I have experience in teaching English as a second language.
Director, Committee on Education and Skills Policy (CESP)
From June 2010
1. Ensure day to day coordination between all concerned and interested ministries and departments in respect of the implementation of the project;
2. Obtain, with the permission of the CESP, the assistance of such Consultants, Advisers, and other experts and personnel as may be necessary to (1) draft such legal documents and statures as would be required for the establishment of the envisaged institutional structures;
3. Draft the National Qualifications Framework, (3) assist the CESP in the performance of its functions in any general or particular context, including the oversight of the Project and its long term sustainability;
4. Work closely with concerned departments of the Ministries (such as the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training of the MOE) to ensure that each component of the program of action for which the CESP is directly responsible, operates as per its designated role and in the manner desired, and to facilitate matters in such manner as may be required;
5. Develop, devise and get approved by the CESP, rules of procedure and other administrative documents governing the operations and functioning of the various Awarding Boards constituted under the aegis of the CESP;
6. Assure the CESP, the government and the donor community that progress in the execution
a. of the project are as per the implementation schedule agreed upon and that all applicable
b. norms and parameters of ethics, prudence, propriety, transparency and accountability are
c. being adhered to in every aspect of the Project, including recruitment, selection, and d. appointment of service providers, suppliers and contractors;
7. Set up the necessary Technical Consultative Committees and Working Groups and to provide secretarial and documentary service to these committees as may be required;
8. Ensure that the secretariat as a whole performs all its required tasks as above, and will administratively assist the Chairman of the Committee and the...
of CRS Afghanistan
-11 Liaise with ACBAR and the government of Afghanistan to help CRS Humanitarian relief and development programs to be implemented normally
Advisor, Committee on Education and Skills Policy
March 2009 - April 2010
(First VP's Office & Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disables)
• Provide programmatic and analytical support as required by the Secretary of the Committee;
• Coordinate all National and International Technical Support provided by relavant ministries;
• Support the head of secretariat in facilitating the policy discussions and analyses' of the meetings on all issues;
• Provide strategic support/input to planning and implementing programs funded by different donors and related to the Committee on Education and Skills Policy (CESP);
• Lead correspondence line of a complex or sensitive nature with the Line Ministries;
• Coordinate closely with all activities of the office of the First VP to ensure coordination and information flow with the team members;
• Coordinate closely with liaison staff of senior officials in the line ministries to follow up on major agreements;
• Lead the secretariat staff CESP in developing papers, briefings, presentations, speeches and notes;
• Accompany/ represent the Head of CESP Secretariat to the meetings and make sure all related issues are properly documented, timely communicated and followed up;
• Maintain confidentiality in all correspondence and meetings;
• Lead the secretariat team in organizing regular meetings of all staff, consultants and advisers;
• Undertake additional duties when necessary and perform other related duties required by the Head of Secretariat.
Advisor, Ministry of Commerce & Industry
November 2008 - October 2009
(ARDS Contract supported by the World Bank)
• Provide programmatic and analytical support as required for the ministry of Commerce and as requested by the Deputy Minister;
• Coordinate all National and International Technical Support provided by different donors as requested by the Deputy Minister;
• Coordinate with Government entities, UN Agencies/International Organizations and different commercial and trade organizations, unions and societies to exchange information, knowledge and expertise required for the smooth running and development of the related departments supervised by the Deputy Minister;
• Support the Deputy Minister in facilitating the policy discussions and analyses' of the meetings on all issues and assisting the heads of related departments as required to ensure issues are mainstreamed and raised to the policy makers as required.
• Provide strategic support/input to planning and implementing programs funded by different donors and related to the ministry of Commerce;
• Lead correspondence line of a complex or sensitive nature with the Line Ministries, National Assembly etc; and maintain confidential files;
• Coordinate closely with all activities of the office of the Deputy Minister to ensure coordination and information flow with the team members;
• Coordinate closely with liaison staff of senior officials in the ministry of Commerce as well as other ministries and donors to follow up on major agreements;
• Lead and manage preparation of briefing materials for the meetings of the deputy Minister with the Government, UN agencies and donors;
• Lead the secretariat staff of the Deputy Minister's office in developing papers, briefings, presentations, speeches and notes as requested by Deputy Minister;
• Accompany/ represent the Deputy Minister to the meetings and make sure all related issues are properly documented, timely communicated and followed up; Maintain confidentiality in all correspondence and...
Head of Communications, Afghanistan National Development Strategy
July 2007 - September 2008
* Lead the Communication Team
* Study and understand the PRSP requirements for ''strategic communication'' focusing on 2 priorities: inclusion and expression
• Assist in the analysis of information needs of specific target groups;
• Assist in the development of tools and strategies to ensure genuine participation of the stakeholders (government, civil society, private sector and general population) in Kabul and in the provinces and the active solicitation of their views;
• Assist in the development of key messages which can be easily understood by stakeholders.
• Assist in the preparation and facilitation of national and sub-national communication and PR events related to the preparation of the ANDS/PRSP.
