- Part time
Reactor core design and safety assessment for in-core LOCA and LLOCA. ROP simulations and margin assessment in support of refurbishment of various CANDU core. In-core and ex-core fuel management for CANDU reactors and LWR reactors. Plant commissioning, initial criticality, fuel management strategies, fuel defect assessment, core performance monitoring and code validation. Development of operating policies and principals, guide lines, commissioning procedures and operator training.
Validation of the WIMS
From November 2005
Large LOCA Analysis of ACR-1000 Design Using Coupled RFSP-CATHENA Model", 10820-03500-AR-016 Rev.0" 2006 July.
• "Validation of the WIMS/SCM/RFSP-IST: Calculation of the Fission Product Transient Following Refuelling", CW-117360-440-001, FFC-RCP-145 Rev. 0 2005 May.
Sensitivity of RFSP Channel Power and Bundle Power
From September 2005
Validation of the Improved-Micro-Depletion/RFSP - Fission Product Transient Following Refuelling", 108-119190-440-023.
• "RFSP Model for Intrep/Powermap with new detector Layout positions at Romania Unit 2 ".
From September 2002
EMBALSE: "Cobalt Adjuster Rod Performance Study for 0.9% SEU/CANFLEX Fuel in Embalse Core", FFC-RCP-091. In included Large LOCA Study documented in FFC-RCP-098.
• Prepared Qinshan Physics Design Manual.
• Prepared Qinshan Phase-B Physics Test Report
• Pickering-A GASFA Safety Assessment.
• Wolsong2 Physics Design Manual. Prepared PSAR Chapter 16.
• Assessed ROPT redesign for detector replacement at for Gentilly-2 and PLGS.
• Completed physics design study for replacement of S.S. adjuster rods with cobalt bundles at Darlington-A.
• Completed assessment of transient overpower during refueling of CANDU-600 with 1.2% SEU, 43 element fuel bundle.
• "Physics Commissioning Requirements for ACR-1000", 10820-03310-ASD-006, 2009 June.
Senior Nuclear Engineer
More recent Assignments are itemized below. I have authored and/or reviewed most of these reports.
Senior Technical Specialist
• Reviewed Safety Design Matrices (SDM), Safety Analysis Reports and interpreted the licensing regulations and safety criteria.
• Commissioned/validated computer codes RFSP, PMCR, FLXMAP and HBAL.
• Developed in-core & ex-core fuel management programs. Initial core fuel Warranty Program verification
• Developed Operating Policies and Principals (OP&P) program.
• Developed & implemented core performance monitoring program, fuel defect identification, location and removal guide lines. Optimization of fuel discharge burnup.
Fuel Management Consultant
• Completed the Fuel design and in-core fuel management program for Angra-1 (PWR).
• Completed the reload design & cycle-2 optimization.
• Implemented KWU (Germany) computer codes NUCLAN, FASER, MEDIUM-1 & MEDIUM-2.
PAKISTAN ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION
GILBERT COMMONWEALTH ASSOCIATES INC
• Completed safety assessment & evaluation of design basis accidents for 550 MW (BWR-GE design) reactor installed at Duane Arnold Energy Center, Palo, Iowa, USA.
• Completed radiation shield design of Biological Shield and Auxiliary Shield.
Commissioning and Initial Criticality of PARR
Commissioning, initial criticality and approach to full power of KANUPP.
• Developed 2D and 3D diffusion/depletion codes for fuel scheduling (STOKE-B/PERIKAN).
• Implemented in-core fuel management program.
Physics Requirements for Nuclear Operator Training for ACR
• Gentilly-2 Refurbishment Physics Simulations for ROP Flux Shapes with WIMS/SCM Methodology.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Illinois
University of Engineering & Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more