- Full time
- Part time
- One time
I HAVE OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE PROGRAMMING IN COBOL IN TRANSPORTATION, INSURANCE AND BANK
Senior Application Developer, Wholesale Brokerage Department
CANADIAN IMPERIAL BANK OF COMMERCE
November 2008 - July 2013
The mainframe batch applications employ extensive two way interfaces to internal and external applications. Responsibilities included maintenance, enhancement and production support.
• Team lead responsible for enhancements and implementation of a business application using COBOL for government financial reporting system (e.g. T3 Statement of Trust Income Allocation and Designation, T5 Statement of Investment income). Included custom inquiries as requested by Canada Revenue Agency.
• Reengineered batch reporting analysis, modification and implementation of reports critical and on-request which resulted in a cost saving of 70k a year and implemented successfully.
• Developed code, modified, tested and implemented more than 40 job streams to deploy a major change to print client trade order confirmations for more than 25 lines of business.
• Orientation and mentoring trainees into the wholesale brokerage team.
• Responsible for on-call production support 24*7 for applications in the wholesale brokerage department.
Systems Analyst / Senior Programmer Analyst (contract)
TORONTO TRANSIT COMMISSION
October 1998 - July 2008
Senior Programmer Analyst (contract)
August 1997 - September 1998
• Developed modifications to life insurance policy management which administers Universal and Variable products.
• Maintained and enhanced a life insurance application for policy holders who reached age 100.
• Modified programs for cost allocation for multiple fund types.
Senior Systems Analyst
TORONTO TRANSIT COMMISSION
June 1991 - July 1997
Implemented an Accounts Payable package Duration: 2 year
• Team Leader for a 2 year duration leading a 10-person project to replace an Accounts Payable system with a CA-Accounts Payable package.
• Designed and implemented significant customizations to the software package.
• Created test cases and assisted with user-acceptance testing and worked closely with developers to implement high-quality software.
• Planned, organized, coordinated and reported progress to management.
• Efficiently managed all IT and user resources.
Payroll and Billing System
• Converted nation-wide Payroll from printed cheques to direct deposit.
• Programmed enhancements to finished goods shipping application (order entry, bill-of-lading, invoice preparation) using NATURAL/ADABAS with interfaces to an IDMS based Account Receivable system.
Data Warehouse Team Leader
Duration: 1 year - 2 persons
Development of a reporting data mart for the public transit vehicle maintenance system:
• Analysed, designed and created an Oracle relational database from an IDMS network database.
• Identified data to be extracted from the source systems for the target data mart. Defined table structures for the data mart.
• Identified reporting requirements. Developed Crystal Reports based on requirements.
• Developed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) programs and stored procedures.
• Implemented run-time performance improvements.
Project to add a new maintenance garage location
Duration: 4 months - 1 person
• Performed the analysis and designed changes to implement modifications to existing programs to incorporate an additional maintenance garage location.
• Proposed, developed and executed an exhaustive test plan to ensure that vehicle maintenance processing would support the new garage on the first day in operation.
• Modified existing Crystal Reports to include the new garage.
Project to reconcile vendor data Duration: 6 months - 2 persons
• Analysed, designed and implemented programs to reconcile vendor data after two applications (each with their own vendor files) were merged (IDMS, COBOL)
Production Support and Maintenance Duration: 7 years
• Responsible for implementing mandatory enhancements (e.g. GST, Accounts Payable Reconciliation) to Production.
• Enhanced print programs for remote printing to utilize multiple character sets and fonts.
• Provided Production Support 24/7, rotation of 6 weeks
Mobile: (416) 786-1837
Y2K Project Duration: 1 year
• As a full-time member of the Y2K team, led the analysis, design and modification of a suite of programs.
• Created and executed test plans.
Qualifications & Certifications
Project Management Skills for Success
Learning Tree International
George Brown College
Computer Programming and Analysis
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more