I have extensive professional knowledge and more than 10 years’ experience in overall Human Resource Generalist function, with embedded knowledge of HR Regulatory framework and HR Information Systems.
I have more than 4 years management experience and currently performing an overall generalist role, with key responsibilities including: establishing and maintaining HR Department service levels to internal customers; developing and implementing HR policies; Performance Management; Talent sourcing; recruitment & selection; Organisational Development (OD), etc.
I have gained experience in various sectors such as Private and semi government Sector. I lead and chair Human Resources programmes, such as Employment Equity Committee and Skills Development Committee, Job evaluation and remuneration committee, Provident Fund committee, Employee wellness committee and Performance Management programme.
From August 2013
Direct Reports 7 subordinates
Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for ensuring that the HR and Administration functions actively contribute to the achievement of the business objectives of the organisation by fulfilling its role as a true partner to the business, both strategically and operationally
• Originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
• Coordinate implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; report to the CEO and serve on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Company / Organisation Tourism KwaZulu -Natal
HR and Administration Manager
May 2010 - July 2013
Operational Level Senior Management level
Direct Reports 5 subordinates
Strategic HR Alignment (Business Partner)
* Assists Executive Management by proactively contributing to the development of solutions to people-related business issues in response to business strategy and operational needs
* Advises on the introduction of new HR/People initiatives in support of business strategy and operational needs
* Responsible for the coordination and implementation of HR/People initiatives
Talent Sourcing, Learning & Development (Talent Developer)
* Identifies the critical "talent" needs of the business and sets in motion initiatives that will ensure that these are met
* Develops a business case for each initiative and motivates their adoption and implementation
* Talent management initiatives include:
- Talent supply/demand forecasting
- Talent sourcing, recruitment, induction & placement
- Identification of employee aspirations, potential and "talent" needs of the business, including BEE objectives
- Training, coaching, mentoring of leadership, management
- Succession planning
Organisation Structure, Capability, Culture & Change
* Advises on and influences decisions regarding:
- Organization structure, function and role definition
- The establishment of horizontal linkages across Functional areas to facilitate greater integration
- Sourcing and deployment of leadership, management & staff in keeping with their aspirations, potential and the needs of the organization
- Employee relations and communication
- Leadership and management style
- The establishment and championing of norms & standards that promote the required behaviours and organizational culture
- Responsible for the effective implementation of transformation initiatives within Tourism KZN
Performance Management & Rewards (Performance Facilitator)
* Facilitates the improvement of organisational performance through the establishment and management of:
- A performance management...
HR Officer (Generalist)
March 2008 - April 2010
Recruitment and Selection: Advertising vacancies- Scheduling and attending interviews,- Assisting and supporting Line Management in the compilation of interview guides and deciding on interview methodology- Conducting reference checks on shortlisted candidates,- Liaison with Recruitment providers, assessment centres,-Headcount reporting and monitoring- Letters of offer & contracts of employment,- Management training in recruitment,-Sourcing appropriate candidates,- Continuously exploring new candidate sources, aimed at ensuring a future talent pipeline, whilst minimizing talent acquisition costs- Ensure alignment between the Talent Acquisition process and strategy with Employment Equity plan.-Perform any required pre-employment checks. Regularly review recruitment process to identify areas for improvement-Work with departments to understand and get updated on their manpower plan to provide on time support. - Control the headcount and manpower changes- Issue of Organisation Announcements-
Follow up on completion of probation period - Ensure that all Line Managers are trained on Targeted Selection interviewing model- Ensuring that a detailed job description is completed (or updated) prior to embarking on Talent Acquisition process, for relevant vacancies.
Employee relations: Union matters: Work with union representative to resolve labour relation issues e.g wage negotiations, improvements on working conditions, training & development of staff etc. Implement recognition agreement for the union interest group. Keep abreast of labour legislation in order to ensure compliance, minimise IR risk, anticipate changes and manage the impact on the organization. Ensure alignment of the Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures to labour legislation. Provide advice to management on Remitters and ensure fair application of disciplinary and grievance procedures. Arrange disciplinary hearing. Advise all parties in procedural fairness, Prepare Chairperson. Attend...