• Assist in the preparation and dissemination of briefing materials in Dari and Pashto for the Parliament, the Ministries, the NGOs, Civil Society, the Media and the general population (booklets, brochures) on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), ANDS and the Afghanistan Compact;
• Prepare media briefings, updates, press releases for the JCMB and web stories on key policy initiatives and deliver to national and local Afghan media outlets;
• Prepare presentations for meetings, workshops and the media in a clear and simple language that is adapted to local contexts and the socio-cultural background of Afghanistan;
• Establish and maintain close relationships with national and local Afghan media outlets, as well as international news services when required, and provide timely and accurate information upon request;
• Direct press inquiries from national media and Afghan journalists on ANDS activities in Afghanistan to senior management;
• Any other duties as requested by the ANDS Director
Quality Translation Services
From October 2006
1. Management of the business firm
2. Supervision of the staff
3. Final editing of important documents
4. Keeping high level contacts with the business community
5. Provide consultancy to other similar businesses
Head of Translation Dept. ANDS - Afghanistan National Development Strategy
November 2005 - July 2007
6. Supervision of the team of translators
7. Correction and editing the translated materials
8. Take active part in the preparation of the National Development Strategy for Afghanistan for the next five years.
9. Make sure of the day to day activities and timelines and deadlines to be met.
10. Preparation, editing and correction of the materials to be published.
Senior Security Manager
April 2004 - October 2005
-1 Analysis of security situation in Afghanistan
-2 Security Assessment of the project areas
-3 Providing CRS staff with security advises
-4 Providing security briefings to staff and visitors
-5 Participating in the ANSO, UN and other security related meetings
-6 Revising the security plan
-7 Making special security measures and precautions
-8 Give road travel security clearance
-9 Help other CI member offices in Security issues
Information / Liaison Officer/Security Advisor
October 2002 - April 2004
• Prepare visiting schedules of CI visitors
• Ensure that the necessary logistical arrangements are made to facilitate these visits.
• Brief visitors on essential security arrangements.
• Liaison with the ACBAR security officer to receive information on security needed for trips outside Kabul, and advise the CI chairperson accordingly.
• Attend relevant security meetings and inform Caritas members accordingly.
• Attend relevant Government, NGO and UN meetings.
• Provide CI members with updates on government policies and security issues.
• Send regular security updates to a selected number of e-mail addresses on behalf of the chair.
• Attend the monthly CI co-ordination meetings in Kabul, and make minutes of these meetings.
• Support the work of the CI communicator, and her assistant.
• Supervise the work of the CI logistical assistant (radio, visa's flight bookings, purchases and etc.
• The daily running of the CI office, including organizing logistics, procurements, filing documents etc.
• To carry out other relevant duty asked by the chair.
Refugee Camp Manager
Kurram Agency Pakistan
December 2001 - July 2002
For Intersos-an implementing Partner of UNHCR
• To manage all Project activities in the field.
• To assist the expatriate staff in any way in order to assure the successful implementation of all the activities of Intersos / UNHCR in the field.
• To undertake feasibility study on the planned activities of the project.
• To identify possible sector of intervention and activities in the context of the project and to plan new sectors of intervention.
• To supervise, guide, support and form (also through ad hoc training) the local staff.
• To evaluate the local staff.
Managing Director, Academic Coordinator
Up to December 2001
• To support and manage the staff and the teaching process.
• To enhance staff capabilities through staff training program.
• To supervise academic and administrative activities.
• To train new teachers and to provide opportunities for their mental growth to meet the requirements of the society.
• To provide up-to-date teaching and supplementary materials.
Deputy Director of AAID, an Afghan NGO
• To direct and monitor all the administrative and program activities of AAID.
• To manage, supervise and undertake activities of all 3-sections- engineering, health and education to assure for the best implementation of the project.
• To survey, write and submit new proposals of the projects of rehabilitation and reconstruction of Afghanistan.
• To support and guide the three head of sections to implement their relevant projects on time
• To undertake in accord with the Director, any appropriate measure to supervise, guide and support all the staff to meet the requirements of AAID policies.
English Language Instructor
•1 To teach English Language to the staff in different levels.
Coordinator of English Language Courses
• To promote English language skill among the students of Kabul University.
• To provide teaching materials as well as supplementary.
• To establish a comprehensive English Language program.
• To manage the day-to-day affairs of the course.
Assistant for the Head of Dept. of English
• To assist the Head of the Dept with the administrative and academic issues
• To teach English Language as a second language.
• To teach English Language to the students of different faculties of Kabul University.
BA Monograph on English Grammar
1885: An English-Dari dictionary based on Michael West's List, with the Introduction of up to date symbols of pronunciation. (Unique in its time)
Deputy Editor in Chief
Supervisor of Aid distribution to Malnourished children and the needy mothers
It was a short time job of distributing material to malnourished children and the needy mothers.
Manager of students' cafeteria and students' club
International Conference held by International Bar Association
3 1985-1987: Manager of students' cafeteria and students' club
March 1985: Interpreter for the supreme Judge of Afghanistan in the International Conference held by International Bar Association in Bombay, India.
Tutor of English Language
Embassies of Egypt, Yugoslavia, Korea and Palestine
6 1979-1982: In charge of the scientific Information part of the children magazine called Kamkiano-Anis in Kabul.
Qualifications & Certifications
Education & English Language