A Healthy Scientific Community development graduate, with 10 years experience as a development Health practitioner in Social Economic Security, Food Security and Nutrition, Child Protection and Family Strengthening especially in Health interventions in SRH and HIV/AIDS, within a fast changing and complex development context of hard to reach areas in Buvuma Islands, Buikwe and Mukono districts. Madinah has vast knowledge and experience in right based programming, has a passion for empowering communities using child centered approaches, is dependable, hardworking and innovative, a team player and quality achiever. I have held 2 positions in the last 10 years and steadily growing professionally through management of two five year CSF (Civil Society Funded projects) and the Score USAID funded project in Buvuma and Mukono Districts. Am enlisted on the National and regional HIV Trainers-(THE AIDS SUPPORT ORGANIZATION-TASO) in Uganda.
Madinah is a trained Health Facilitator enlisted on the National TASO training list. I have skills in training in the Stay Alive program, www.stayalive.org, Life skills, Parenting and health related topics trained by USAID SCORE project and uG Govt.
Uganda Finance Trust Bank Limited
Developed a Sexual reproductive Training curriculum for Young people under the Young Start project and conducted a TOT for the trainees'.
July 2011 - October 2011
-Taso-TASO/GF 7136 July-October 2011
Developed proposal and awarded funding for scaling up Prevention , Care , Treatment and Health systems strengthening through CSOs' under Global Fund Round 7 Phase 1-HIV of 27,530,005/=
Awarded a five year USAID Project for vulnerable children and households targeting 220 households in Social Economic security, Food Security and Nutrition, Child Protection and Family Planning Core program areas.
Curriculum development Reach The Children, Inc-www.reachthechildren.org, www, stayalive.org, www.unitedfamilies.org Participated in development and culturalization of the Life Skill education program code named Stay Alive.
Grow, learn and Give Program
Initiated and later worked together with GLG founders to promote Gender based opportunities to disadvantaged young girls and maturation program with provision of re-washable sanitary towel and hygiene educational program.
From April 2011
27th April 2011-CSF-regional experience sharing work-shop "Effective strategies in maintaining data quality for OVC programming" -at Rider Hotel, Mukono
Wakiso District-Namayumba Health Centre IV
Developed proposal, awarded funding of 199,696,800/= for supporting Orphan and Vulnerable households in Nagojje Sub-county supporting 500 households in incomes, education, food security and nutrition and psychosocial support efforts. Funding extended for another year amounting to 149,750,000/=
Training of Trainers Stay Alive Community
From November 2009
-Reach The Children, Uganda: Training of Trainers Stay Alive Community resource persons and Centre Co-ordicnating Tutors
Presentations in Life skill education to Young People, Parent-Child communication and HIV/AIDS and Parenting at Colline Hotel- Mukono
June 2010: Psychosocial Support Training of Trainers work-shop. "Children's needs rights and responsibilities." at Crane Paradise Hotel, Mukono
Awarded funding for 3 schools participation in maturation program - 5,014,000/=
Uganda AIDS commission CSF- RFA# 001 - 2008-2012 (CSF/011/2008) www.csf.org.ug
Developed proposal and awarded funding for a 4 year HIV/AIDS prevention Behavioral Communication Change program in Mukono, Buikwe and Buvuma districts in 175 schools -
Amounts funded - 794,720,488/=
Developed proposal and awarded funding for a 1 year HIV/AIDS prevention Behavioral Communication Change program in Kaberamaido districts in 14 schools -Amounts funded - 13,095,000/=
HIV/AIDS prevention projects achieved as Program Manager of both projects in Mukono
and 71% Implementation in the HIV/AIDS prevention projects achieved as Program Manager of both projects in Mukono district.
Contribution to community issues Monitor Newspaper, 2004 Dr. Tamale's "Lower consent age" wrote---- Responded with article "It would be madness to lower consent age!"
New-Vision Paper dated 23rd November 2004
Open HIV Clinics for Top officials-Kintu Musoke tells Government wrote -
Responded through " Kintu Musoke is wrong" - New-Vision paper-November 2005
F: KEY QUALITIES
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to handle various tasks simultaneously
• Self driven and beat deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and Advanced English skills.
• Honest with a pleasant personality.
Presentations in the Training of Trainers-Head-Teacher Work-shops in Life
Topic - "Life
From June 2008
skills to young people and One on One with the Teachers."
