Five years experience as embedded software engineer. Experience in embedded development, hardware troubleshooting, debugging, testing, multitasking real-time systems, device drivers, communication protocols, embedded cross-platform toolchain environment, on-chip ROM/bootloader development using C, C++, MATLAB. Experienced with MSP430, ARM9, and Blackfin micro-processors.
Embedded Software Engineer
Amplex-emirates LLC, UAE- Abu Dhabi
From January 2011
AmpAMR - A cost-efficient turnkey remote metering solution
• Added, modified functions on protocols (MBUS, COSEM/HDLC, Modbus, Euridis) of electricity and water meters.
• Designed and implemented multi-master power line network (PLC) protocol.
• Modifying and Adding functionalities on multi agents system for embedded Linux system like (packaging, TCP/IP, GPRS, SSH, system-watchdog, XML, ALARM…etc) using C/C++, shell script.
• Debugged hardware using oscilloscope and logic analyzer, Performed unit testing.
• Collaborated with engineering team 6 and team leader to solve problems.
AmpLight – Street light control
• Successfully designed, developed, and deployed software for embedded system (MSP430 microprocessor) to control industrial energy saving equipment (street lighting dimmer-stabilizer).
• Implemented reliable embedded software to communicate with leakage transformer, three-phase current transformers, controllable relays, analog photocells.
• Used C, C++, IAR, Vim, Source Insight, cross-platform toolchain, Shell script and Linux.
KETAB Technologies, Amman-Jordan,
November 2009 - January 2011
• Researched, designed, implemented complex image processing algorithm requiring c programming for Blackfin DSP processor.
• Designed and implemented image sensor driver for Blackfin DSP processor by TWI, PPI interfaces with DMA.
• Optimized algorithm, floating point, image acquisition and data flow, performed statistical and linear profiling.
• Debugged Hardware and software using logic analyzers, and simulators.
• Used C, C++, OpenCV, Matlab, Vim, Subversion, VisualDSP++, USBee and windows 7.
C, C++ developer
January 2008 - November 2009
• Designed and implemented external resource for the graphical user interface.
• Designed and implemented client/server network layer.
• Designed and implemented financial chart control.
• Designed and implemented features of client terminal tool.
• Used C, C++, MFC, Winsock, SQLite, Visual Studio.net, and window XP.
Qualifications & Certifications
BS, Computer Engineering
Jordan University of Science and Technology.