Working in and international school that follows the SABIS teaching method gave me a great chance to teach English language (Grammar, Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening) to weaker learners grades 4-7. During these two years I had a good experience in organizing learning resources and classroom environment, and identifying children's individual and collective learning needs.
It was my responsibility to plan, prepare and deliver weekly lesson plans that cater for the full ability range within the class and apply SABIS Educational Point System, which insures the understanding of the lesson objectives.
English Language Teacher
International School of Choueifat - Damascus
August 2010 - August 2010
- Teaching English language to weak learners (9-12 years old).
- Organizing learning resources and classroom environment at elementary school to facilitate a positive and active learning experience.
- Identifying children's individual and collective learning needs, and working to help each child develop his or her academic potential.
- Planning, preparing, and delivering instructional activities that cater for the full ability range within the class.
- Applying SABIS Point System, which insures the understanding of the lesson objectives and alternates frequently between individual work and group work.
- Attending professional development sessions to improve teaching methods.
different tourism offices and companies
July 2007 - July 2007
- Guided tourist groups to historical and cultural sites in English, French and Arabic.
-Organized one-day trips to various sites.
Visual Art Teacher
ICARDA International School
August 2007 - June 2010
- Taught Visual Art to grades 1-5 based on the "Primary Years Program" Scope & Sequence”
- Edited the school's Visual Art's Scope and Sequence
- Attended professional development sessions (PYP and Mini-NESA) to improve teaching skills.
Interpreter & Experts’ Assistant
Kalash Printing Co.
July 2003 - August 2005
- Interpreted English and Spanish to Arabic and vice versa.
- Translated different machine manuals from English to Arabic.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Aleppo - Education
Bachelor of Arts
University of Aleppo - Arts and Humanities