Claim you profile
Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, UK
April 2012 - August 2012
Working for important clients in the UK and abroad
Including TATA steel /Chevron Nigeria/Humber Bridge
UT crosschecking and Specialist/advanced NDT /TOFD
Commissioning of new TOFD equipment (never used in the UK) for the MISTRAS group
Senior clients Inspector
September 2012 - June 2014
Italy and all N.D.T at the Verdal site, Norway.
• Crosschecking of contractor work, review of procedures, overseeing methods, general advice on all methods of N.D.T. Including 3.8/3.9/TOFD/Phased array applications,
Applied to the offshore build programme.
• Advise and Implement change regarding NDT practices and procedures
• Conduct and report sub-contract audits, produce high quality visual/written report packs.
Shell Pernis /Herrema
2011-2012 Senior Inspector (specialist AUT/TOFD)
Utilising TOFD/phased Array/Corrosion mapping techniques for in service defects and new construction
-Shell Pernis /Herrema Holland
- British Gas Trinidad
Senior NDT technician/semi-supervisory role including-Training of locals/assessment - aiding new starts/3.9 UT/TOFD/Phased array of welding pipework and vessels/corrosion surveys /in service weld checks/advice on NDT
Senior Clients Inspector/Corrosion
engineer, all Inspection Disciplines
Zuetina Oil, Libya working extensively with Germanischer Lloyd
Senior Clients Inspector
B.P./R.B.G - Oil services
Up to June 2009
to Caspian sea region (Baku/Aktau)
Also provision of specialist NDT services LNG project Qatar.
+ provision of 3.9 Inspection services to QiS
Employment History (cont)
Supervisor BAE Land Systems Barrow
• Organisation of workflow and personnel
• Organisation of overtime and shifts
• Conduct of potential employee interviews
• Liaison with shop floor, Quality and upper management on a daily basis
• Liaison with M.O.D/American Canadian forces regarding NDT matters
• Liaison with client on site and overseas
• Formation and conduct of employees personal development reviews
• Toolbox talks
• Budgeting and arrangement for acquisition of equipment and consumables
• Budgeting and organisation of training
• Liaison with management over disciplinary issues
• Detailed NDT advice on all NDT matters and new innovation
roles on UFH and Light gun Projects. Advisor for N.D.E to American/Canadian Forces M777 project - California/Oklahoma/ New Jersey /Palm springs/Ottawa, Canada
BAE Systems Marine.Barrow.Part
of the development team for advanced T.O.F.D/Phased array U.T Inspections. Temporary N.D.E. Supervision on A.O and L.P.D. Shipbuilding Projects
One of the first 10 people in UK to sit TOFD P.C.N
Passed first attempt and 5 year re-sit first attempt
Employment History (cont)
Supply of NDT Inspections and supervision to the Nuclear/coal Power Industry for OIS/COMECK.
All Disciplines. Supply of NDT services to Unit inspection, Northern Ireland
All Disciplines for Gas pipeline projects/offshore re-fit.
Supply of NDT Inspections and supervision to Oil and Gas Industry.North/West Africa/Canada for AMOSCO and O'Neil Project Services.
Supply of NDT Inspections to the Nuclear Power Industry for Jordan Engineering, Selafield.Cumbria.
Time Served 5 Year NDT Apprentice
Supply of NDT to VSEL
All Disciplines.Forgings, Castings, Welds
Qualifications & Certifications
High school qualifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more