I am a BSc. Graduate.I am a retired person. My Age is 63 years. I have put up more than 30 years service with Hindalco Aluminium Industries Belgaum. My designation was Deputy manager process, product development,and analytical development. Proficient in all MS OFFICE tools, Lotus Notes and Laboratory Information Management Systems. Knowledge of ISO & WCM. With warm regards.
Deputy Manager - Process and Product Development
January 1975 - January 2008
A deputy manager for process, product development and Quality Assurance with a wide range of experience in the Research and development areas. Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. Proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives. First-class analytical, design and problem solving skills. Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards.
Professional Experience (Total: >30 years)
1975 to 2008 : With Hindalco Industries Limited (erstwhile INDAL), Belgaum Works. Karnataka.
Current Designation: Deputy Manager – Process and Product Development
Department : Belgaum Research And Development Centre - BRDC
1) Bayer Process
• Carry out bauxite process ability studies.
• Improvements in Bayer unit operations like predesilication ,digestion mud settling and precipitation etc.
• Developing new processes for specific purposes.
• Improving the operational efficiencies of Oxalate removal, Mud separation and precipitation circuits.
• Reduce the plant flow cut, due to unprecedented mud settling problem by thorough investigation of Synfloc preparation and handling.
• Studies were conducted to develop an empirical relation correlating precipitation parameters to hydrate granulometry (Fines control).
• Evaluating the fresh receipts of Bayer additives like, Synthetic flocculants, Defoamer,de-watering aid and CGM samples.
• Achieve quality goals set for each type of analysis in process and product development area.
• Specialized in conducting experiments under controlled conditions, with 85 - 95 % repeatability and reproducibility of the results, in the areas like precipitation, impurity removal and mud settling.
Special Aluminas and Hydrates
• New product development in Alumina & Alumina Tri hydrates at Lab and Pilot scale.
• • New Application for existing products.
• Bagged Outstanding Achievement award for Bauxite Processability and precipitation study pertaining
• International projects (Alcan international Ltd.) were completed to see the effect of four major variables in hydrate precipitation at high caustic
levels. Work was well appreciated
• Estimation of Organic carbon pick-up and Oxalate conversion during bauxite digestion for Qeensland Alumina and Aljam plants were also well Appreciated
Qualifications & Certifications
RL College of Science
G. A. High School. Belgaum
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more