Human Resources Officer
Ushaka Marine World
January 2007 - February 2008
Reason for leaving Better prospects
• Assist in identifying and recommending areas of improvement pertaining to the HR information system and filing system
• Ensure accurate and timeous capturing of - inter alia the following documentation on HR information system: Change in status forms, Starter packs, IR Documentation,
Termination Forms, Leave forms
• Ensure that all personnel files and the filing cabinet are constantly maintained and updated
• Ensure that UIF cards have been applied for all employees who are below the threshold
• Ensure Workman's Compensation/IOD is correctly completed and submitted.
• Administration of Medical Aid, Provident Fund and all other employee benefits.
• Type vacancy advices for positions within Ushaka Marine World
• Identify areas for improvement and report any irregularities to the HR Manager
• Monitoring employee performance through an effective appraisal system.
• Maintaining a high standard of Confidentiality.
• Communicating and developing a good working relationship with all employees.
• Preparing Contracts and Letters of Appointments.
• Assisting with compilation of Job Descriptions.
• Ensure correct administration of all manpower requisitions, starter packs and regret letters
• Ensure timeous advertisements, internal and external of all vacant positions
• Conduct ongoing investigations and implement efficient ways of improving the recruitment process.
• Conduct interviews in a professional manner
• Update Line Management as to changes and amendments in labour legislation
• Act in an advisory capacity in regards to disciplinary policies and procedures
• Advise the parties within the disciplinary as to accurate disciplinary processes
• Compilation of CCMA bundles
• Advising Management on staff issues and discussing HR activities and plans.
• Advising management on IR issues Assistance with Counselling and Corrective Action of employees.
• The creation,...
Human Resources Officer/ Admin
Msinsi Holdings (Pty) Ltd
July 2005 - December 2006
Reason for leaving contract position
Human Resources generalist
1. General matters / Administration
2. Industrial Relations
3. Training and development
4. Recruitment & Selection
5. Grading and remuneration
6. Employee Wellness
1. General matters / administration
➢ Payroll administration: Collect and control all payroll input in line with the Payroll procedure, Handle all payroll queries from employees as they arise
➢ Provident Fund and medical aid administration: Administer employee benefits and attend to employee queries e.g new entrants, withdrawals, disability, funeral and death claims.
➢ Monthly leave control on VIP
➢ Preparing HR reports
➢ Advising staff on all matters relating to their conditions of employment.
➢ Administering any agreed staff appraisal system
➢ Ensure that all correspondence is processed timeously and accurately
➢ Provide welfare service to employees: Communicate with employees on issues affecting them on regular basis and report to management.
➢ I have attended courses in personal development, (e.g. computer courses, Leave Administration VIP system, Behavioural Interviewing, Top grading, Industrial Relation)
➢ I have knowledge of BCEA, LRA, OHS Act, EEA & SDA
2. Industrial Relations:
➢ Provide and arrange training for Supervisors and managers on Industrial relations policies and procedures.
➢ Liasing with Trade Union representatives on Industrial Relations matters
➢ Chairing and observing in disciplinary hearings
➢ Representing the company in CCMA (conciliation and arbitration)
3. Training and Development:
➢ Establishing training and development needs of staff by liasing with supervisors and Skills development committee
➢ Register Learners for Learnerships and Skills Programs
➢ Coordinate planned skills development interventions in the organisation (training requests, ABET etc.)
➢ Source and evaluate training proposals from external providers
➢ Conduct skills development administration in the...
July 2004 - June 2005
Reason for Leaving Contract Position
➢ Recruitment and Selection: Short listing, conducting interviews, Drafting of contracts etc.
➢ Personnel admin: Scheduling meetings and workshops, Filing, Data Capturing, Organising learners' P.O.E, Managing database etc
➢ General correspondence and Liasing with relevant stakeholders
➢ General queries and attending Learners queries
➢ General Administration: attendance register, leave and monthly reports
➢ Switchboard (Reliever)
National HR Manager
Coordinate implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; report to the CEO and serve on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues
Originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Qualifications & Certifications
Human Resource Management
University of South Africa (UNISA)
Umlazi Comprehensive Technical High School