1) Elante Mall by L&T-Centre Director
From July 2012
with M/s JLL -Heading the management of the mall at Chandigarh -It's a mixed used development (mall, commercial and Hotel) spread across 20 Acres- the mall area is 11, 15,000 sq.ft-July 2012 till date.
Heading the Mall Management of Elante Mall by L&T
From July 2012
based at Chandigarh
The mall is the first & flagship mall of L&T at Chandigarh. It is spread across 11, 15,000 sq.ft and is a part of 20 acres development which has a central hub, Five Star Hotel-Hyatt and commercial development (A Total of 2 million sq.ft).
The management of the mall is undertaken by JLL- . Associated with JLL as a Centre Director, based at Chandigarh & rendering full time services to L&T & to assure the success of the mall. A dual reporting to JLL and COO -L&T.
Was engaged for 9 months in the prelaunch activities like, determining the the retail mix for unleased shops & working with the in-house leasing team , tenant coordination for fitouts , taking handover from projects, signage plans (way finding/ utilities and Parking), planning of traffic movement in parking, launch plan, budgeting, structuring and hiring the mall management team, finalizing vendor and agencies for housekeeping/security/MEP etc. and determining the strength of team with focus on individual KRA's and work optimization w.r.t cost, Formulating and implementing the SOP's of various departments , identifying spaces and leasing of kiosks, Commercial signage's and budgets, CAM budgets, marketing calendar, propositions for enhancing aesthetics and consumer experience.
The mall had a soft launch with 50% occupancy on 15th March-2013 and became 87% occupational within two months. One of the finest openings of Malls in India.
Presently the mall is one of the most successful malls in the country with an average walk-in of 30,000 people on weekdays and above 70,000 per day on weekends.
Now heading the overall Management of the mall w.r.t Facilities, Marketing, Parking, Tenant Management, Events, Promotions, BTL. ATL, signage plans, liaison, Recoveries, Overall P&L, CAM optimization etc.
Elante is one among the biggest and finest malls of North India and the first step of L&T in retail. The mall is in the heart of Chandigarh, & has a collection of more than 220, best of...
Centre Head--General Manager
Koregaon Park Plaza Mall
August 2011 - May 2012
Pune-5, 50,000 sq.ft (Total 11,00,000 sq.ft including commercial centre)- The first European FDI in Malls -August 2011 till May 2012
(a)Deputy Mall Head
DLF Promenade Mall
March 2011 - July 2011
(b)Head Malls-Headed operations of 8 Malls of DLF & 2 MLCP's namely City Centre / Mega Mall / Grand Mall
Centre Head-GM mall operations based at Pune
PLAZA CENTRES-KPP Mall
August 2011 - March 2012
Plaza Centers and Elbit collaborated to develop real estate in India. The Company has a wide presence and expertise in malls worldwide with an existing portfolio of 42 malls in East Europe.
KPP(Koregaon Park Plaza) is the first mall of Plaza Centers in India, and promises to be a mall with class with its state of art architectural features, category & tenant mix, location and services it promises to render to its customers . Launched the mall in March 2012.
• Started with determining the category mix and the retail mix for the mall which was only 50% leased at the time of joining. Closely worked with the leasing team for negotiating the financials with brands with a targeted financial budget.
• Started with gradual team building for various departments keeping in view the timeframes of requirement & effective utilization of manpower.
• Tenant coordination for starting fit outs.
• Fit out coordination and ensuring adherence to guidelines w.r.t shop fronts and services
• Handover from projects w.r.t Civil / Electrical/Mechanical.
• Finalization of Agencies and AMC's
• Procurement of material/machines required for operations
• Conceptualization of SOP's and ensuring adherence from day one.
• Finalization of mall business plan, and ensuring the minimization of losses in CAM in initial stages based on occupancy.
• Planning and execution of the launch of the mall.
• Liaison with government agencies, press, chamber of commerce etc for smooth launch and operations.
• Marketing Annual Calendar aimed at the right positioning and targeted footfall to increase receivables through revenue share.
Spread across 5.5 lac sq.ft KPP has a good mix of vanillas like Collective, GAS, FCUK, CK, Espirit, MAC , Clinique , Forest Essential, UCB, Helios, Titan, Nautica , Next, to name a few. The mix is well supported with anchors like SPAR and Shoppers Stop, PVR-7 screens and a well formulated food court.
South Point Mall / Star Mall
May 2009 - March 2011
at Gurgaon & City Centre-Shalimar Bagh / Galleria- Mayur Vihar / South Court- Saket in Delhi, Two MLCP's(BKSM & SarojniNagar) with reporting of respective mall managers- A total of 3.1 Million sq.ft- May 2009 to March 2011.
Deputy General Manager
March 2007 - July 2011
DLF City Centre
March 2007 - April 2009
DLF Services Limited
March 2007 - August 2011
at Vasant Kunj for a short span of 4 months.
Before that headed a portfolio comprising of 3.1 million sq.ft with 8 Malls and 2 MLCP's, namely City Center, Mega Mall, Grand Mall, South Point and Star Mall at Gurgaon and City Center (Shalimar Bagh), The Galleria (Mayur Vihar) and South Court (Saket) at Delhi. MLCP's at Sarojini Nagar and Baba Khadak Singh Marg.
Also leased, launched & headed the management of DLF City Center, Chandigarh. The Mall was the first leased model of DLF with multiplex, food court & about 70 vanilla brands.
