I am a manufacturing industry professional with over 29 years’ experience in design and manufacture of quality products ranging from military equipment to home appliances with certified managerial competency in quality and organizational excellence, currently working with Universal Group for Home Appliances, Egypt, for last two years, as Factory Director.
I have previously worked with Atlantic Group engaged in the business of heating systems (Electric water heater branch) for 6 years, Group Pyramid & Schneider Electric engaged in electric panel manufacturing for around 12 years, and initially associated with Arab British Dynamic for Military Weapon as R&D Engineer engaged in design and modification of missile systems.
Universal Group for Home Appliances
From May 2011
A national company specialized in manufacturing home appliances with more than 7,000 employees in 6 factories. The water heater factory manufactures gas and electrical water heaters of 30 different types and models with a turnover of 600 million EGP employing 500 people in two shifts / one line.
(From May 2011 to Date)
• Directing and coordinating the daily operations of the manufacturing plant in alignment with overall business strategies including plant efficiency strategies to ensure the attainment of production targets and quality at minimal manufacturing costs.
• Responsible for overall operations e.g. Production, Maintenance, Process, Engineering Design, Product development, Supply chain and QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety & Environment).
• Establish and monitor overall plant performance to meet the plant goals.
• Recommend and manage staffing, equipment, tooling, and processes to support business objectives.
• Formulate operational budgets, control spending and enforce all policies and regulations.
• Apply latest manufacturing concepts like Lean Manufacturing, Balancing production lines, 5S, TPM, KAIZEN etc.
• Established machine process and assembly method teams to stabilize the manufacturing process.
• Implemented Lean manufacturing to reduce the Gas Water Heater "GWH" assembly line manpower by 45% with increase in productivity by 16.7% and for the Electrical Water Heater "EWH" assembly line reduced manpower by 35% with increase in productivity by 23.8%.
• Reduced the EWH industrial cost by 15.4%.
• Saved 21.6% in factory space by redesigning machines layout with 22.3% efficiency increase.
• Reduced change model cycle by 57.2% for press area, 35.1% for welding area and 32.4% for external shell area.
• Introduced 5S and visualization information boards for each department on site.
• Implemented Balance score card KPIs for the Company and cascaded it to the departmental KPIs.
Group Atlantic Egypt for...
April 2009 - April 2011
• Directed and controlled all operations of production, maintenance, process and resources supply.
• Set efficiency and performance parameters for all operations and monitored/controlled the same.
• Established and assured quality and customer satisfaction through efficient process and intensive quality controls.
• Optimized manpower utilization within existing departments and processes.
• Managed spending against budget, controlled spending in relation to changes in production volume.
• Maintained and upgraded individual skills with latest production and production management concepts.
• Ensured that all production documentation is maintained accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Collaborated with the technical Department to develop an integrated and comprehensive induction program.
• Established scheduled routine inspection and maintenance of plant equipment to minimise machine downtime.
• Duplicated the production line in 2 months to get 3200 EWH instead of 1600 EWH.
• Applied Lean Manufacturing theories to reduce the EWH assembly line manpower by 15% with increase in productivity by 10.1%.
• Reduced change model cycle by 22.7% for press area, 23.4% for welding area and 17.9% for external shell area.
• Implemented Signal Kanban Method "free planning" between presses and welding areas.
• Introduced A3 and visualization information boards for each department on site.
• Reduced the Work-related injury by 5%.
May 2005 - March 2009
• Production planning, scheduling, resources supplies, process planning, quality control and performance management. Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
• Monitored the production processes and adjusted schedules as needed.
• Worked with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
• Ensured that health and safety guidelines are followed and the workforce is trained and updated on improved systems and processes.
• Reviewed the performance of subordinates and identified training needs.
• Implemented 5S on production line.
• Increased productivity to 100% for all models.
• Developed an IQ test model for operators / technicians to assess and improve the IQ level.
Group Pyramid Egypt for Electric Panels
A multinational company specialized in manufacturing all metal sheet panels with more than 2,000 employees in 5 factories in 2 countries. The Egyptian factory is manufacturing electrical panels of more than 120 different types and models with a turnover of 150 million EGP employing around 250 persons in two shifts.
October 2001 - April 2005
• Oversaw all R&D projects and provided technical support to production team and customers.
• Led design development of products and established manufacturing processes.
• Monitored and controlled all process operations and overall quality of products.
• Trained the process operators and sheet metal technicians on the techniques and methodologies of panel building.
• Assigned targets to line managers on volume and quality in alignment with order deliverable positions.
• Directed production plans, schedules and material planning to meet targets.
• Conducted productivity studies and devised action plans to improve the same.
• Managed quality management systems as per ISO 9001:2000.
• Increased productivity by 300% during the 1st two years with rejection rate down to 50 ppm.
• Transferred all R&D projects from the mother co. in France to the Egyptian co.
• Reduced the LTI by 15% during 3 years.
Schneider Electric Egypt for Electric Panels
A multinational company specialized in manufacturing all electrical and control panels with more than 6,000 employees in 20 factories in 12 countries. The Egyptian factory is manufacturing electrical/control panels for both low and medium voltage with more than 600 different types and models and a turnover of 200 million EGP employing 350 persons in two shifts.
(From Feb 1993 to Sep 2001)
Workshop Production Manager
May 1997 - September 2001
• Oversaw workshop operations in manufacture of Low and medium voltage sheet metal panels and the functions of Industrial/Method department.
• Organized and controlled manpower and material inputs as per manufacturing schedules.
• Designed jigs, fixtures and all special adaptations panels added to the standard electric boards.
• Monitored product standards and implemented quality-control procedures.
• Ensured that health and safety guidelines are followed.
• Monitored the team performance and identified the need for trainings.
• Designed more than 300 electric adaptation panels, 20 of them for Alex. Bibalex.
• Increasing productivity by 10% each year.
R&D and Method Section Head Engineer
February 1993 - April 1997
• Designed new electric boards according to customer needs.
• Calculated the cost of the design to help the production feasibility decision.
• Got all the design outputs reviewed by the R&D department to make sure from the quality of the product (design tolerances, tool availability and military specifications) is upto standards.
• Designed the required jigs to facilitate the reception inspection and to increase the assembly productivity.
• Conducted Studies on the production movement of the new products.
• Internal auditor for all the departments in the company.
• Ensured that health and safety guidelines are followed in the designs.
• Ensured that the product designs are meeting ISO9001-2000 standards.
• Designed more than 20 electric main medium voltage panels.
• Transferred the medium voltage design projects from the mother co. in France to the Egyptian co.
• Improved the CNC punching machine program feeding from Tap system to network system.
R&D Senior Engineer
Arab British Dynamic for Military Weapon
July 1984 - January 1993
• Designed and modified more than 5 military anti-tanks missiles.
• Designed and modified more than 20 other military equipment.
Qualifications & Certifications
American Supplier Institute
University of Wolver Hampton
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more