Presentations in the Training of Trainers-Head-Teacher Work-shops in Life skill trainings in Mukono district at Nkokonjeru, Ngogwe, Nabbale, Nagojje, Kawolo, Ntenjeru, Nairambi and Kyampisi Teacher centre co-ordinating centres.
Jan: 2009: Life skill education Training of Trainers work-shop -Teachers, District Officials
Presentations in Life skill education to Young People, Parent-Child communication and HIV/AIDS and Parenting in Kaberamaido district -Parish Hall.
Developed proposal and awarded funding of 5,300,000/= for implementation of Life skill education program in 7 schools in Makindye-Lukuli Kampala district.
Program Manager-Stay Alive , Trainer
From June 2004
- Participate in planning and budget processes, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of responsive thematic areas in the Stay Alive program
- Co-ordinate work-plans and project implementation
- Direct supervise the work of the program Team
- Participate in national and international for a in the sharing of lessons learnt through the organization's programmatic activities.
- Proposal writing and Fund-raising
- Oversee refinement of standards and updating organizational polices.
- Play an integral role in risk evaluation and management
- Co-ordinate works with indigenous NGOs' and CBOs' to accomplish organizational goals.
- Document/ Report for inter and intra organizational learning in line with Reach The Children report lines.
IMMEDIATE SUPEVISOR: - Gaye Brown, International Director of Implementation for Africa, Stay Alive: HIV/AIDS Prevention program,
Telephone: 1-585-223-3344, Web-site firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com/ www.stayalive.org, www.growlearngove.org.
Store/ Purchasing Manager/ Logistics Assistant/ Management Trainee
Kyagalanyi Coffee Limited
From June 2004
- Responsible for locating and purchasing items needed by various departments and replenishment of stocks
- Maintain and update all stores registers/- Implement Safety and Fire regulation.
- Relaying market information to suppliers and staff at the branches
- Identify and developing long term reliable coffee supplier relationships
- Manage and graph market variable, develop and summarize all industry developments
- Liaising with quality department to reconcile purchase expected yields with final grading yields of the branches. IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: -Mr. Angello Mukasa, Logistics Manager Tel: 077-700709
Child day Plus
From November 2004
Uganda AIDS Commission
Senior Cashier/ Administrative Officer
From March 1997
- Responsible for collecting cash from smart cards and fax sales
- Responsible for making inventories , book-keeping and balancing books
- Responsible for Bank documents and activities
- Responsible for all aspects of running the communication centre
- Draft routine correspondence on own initiative
- Supervise proper maintenance and handling of payphones IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: -Mr. Paul Kisekka, Manager Payphone Division
Banking Assistant, Bank Administrative Manager to Foreign exchange Till Manager
Greenland Bank Limited
January 1994 - December 1996
- Responsible for selling shares, issuing certificates as well as keeping proper record of these in computer
- Responsible for receiving customers and educating them about the shares that were being sold
- Ensure smooth running of the office and also co-ordinate the verification of deposits and the number of the shares bought
- Handling cheques and other bills of exchange
- Managing the cash reserve book /- Recording and balancing the till - Telegraphic transfers/ - Liaising with Bank of Uganda and relying prices to Greenland Bank
- Detecting and preventing fraud in foreign exchange business
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: - Mr. A.M Kambugu -Senior Consultant: Tel: 075-2-931238
Science Teacher, Girls Domino Tory Matron
Ngogwe Baskerville Secondary School
From January 1992
- Handling children
- Taught Biology , physics and chemistry
- Conducted Practical Biology lessons
- Girls welfare, social behavior and morals
- Hygiene and sexuality education /- Helping children develop own talents
- Enhance traditional culture knowledge through plays, poems and drama
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: - Mr. Amon Mukiibi-Head-master Ngogwe Baskerville secondary school
E: KEY ACHIEVEMNETS
THEME PERIOD/ FUNDER ACHIEVEMENTS
Uganda Global Fund- 2005
Developed proposal and awarded funding of 80,095,000/= Ug. Shs for a one-year HIV/AIDS prevention project in Wakiso, Luwero and Mukono districts.
Qualifications & Certifications
Makerere University Kampala
Kibuli Senior Secondary School
Mt. St. Mary's College Namagunga
Bio-chemistry and Zoology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more