Bachelor of Nursing
Part time Nursing Faculty
Lebanese American University
From August 2012
6 weeks residency
Johns Hopkins Institute
August 2012 - October 2012
for my Masters studies at Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in Human Resources "specifically Nursing Recruitment and Retention" and Health Information Systems Management.
o Received two Recommendation letters.
Registered Nurse/Care Coordinator
American University of Beirut Medical Center
From August 2009
"Magnet Designated & JCI Accredited"
o Position held: Registered Nurse/Care Coordinator
* Serves as a Registered Nurse in a Medical/Surgical & Cardiac Telemetry unit.
* Acts as a Care Coordinator on the unit. Duties: Case Management, Discharge Planning, Utilization Review, and to handle the administrative issues on the unit.
* Participated in developing the Career Ladder for AUBMC nurses.
* Participated in the development of the Strategic Goals for AUBMC Councils.
* Nominated for the President's 2013 Service Excellence Award.
* Nominated for the Nursing Director Award.
* Conducted, organized, and lead a multi-disciplinary meeting.
* Did a Journal club presentation to AUBMC RNs on inter-shift report communication.
* Held responsible for the RN satisfaction surveys, disseminated the results with the RNs, created an action plan, and implemented it.
* Jan 4, 2012: Honored in the AUBMC Recognition Ceremony for my "Service Excellence in Patient Care".
• June 2012 - Aug 2012: Selected to act as a clinical preceptor for BSN III AUB Nursing students in their practicum summer course.
• May 31, 2011 - June 2, 2011: Participated as an "Auditor" in the Continuing Medical Education activity entitled: "Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)" at AUBMC.
• Apr 12, 2012 - Apr 15, 2012: Served as an "Auditor" in the Middle East Medical Assembly (MEMA) at the American University of Beirut.
• Feb 2011 - June 2011: Served as a Clinical Preceptor for BSN II Nursing students in the "Introduction to Nursing Practice" & "Health Assessment" courses.
• Aug 2010 - June 2012: Served as an Assistant Student Recruitment Officer at AUB's Hariri School of Nursing.
Student Work Study Program
June 2007 - June 2009
Worked at the Quality Management and Utilization Review Program (QMURP) at AUBMC.
• Member in the "Sigma Theta Tau Society" for professional and academic excellence.
• Member of the Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses (AMSN).
• Nursing IT Champion in the Information Technology Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Vice Chair of the Nursing Work-life Council at AUBMC.
• Member of the Hand-off Communication Committee at AUBMC.
• Member of the Rewards and Recognition Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Nursing Recruitment Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Ethics Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Registered Nurses Taskforce at AUBMC.
Qualifications & Certifications
American University of Beirut