing of school charter, including research of educational philosophy, curriculum themes, organizational approaches, and school culture
• Collaborated in research, development, and implementation of significant programs and policies reflecting the mission and vision of the school
• Spearheaded approval of school by local, state, and federal authorizing agencies and facilitated implementation of school operations for opening year
• Founded the first Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company affiliate, responding to demand for sustainable planning solutions in fastest-growing region of the world
• Developed innovation in urban design process and traditional architectural expression, translating best practices for unique international conditions
• Led firm management, procedural development, and financial oversight; provided public presentations, meeting facilitation, and consultantancy support
• Served as communication and outreach leadership for the firm, providing oversight of publication copy, media strategy, and organizational branding
DUANY PLATER-ZYBERK & COMPANY
• Delivered schematic architectural design, master planning, site analysis, and coding serving wide ranging project types and client needs
• Managed project types ranging from greenfield to infill to downtown redevelopment to form-based code to sustainability-based to regional planning
• Communicated with firm principals, staff, project consultants, vested officials, local community, and client team in delivering a successful project outcome
• Chronicled principles and practices of firm work through both project publication documentation as well as regular journalistic coverage
Assistant Town Architect
DUANY PLATER-ZYBERK & COMPANY
• Oversaw the implementation of Kentlands Architectural Code, reviewing builder submissions and coordinating with local planning approval department
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Architecture
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more