Process owner for full AP cycle begining from procurement till payment (P2P)
Go Rent A Car
December 2009 - April 2013
Dubai, a leading car rental, leasing& used cars Sale Company with 1000 vehicles, Group Company of Fakhro Transport, Bahrain.
• Monthly and year end accounts closing, submission to management.
• Variance analysis, providing clarifications to management.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Inter Company reconciliation, balance confirmation.
• Scrutiny & authorization of accounts payable process.
• Credit Cards reconciliation and approving refunds, resolving credit card disputes.
• Employees service benefits and final settlements processing.
• Pay roll processing as per WPS and maintaining 100% WPS compliance.
• Preparation Cash Budget, Monitoring Bank position on daily basis,
• Arranging loan release letters to total loss vehicles / mortgage clear vehicles
• Monitoring Vehicle purchase process and loan documentation, accounting
• Accounting for Vehicles registration, passing, renewal and transfer
Gates Engineering Services
July 2008 - May 2009
(Formerly known as HYDROLINK FZE) Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai.
Hydrolink FZE is the leading Fluid Engineering Company servicing the Marine and Offshore Hydraulic Services market.
• Accounts Payable - Supervising the daily operation of Accounts Payable team. Responsible for directing and scheduling the activities of the team, ensures that all functions are performed timely and productively.
• Accounts Receivable - Supervising Invoicing team, approving for Invoices generation, Credit control and preparing weekly MIS report, escalating bad debts to Legal department.
• MIS - Preparing various MIS reports like Bank facilities status, Sales commission payable, Import LC liability, Customs deposits, Pre paid expenses schedule, Vehicle loan schedule.
• Budgeting - Preparing and reviewing division wise operational budgets, coordinating with Unit Heads for deviations and subsequent expenditure control. Recommending appropriate budget levels and monitoring the same through periodic review.
• Accruals - Preparing and posting monthly accruals. Assisting Finance Manager in Monthly accounts closing.
• Team Coaching - Assisting team members to develop the skills necessary to function effectively as a team. Coaching team members to respond to vendor issues in a timely manner.
May 2007 - June 2008
Dubai, a division of UAE Enterprises
Providing leadership and direction to team members and directly reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. Managing the complete accounting functions of the company engaged in the trading of Electrical products (Generators & Cables) with an annual turnover of AED 150 Million.
• Responsible for the entire accounting transactions of the company.
• Assisting the Financial Controller in finalization of Accounts
• Import LC's and Export Documentation.
• Systems & Procedures Implementation for better Internal Control
• Mobilization of Credit facilities, and arranging for TR's from the Banks
• Develop the annual operating budget
• Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
• Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• MIS reporting to CEO
AP & Fixed Assets Team - B A Continuum Solutions Pvt Ltd
April 2006 - April 2007
Hyderabad, India (wholly owned non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America)
• To ensure efficient and effective operation of the AP and Fixed Assets teams
• Managing complete range of accounting functions including Budgets, MIS, Cash Flow, Credit Control etc.
• Payment Verification and Authorization
• Overall responsibility to ensure reporting quality and timeliness
• Build, coordinate and maintain relationships with Central Finance and Local Vendors
• Ensure Company's policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to • Responsible for Capitalization: maintaining W I P schedule, clearing of items from Capital Suspense account to respective asset account, updating Fixed Assets Register
• Participation in weekly / monthly accounts review meetings to clarify management queries
• Financial Reporting, Preparing monthly Dash Boards, Variance Analysis
Finance & Accounts
February 2000 - March 2006
KARVY group companies, India
KARVY is an integrated financial services company with 400+ branches and 6000+ workforce, spread all over India
• Accounts Payables & Accounts Receivables
• Pay Roll Management & Payment to Staff spread across the Country
• Working Capital Management & Expenditure control
• Inter-companies reconciliation for KARVY group of companies, Passing Cost Centre Cleaning entries.
• Raising Debit / Credit Notes after reconciliation, charging Interest to group companies
• Reconciliation & Consolidation of branch accounts
• Scrutiny & approval of Branches budgets
• Ensuring completeness, accuracy and validity of payments
• Fixed Assets Register
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more