Claim you profile
Self Defence For Schools/Colleges/Individuals
I am a 3rd Dan Black Belt. I have participated in and practiced various self defence disciplines and adapted these to the reality of the street situation. These are taught in a fun way; with the focus one of improving individual self confidence
EBD Unit - Robert Bruce School
Linked to local Robert Bruce Middle School providing for students with Statement of Special Educational Needs( Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) North Bedfordshire.
Working one day weekly to provide educational support for boys aged 9 to 13.
• Designed and delivered learning solutions for pupils with challenging behaviour resulting in positive changes in behaviour, higher attention spans and increased learning of key skills.
• Assessed and supported children with a range of learning and physical difficulties.
• Managed classes of up to 12 children displaying disruptive behaviour resulting in improved performance and increased levels of learning.
• Successfully delivered lessons in general subjects to secondary school pupils.
• Provided additional tutoring to underperforming students resulting in improved grades.
EBD Unit - Robert Bruce School
Linked to local Robert Bruce Middle School providing for students with Statement of Special Educational Need, ( Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) North Bedfordshire.
Responsible for teaching core subjects and life skills and moderating social and behavioural skills.
• Prepared and appraised students for re-integration to mainstream education.
• Co-ordinated student progress reports with parents and outside agencies.
Achievements: I planned and prepared work according to each student's ability and interest. This led to a greater involvement in their work by some students.
Martial Arts Instructor
qualified instructor in Tang Soo Do Karate. Own and manage local club providing classes to all age groups.
• Black belt and aged over 40 World champion in 2004.
• Successfully instructed students to achieve black belt status.
• Provided weekly classes for up to 14 people of a wide range of ages.
Achievements: Coaching/ mentoring some students to attain their Black Belt.
• Delivered learning solutions to adolescent offenders in a secure setting and assisted in achievement of NC accreditation and proficiency awards.
• Guided and mentored year 10 students with varying special needs on the ASDAN course.
• Developed literacy and numeracy skills covering core subjects 3 & 4 of the national curriculum.
Slated Row Special School
2002 - 2005
A special school providing education for children aged between 4 & 19 who have moderate learning difficulties, although some have more complex special educational needs. 168 pupils and 20 staff.
Responsible for planning, organising and monitoring the success of the P.E. curriculum throughout the school.
• Devised a PE curriculum and assessment procedures and measured pupil performance against targets.
• Provided support and advice to colleagues teaching P.E. disciplines.
• Successfully managed the P.E. financial budget £3000 per annum.
• Implemented P.E. policy development plan and developed assessment procedures resulting in enhanced performance of pupils and achievement of targets.
• Successfully organised annual sports day and swimming gala.
• Liaised and maintained key relationships with other schools and successfully negotiated use of facilities at no extra cost.
• Worked with community providers and external coaches to enhance support and encourage commitment to the P.E. program.
• Involved in the planning and organisation of school sports festivals. Worked in partnership with local Special Schools.
• Qualified as a football, rugby and basketball referee. Led special needs football team and won Milton Keynes Special School Football cup.
• Managed, organised and coached school teams and arranged fixtures for inter-school competitions.
• Introduced and co-ordinated outdoor educational activities.
Achievements: Some students were disengaged in lessons. I overcame this by giving them responsibility in the lesson eg coaching/assisting other students.
Billingbrook Special School
Zimbabwe & Bedford schools
testimonials can be provided
Testimonials can be provided from schools and colleges
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more