I am an admitted attorney with a BA Law & LLB. I additionally hold several certificates diplomas and an honors with various institutions.
For 10 years I worked for Department: Minerals in various capacities from deputy director to chief Director. For three years i was employed by Shell Energy SA as Head: Corporate Affairs and handled reputation management, internal/external Communication, management of: issues, stakeholders, CSI, enterprise development, crisis policy review and monitoring & evaluation. In my employment at Gold Fields SA my responsibilities included compliance & governance issues including. This related to management of authorisations: prospecting, mining, environmental ensuring compliance: Mining Charter, audit findings, regulatory environment, managment of litigation/cases, servitudes and being a trustee on Company Trusts [Thusano & Commu Trust], Chamber/ Mines. At Limpopo Legislature I performed I looked after administration [Financial, Fleet, HR, LR, Comms, IT, Audit & Security], Members Facilities [Political Support, Parl. Exchange & Protocol] & Parliamentary Services [Library, Research, House Proceedings, NCOP, Committee Services, Legal, P/ Participation, Hansard, Language Service management skil [POSDCORB] policy & legislative drafting & review, compliance/governance management, system/process development, contract management, financial management, legal research, Communication. My cobjective is to work for an institution that appreciates talent.
Policy & Legislative Drafting & Review
Vice President: Legal SA
May 2013 - October 2013
Responsibility of all compliance & governance issues including:
• Governance & management of authorisations: prospecting, mining, environmental
• Ensuring Compliance with M/Charter, Audit Findings, Regulatory Environment,
• Support on & reporting on: Company's litigation/cases, servitudes
• Representation the company on Trusts [Thusano & Community Trust] and Chamber/ Mines
December 2012 - April 2013
Managing own private practice:
• handling mainly criminal,
• civil & commercial matters.
University of Pretoria
February 2011 - June 2012
• Legal advising to clients,
• legal drafting,
• civil and criminal litigation,
• debt, counselling, mediation
April 2010 - February 2012
• Leading strategic re-direction,
• Re-defining company's corporate image,
• Resolving legal issues,
• Devising policies, procedure etc.
Head: Corporate Affairs
Shell Energy SA
June 2007 - March 2010
• Reputation Management,
• Issue Management,
• Stakeholders Management,
• Corporate Social Investement,
• Enterprise Development,
• Crisis Management.
Petroleum Agency SA
From June 2007
• Developning document goals, indicators, frequency, timing, progress & variance explanation,
• Developing staff spread sheets for Individual Devt. Plans IDP's , Personal Health & Safety Pans, projects plans, travel-budget plans, & ensuring plans' implementation,
• Regularising interaction between Communication and Classes of Business on Business Environment Plan Issues [BEP],
• Developing and consistently implementing a Stakeholder and Communication plans thus improving the relationships and enabling business to achieve Company's goal,
• Partaking in development of the fiscal regime for the exploration and production rights SA,
• Standardising business processes and documentation needed for implementation of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Dev Act, 2002 and the Mining Charter,
• Training the staff on the Mining Charter application, applications evaluation and approval and issuing in terms of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act,
• Recruiting and training temporary staff within two weeks to achieve the targets,
• Eliminating the production rights applications backlog.
Dept. Minerals & Energy
From March 2005
• Evaluation of mining applications,
• Registration of rights
March 2004 - January 2005
• Dept. Minerals & Energy,
• Drafting Diamond & Precious Metals Gen. Amendment Bill.
February 2002 - May 2005
• Closing the skills gap on the staff requirements of the Mining Titles Amendment Act. Energy, Pretoria:
• Developing and standardising business processes & documents for implementation of Mining Titles Amendment Act.
• Eliminating the backlog on rights registration by dealing with the challenges from the Laws.
• Regional offices and putting in place clear communication strategy with the mining companies or consultants registering rights
Independant Electoral Commission [IEC]
• Managing election process and staff.
Deputy/Director: Mineral Development
April 1997 - February 2004
• Standardising business processes and documentation needed for implementation of the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Dev. Act, 2002 and the Mining Charter,
• Raising knowledge levels, especially amongst communities, small-scale miners and new Director: Mineral entrants on the requirements and benefits of the Mining Charter and the Minerals and Development Petroleum Act,
• Mediating and resolving disputes between the mining companies and mining
communities e.g. Oesonskraal and Vametco disputes,
• Developing small-scale miners in the Qwa-Qwa, Botshabelo and other aggregate material (clay, sandstone) mining communities. This entailed organising, capturing in data-base, registering with DTI, raising level of legal compliance and opportunities awareness, creating business & stakeholder linkages
• Participating in the core-team that developed the mining-administration system, Minact.
• Participating in the development of the Independent Development Goals for the Free State local and municipal authorities.
Labour Relations Consultant
Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan Council [GJMT]
From December 1996
• Reviewing employees' conditions of service
Magistrate Court, Maseru
October 1990 - July 1992
Prosecuting in criminal e.g. theft, rape, and assault.
Qualifications & Certifications
Advanced Time Management Certificate
SA Management Development Institute
Certificate: National Credit Regulator: Debt Counselling
University of Pretoria
Shell Open University
Presidential Strategic Leadership Development
SA Management Development Institute
Bachelor of Laws
BA Law Degree
Mount Carmel Primary School
Laws and Environmental Management
St Mary's High School
Mt Carmel Secondary School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more