I am an experienced Branch, Territory and Country manager with skills in managing Sales, Sales team members, P&L's and strategizing business development. I am available for Sales management, Branch management or operations management roles. My key skills are people management and team building along with a strong operational focus on hiring and managing staff, budgeting and execution.
Partner, sales and delivery
With two other partners, Tiree Consulting was formed. Designed to be a specialty staffing firm focused on delivering IT resources on a contract, full time (permanent) or payroll basis. The company based its principles to success as being a solid source for good resources, having good relationships with both clients and contractors and being as flexible to the client's needs as possible. Focused on Account management and sales for the company, as well as hands-on recruitment and delivery.
• Participate in building a large contractor database
• Build client relationships and grow active approved vendor list
• Build a strong player in the Alberta market
Canada Senior Vice President
Responsible for Canada, with existing operations of Ajilon in Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, as well as the Modis offices in Toronto and Calgary. Tasked with P & L in Canada, over $150 million revenue, and to ensure consistent delivery during the transition period.
• Led the renewed growth of the Western offices. At the end of Q3 2010, operating income overall was 67% over the same period of time the previous year
• Provided sales leadership and management to negotiate and avoid client overlap and stimulate new account development
Western Canada Senior Vice President
As Senior Vice President, tasked for overall P & L responsibility for both Western Canada (Vancouver to Winnipeg) and the National Capital Region. In June of 2009, acquired responsibility for the P & L's of Colorado, Northern California, Oregon and Washington State. Provided territory and branch management as well as involved in key sales strategies and execution on accounts.
• Grew business in Canada in 2008 by 11%. Ottawa won branch of the year, producing over $58 million in revenues for that region alone.
• Implemented stable and effective branch management for Vancouver, Edmonton and Regina, which set the platform to show growth in regions which had been stagnant for years.
Vice President Prairie Region
Responsible for the branch offices servicing Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg and surrounding areas. Responsibility for delivering Ajilon's full range of services through its Prairie sales force, and managing the Region and its employees.
• Stabilized the Calgary branch; grew headcount by 50% and grew revenues to over $7 million.
Contributed various aspects of operational activity in branch, including sales, market development, client relations, solution management and proposal management. Provided account planning, RFP technical responses, project initiation and ensured client satisfaction during and post completion. Managed a team of five dedicated to developing client accounts, overall sales and servicing client/consultant issues.
• Hired and developed key sales team of five
• Focused on new account development and key account development which established private sector practice, and key government accounts previously neglected.
Responsible for the marketing, recruiting, sales and placement activities for assigned accounts. Developed and implemented marketing strategies to increase name recognition, and service capabilities and sales in key accounts. Provided sales support to proposals and sales initiatives to secure volume business. Managed and maintained up to 80 contractors including duties such as negotiating rates, extensions and transition of services in client sites. Acted as Account Prime for Nortel in Ottawa, a $35 million account in 2000
• Awarded Presidents Club Status as top Sales in Canada for 2000, Delivered over $1million in Gross Margin in 2000.
As an Authoring Specialist, combined multimedia elements such as audio, graphics, animations and text into fully functional, interactive multimedia programs. Worked as part of a project team, taking input from various components of the multimedia production process.
Qualifications & Certifications
Leadership Program ALP
IMD School of Business
Post Secondary, Algonquin College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more