Bachelor of Nursing
Part time Nursing Faculty
Lebanese American University
From August 2012
6 weeks residency
Johns Hopkins Institute
August 2012 - October 2012
for my Masters studies at Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in Human Resources "specifically Nursing Recruitment and Retention" and Health Information Systems Management.
o Received two Recommendation letters.
Registered Nurse/Care Coordinator
American University of Beirut Medical Center
From August 2009
"Magnet Designated & JCI Accredited"
o Position held: Registered Nurse/Care Coordinator
* Serves as a Registered Nurse in a Medical/Surgical & Cardiac Telemetry unit.
* Acts as a Care Coordinator on the unit. Duties: Case Management, Discharge Planning, Utilization Review, and to handle the administrative issues on the unit.
* Participated in developing the Career Ladder for AUBMC nurses.
* Participated in the development of the Strategic Goals for AUBMC Councils.
* Nominated for the President's 2013 Service Excellence Award.
* Nominated for the Nursing Director Award.
* Conducted, organized, and lead a multi-disciplinary meeting.
* Did a Journal club presentation to AUBMC RNs on inter-shift report communication.
* Held responsible for the RN satisfaction surveys, disseminated the results with the RNs, created an action plan, and implemented it.
* Jan 4, 2012: Honored in the AUBMC Recognition Ceremony for my "Service Excellence in Patient Care".
• June 2012 - Aug 2012: Selected to act as a clinical preceptor for BSN III AUB Nursing students in their practicum summer course.
• May 31, 2011 - June 2, 2011: Participated as an "Auditor" in the Continuing Medical Education activity entitled: "Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)" at AUBMC.
• Apr 12, 2012 - Apr 15, 2012: Served as an "Auditor" in the Middle East Medical Assembly (MEMA) at the American University of Beirut.
• Feb 2011 - June 2011: Served as a Clinical Preceptor for BSN II Nursing students in the "Introduction to Nursing Practice" & "Health Assessment" courses.
• Aug 2010 - June 2012: Served as an Assistant Student Recruitment Officer at AUB's Hariri School of Nursing.
Student Work Study Program
June 2007 - June 2009
Worked at the Quality Management and Utilization Review Program (QMURP) at AUBMC.
• Member in the "Sigma Theta Tau Society" for professional and academic excellence.
• Member of the Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses (AMSN).
• Nursing IT Champion in the Information Technology Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Vice Chair of the Nursing Work-life Council at AUBMC.
• Member of the Hand-off Communication Committee at AUBMC.
• Member of the Rewards and Recognition Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Nursing Recruitment Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Ethics Taskforce at AUBMC.
• Member of Registered Nurses Taskforce at AUBMC.
Qualifications & Certifications
American University of Beirut
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more