Conception, reflexion around issues linked to the usage of new technologies in education for business and schools
William V.S. Tubman University
January 2011 - June 2012
* I taught for three semesters.
The first semester I taught an introductory course to computer science. Then during the following semester, I shifted my focus towards a more theoretical domain of algebra, whilst continuing to supervise two computer courses: An introductory course and a more advanced course which focused on the usage of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Finally, for the last semester I concentrated on teaching “Analytical geometry and trigonometry”.
- This was all done in the challenging context of a post-war developing country. Here, we lack many resources and infrastructural capacities: From the lack of chalk to unreliable electrical supplies. Nonetheless, we continue to make fast progress which I find very exciting.
Tree and Ko
January 2010 - January 2010
I am following up the creation of a 20ha family rubber plantation. The tapping of rubber is planned to start in 2015. I held various roles on the field:
- Supervisor of the workers for the clearing of the (secondary) forest, and the planting of the trees.
- Acting as a logistician of food, tools, and salaries'.
- My work duties also included more complex tasks which were related to field delimitation and mapping which required a good understanding of landownership issues.
August 2010 - December 2011
Website designing with PHP, MySql and the CMS Drupal, Ubuntu...
January 2009 - September 2010
I built a chicken farm (foundation, poles and roof...)
When the chicks arrived we raised them following strict health care procedures. In addition of taking care of the logistics for food supplies I handled the marketing of the grown chicken in Abidjan major markets.
July 2007 - July 2008
With a computer engineer team of 30 member, I resolved complex problems which affected the application of the major French social and health insurance company (MGEN). This application handeled more than 3 million files for their clients.
My role was to create, repair and manage, software modules in COBOL using the application PACBASE. These modules were to link the Java interface to the Oracle database.
Keywords: SQL, COBOL, java, organisation, collaboration, autonomy
January 2006 - March 2007
As a doctorant at in the Educational Technology Expertise Center of the Open University of Netherlands, my main research interest hadto do with how social software such as “LinkedIn”, facebook are used for e-learning.
There, I was researching how it is possible to create a feeling of community in a virtual world in order to help the distant learning process?
* I participated in various events in the field of e-learning and I wrote a scientific paper.
Program Specialist Assistant (Internship)
June 2004 - September 2004
* I was engaged in an international and diplomatic environment.
* I helped organize the first international conference on the use of WIFI in campus of developing countries by taking the initiative to deliver personal invitations to more than 100 national delegations.
- The conference had a particularly high attendance rate. It was a success. As a result, 6 years later, in 2010 I was able to benefit from WIFI on a remote Liberian university campus.
* I helped translat scientifics articles to be published in the UNESCO science journal, from English to French.
My principal duty during my internship was to evaluate educational projects proposal that we received from educational institutions from all over the world. The selected projects were given financial help, whilst the others were provided with critical and helpful advice upon how to improve their projects.
Junior Software Engineer (intership)
January 2003 - September 2003
I build a software to do Network Structural Analysis for social network.
Based on a previous study (Watts and Strogatz), I designed a java application Simulating the evolution of a social network.
Keywords: Social Network Analysis, java, graphs
Nimba Integral Reserve
redrawn the interantional reserve boundary based on official documents. Adding another classified forest in Guinea.
mapping rubber, coconut, palmtree plantation
Places in Abidjan
Close to 2000 edit as for 6 month of work
I have been mapping Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea and Liberia using satellite imagery.
I can tell the difference from different type of plantation (rubber, palm, coconut, sugar, canne, pine apple)...
Mapping is a pleasure
I finished 4 coursera online classe (cryptography, Internet history, programmation for Datamining R, mathematical thinking).
I followed this courses to test the plateform.
Setting up a Moodle plateform for a Liberian University
I set up a moodle plateform for a Liberian University. Unfortunately the bad infrastructure did not enable us to use it.
Transient ad-hoc learning communities
I created a simulation to test criteria that could help the success of online learning communities
Backup of Learning Objects
I did a study of standards and ways to store and share Learning Object on the Web.
Qualifications & Certifications
Université Joseph Fourier (Grenoble I)
Bachelor - Maîtrise
Université Pierre Mendès-France (Grenoble II)
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more