I am an admitted attorney with a BA Law & LLB. I additionally hold several certificates diplomas and an honors with various institutions.
For 10 years I worked for Department: Minerals in various capacities from deputy director to chief Director. For three years i was employed by Shell Energy SA as Head: Corporate Affairs and handled reputation management, internal/external Communication, management of: issues, stakeholders, CSI, enterprise development, crisis policy review and monitoring & evaluation. In my employment at Gold Fields SA my responsibilities included compliance & governance issues including. This related to management of authorisations: prospecting, mining, environmental ensuring compliance: Mining Charter, audit findings, regulatory environment, managment of litigation/cases, servitudes and being a trustee on Company Trusts [Thusano & Commu Trust], Chamber/ Mines. At Limpopo Legislature I performed I looked after administration [Financial, Fleet, HR, LR, Comms, IT, Audit & Security], Members Facilities [Political Support, Parl. Exchange & Protocol] & Parliamentary Services [Library, Research, House Proceedings, NCOP, Committee Services, Legal, P/ Participation, Hansard, Language Service management skil [POSDCORB] policy & legislative drafting & review, compliance/governance management, system/process development, contract management, financial management, legal research, Communication. My cobjective is to work for an institution that appreciates talent.
Policy & Legislative Drafting & Review
Vice President: Legal SA
May 2013 - October 2013
Responsibility of all compliance & governance issues including:
• Governance & management of authorisations: prospecting, mining, environmental
• Ensuring Compliance with M/Charter, Audit Findings, Regulatory Environment,
• Support on & reporting on: Company's litigation/cases, servitudes
• Representation the company on Trusts [Thusano & Community Trust] and Chamber/ Mines
December 2012 - April 2013
Managing own private practice:
• handling mainly criminal,
• civil & commercial matters.
University of Pretoria
February 2011 - June 2012
• Legal advising to clients,
• legal drafting,
• civil and criminal litigation,
• debt, counselling, mediation
April 2010 - February 2012
• Leading strategic re-direction,
• Re-defining company's corporate image,
• Resolving legal issues,
• Devising policies, procedure etc.
Head: Corporate Affairs
Shell Energy SA
June 2007 - March 2010
• Reputation Management,
• Issue Management,
• Stakeholders Management,
• Corporate Social Investement,
• Enterprise Development,
• Crisis Management.
Petroleum Agency SA
From June 2007
• Developning document goals, indicators, frequency, timing, progress & variance explanation,
• Developing staff spread sheets for Individual Devt. Plans IDP's , Personal Health & Safety Pans, projects plans, travel-budget plans, & ensuring plans' implementation,
• Regularising interaction between Communication and Classes of Business on Business Environment Plan Issues [BEP],
• Developing and consistently implementing a Stakeholder and Communication plans thus improving the relationships and enabling business to achieve Company's goal,
• Partaking in development of the fiscal regime for the exploration and production rights SA,
• Standardising business processes and documentation needed for implementation of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Dev Act, 2002 and the Mining Charter,
• Training the staff on the Mining Charter application, applications evaluation and approval and issuing in terms of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act,
• Recruiting and training temporary staff within two weeks to achieve the targets,
• Eliminating the production rights applications backlog.
Dept. Minerals & Energy
From March 2005
• Evaluation of mining applications,
• Registration of rights
March 2004 - January 2005
• Dept. Minerals & Energy,
• Drafting Diamond & Precious Metals Gen. Amendment Bill.
February 2002 - May 2005
• Closing the skills gap on the staff requirements of the Mining Titles Amendment Act. Energy, Pretoria:
• Developing and standardising business processes & documents for implementation of Mining Titles Amendment Act.
• Eliminating the backlog on rights registration by dealing with the challenges from the Laws.
• Regional offices and putting in place clear communication strategy with the mining companies or consultants registering rights
Independant Electoral Commission [IEC]
• Managing election process and staff.
Deputy/Director: Mineral Development
April 1997 - February 2004
• Standardising business processes and documentation needed for implementation of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Dev. Act, 2002 and the Mining Charter,
• Raising knowledge levels, especially amongst communities, small-scale miners and new Director: Mineral entrants on the requirements and benefits of the Mining Charter and the Minerals and Development Petroleum Act,
• Mediating and resolving disputes between the mining companies and mining
communities e.g. Oesonskraal and Vametco disputes,
• Developing small-scale miners in the Qwa-Qwa, Botshabelo and other aggregate material (clay, sandstone) mining communities. This entailed organising, capturing in data-base, registering with DTI, raising level of legal compliance and opportunities awareness, creating business & stakeholder linkages
• Participating in the core-team that developed the mining-administration system, Minact.
• Participating in the development of the Independent Development Goals for the Free State local and municipal authorities.
Labour Relations Consultant
Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council [GJMT]
From December 1996
• Reviewing employees' conditions of service
Magistrate Court, Maseru
October 1990 - July 1992
Prosecuting in criminal e.g. theft, rape, and assault.
Qualifications & Certifications
Advanced Time Management Certificate
SA Management Development Institute
Certificate: National Credit Regulator: Debt Counselling
University of Pretoria
Shell Open University
Presidential Strategic Leadership Development
SA Management Development Institute
Bachelor of Laws
BA Law Degree
Mount Carmel Primary School
Laws and Environmental Management