• Ensuring the Malls had the right mix of categories and brands within categories to bring in the projected customer profile. Closely worked with the leasing department to achieve same.
• Conceptualizing the SOP's & ensuring that the same are adhered to and generating weekly reports based on same.
• Preparing and implementing the Mall Business Plan, income and expenditure budget, P&L, common area maintenance budgets, parking budgets and OPEX/ CAPEX for all malls and food courts.
• Ensuring that the fitout upgrade program for all malls is in place as per specified fitout manual.
• Maintaining the highest standards of repairs, services, security, safety & cleanliness.
• Working with the managers to prepare all recommendations such as new lease proposals, rent relief recommendations and tenancy remix.
• Establishing and maintaining harmonious relationships with local business community, press, and chamber of commerce and government authorities.
• Ensuring that all rentals, turnover rental, promotion levies, tenant electricity/CAM and any other tenancy recoverable are collected by the due date.
• Interacting with retailers & Investors to maintain healthy and constructive relations with them.
• Ensuring of recurring events like fashion shows, TV shows, star visits, shopping festivals, festival eccentric events etc. with proper promotional & advertising support, aimed to increase footfalls of the malls.
• Responsible to increase revenue of...
Mall Head-Assistant General Manager
Ansal Plaza mall
May 2005 - February 2007
at Ludhiana - 2,00,000 sq.ft- May.2005 to Feb.2007
CORE COMPETENCIES-W.R.T Malls
- Strategic Planning of Malls - Zoning & Leasing - Fit outs-Coordination & Monitoring
- Mall Budgeting - Event Management - Marketing & Communication
- Formulating/Implementing- SOP's - Facilities Management - Handling Client Relationship's
- Monitoring Fund Flow - Liaison - Signage -Way Finding and Statutory
- Mall Operations - Mall Launch - Team Building.
-Vendor Management - Parking Management - Common Area Maintenance Budgets
- Revenues/Collections and Ageing - Walk-ins Management - Tenancy Recommendations
-Grievance Handling - Overall P&L forecasts - Continual Value Enhancement
-Commercial Signage Incomes - Kiosks & Casual Licensing - Promotional Incomes & BTL
-Competitor Analysis - Retail Analysis and Trends. - Handover from Projects
Sales & Mktg., Mall Management as Asst. General Manager
Ansal Properties & Infrastructure Ltd., API
May 2005 - February 2007
• Launched & Headed the Management of Ansal Plaza Mall at Ludhiana, reporting to the director Ansal Plaza Mall Management Company.
• Accountable for supervision of facilities pertaining to housekeeping, parking, security, horticulture, electrical & mechanical with focus on aesthetics & defined service standards.
• Maintained healthy relations & enhancement of company's image with all Mall occupants, investors, agencies, business associates, press, etc.
• Achieved the mall budgets w.r.t occupancy, rentals & collections, revenues from parking/BTL/signage's & footfall targets within the first three months of the launch.
Ansal Plaza at Ludhiana was the second mall by Ansal's API after Khelgaon. It was the first mall of Punjab and a huge success. Located in the heart of the city at Ferozepur road, the mall had Pyramid Mega Store as an anchor with Jammin as a play zone. It had a mix of 58 national and local brands with a well defined food court.
Launched the mall in June'05 and successfully managed same for a period of two years.
Business Manager based at Jallandhar
Ebony Retail Holdings Ltd
March 2004 - April 2005
• Headed operations of a profit center engaged in the business of retailing of life style products , households and apparels
• Ensured the right in store atmosphere for shoppers by maintaining the best of E&M, housekeeping, security and human interface.
• Maintained proper product mix, product line and depth adept to the profile of targeted customers &communicating same via effective advertising & marketing media.
• Spearheaded team of 72 employees as a leader, motivator and a trainer.
• Interacted with significant vendors and clients to ascertain of quality products and services aimed to conduct continuous improvisations
• Brought the retail unit of Ebony into profits in 6 months of operations by increasing sales, better merchandising, enhancing the store image, effective cost control measures
Retail Division as Regional Manager-North
March 1997 - February 2004
• Setting up of showrooms in strict adherence to company policies and guidelines within specified time limits.
• Responsible for aesthetics & services along with the top line sales target of all showrooms by ensuring continuous updating of SKU's with key clients / architects / builders & ensuring their visits & satisfaction with the product & services in the showrooms.
• Monitoring the competition, merchandising, expansion of SKU infrastructure, branding & visual merchandising in all stores as per customers taste and demands.
• Instrumental in formulating and implementing innovative sales promotional schemes for all showrooms, franchise and sales staff aimed at increasing both top and bottom line revenues.
• Identification of location & space, negotiating terms and finalization of deal for setting up of exclusive company owned Somany Tiles Arcades.
Headed business development activities from setting up to sales, of exclusive company showrooms "Somany Tile Arcade" and "Planet Somany" for the region of Delhi, U.P. Uttrakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himanchal, J & K and Nepal with a reporting of Area Managers , Showroom Managers and Customer Sales Executives.
Entrusted with seven promotions in seven years with SPL, wherein bagged six annual awards for the best performance, initiatives and business development.
Joined in 1997 as a Management Trainee and departed in 2004 as Regional Manager-North.
Qualifications & Certifications
Indian Institute of Planning & Management
Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering