IT Service Management, Technical Support, IT Service Desk, IT Help Desk, Desktop Support
I have 17 years of working experience in which 8 years of the 17 years are in IT Service Management and IT Technical Support.
I currently work for African Bank in the IT Service Desk as supervisor.
I lead a team of 28 IT Service Desk Agents.
IT - Service Desk Supervisor
From April 2010
• Day to day management of the IT Service Desk
• Scheduling of shifts
• Monitoring and reporting on schedule adherence
• Setup processes
• Incident Management
• People Management
• Project management
• SLA and OLA management
• Identification of IT Service Desk Analyst training needs
• Monitoring of IT Service Desk Analyst productivity
• Monitoring and reporting on daily, weekly and monthly SLA statistics
• Management of major incidents
• Define and review KPIs
• Ensure ongoing service delivery and support meet agreed customer requirements
• Manage issues related to customer service and ensure timely feedback to the users.
• Deliver service reporting in the form of daily operational Production reports.
• Team management which includes team development, work allocation and prioritization, performance management and team building.
• Analyse incident and service requests logging trends, identify user training needs.
• Escalate issue to the relevant application or environment owners.
• Conduct monthly team meetings
• Ensure relevant information is communicated to the team
IT Service Desk Agent
May 2006 - March 2010
• Installing and maintaining computer networks and • Application configurations
• Installation and support for new software and hardware
• Fault diagnosis and fixes.
• Installation, support and troubleshooting for the
Telephone systems used (i.e. Interaction Client and Avaya)
• Providing 1st and 2nd level support to end-users.
• Desktop/Laptop installation and support
• Assist users with software related problems.
• Logging queries and faults with relative vendors.
• Ensure new users are up and running.
• Resetting network user accounts on Active Directory.
• Support Microsoft products.
• Support Nu-Pay machines.
• Configure and support Biometrics devices.
• Outlook configuration and support. (Exchange and POP3 clients)
• Configure network and local printers.
• Providing advice, training and assistance to users on company standard software.
• Ensure all calls are logged and escalated to relevant departments or vendors.
• Extensive troubleshooting.
• Installation and maintenance of peripherals.
• Provide onsite user assistance.
• Re-imaging of machines. (using Norton ghost image)
• LAN and wireless network support. (3G devices, Routers, Switches and Hubs)
• Wireless Network Support. (Troubleshooting and Configurations)
• Help desk Support.
• Good Customer/Client Service support.
• Results oriented and initiative.
• Technical report writing.
• Providing technical remote support to the entire business' user base in attempt to resolve problems within the least time possible and preventing unnecessary calls to external vendors.
• Providing assistance to the Service Desk Support Agent's w.r.t Technical Support aspects.
• Monitoring problem tickets assigned to the support group, taking ownership of all calls on CA Unicenter Service Desk, resolving all calls where possible, or assigning calls to the relevant technical specialist team - whether internal to IT division or external.
• Ensuring correct service levels are...
Call Centre Agent
November 2003 - May 2006
• Confirming client's employment with their HR
• Set correct debit order dates.
• Ensure correct client details entry on the system
• Deal client queries
• Ensure deals are captured according to the credit policy requirements.
• Contact clients on their cell phones to ensure client contactability for collections purposes.
REASON FOR LEAVING: I am looking for new challenges.
Company Previous position Department Duration Reason for leaving
IT Service Desk Supervisor
Internal transfer (per application)
Quality Control Specialist
Qualifications & Certifications
NEW MANAGERS PROGRAMME (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE)
WITWATERSRAND UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL
Working World Business College
Wits Business School
Nthuba High School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more