Railway Signalling Engineer
33+ years of experience of Railway signal Engineering- Design,maintenance, testing of Indian Railway Signalling Design practice , UK Practice, Metro Signalling Practice.
Senior Manager (Signal & Trail Control)
L&T Metro Rail
June 2011 - June 2014
• Responsible for Design Checking & Verification of Signalling Plansof 3 Corridors with 6 Zone Controlsand 18 Interlocked Stations including remotely controlled Stations and 3 depots, Control tables, cable core plans, all other interface scheme plans etc.
• Responsible for Installation, Testing &Commissioning.
• Responsible for development of working documents of safety related documents, Station working Rules, System & Sub-systems Maintenance Manuals.
• Assisting & verifying various Management Plans for the project.
• Study & implementation of SelTrac (CBTC Technology) of Thales Product to Hyderabad Metro in 3 corridors & 2 test tracks at Uppal depot and Miyapur depot.
• Developed Signal & Telecom cable route plan and Signalling Scheme Plans of Uppal & Miyapur Depot yards.
• Assisted in S&TC (CBTC Technology) tender technical evaluation processing.
• Monitoring and controlling of documents of Conceptual Designs, Preliminary Designs and Final Design Documents and its correspondence with M/s Thales Canada Transportation (CBTC Technology), Independent Safety Accessor (Halcrow) and Independent Engineers (Louis Berger Consulting Pvt Ltd).
• Developed typical layouts of Station Signal Equipment Room (SER), Station Control Room (SCR), and Uppal & Miyapur Depot Control Room (DCC).
Senior Signal Engineer
ANSALDO STS TRANSPORTATION PVT LTD
October 2009 - June 2011
• Principle designing and checking of all outdoor designs of KfW project "Modernisation of Ghaziabad-Kanpur signaling with Microlock SSI with Cetralised Traffic Control from Tundla" consists of 47 stations including 9 major yards and 46 Automatic Block Sections with AFTC track circuits.
• 15 stations including 3 major yards and 12 auto block SIPs were designed and checked.
• 11 Control tables of Phaphund, Barhan, Mitawali, Mandrak, Daudkhan, Bharthana, Samhon, Pata, Achalda, Ekdil & Sasni stations designed and verified.
• Cable route plan of 7 auto block sections designed and checked.
• Track bonding and earthing plan of 8 auto block sections with AFTC were designed and checked.
• 6 stations (Hathras East cabin, Hathras West cabin, Sasni East cabin, Mandrak East cabin, Pata East cabin, Daudkhan East cabin, Aligarh East Cabin) of existing SIPs & Wiring designs were designed for phase work implementation of Automatic block working.
• Technical guiding to application logic designers for Indian Railway Relay Interlocking standard practice stipulated in RDSO S.36 specification and Indian Railway Signalling Engineering Manual.
INFOTECH ENTERPRISES LTD
March 2008 - December 2008
• Technical advice to the functional managers.
• Multi-disciplinary training for sales and market managers.
July 2007 - March 2008
• UK Signalling - Main Line Signalling designs
• Production of 2 nos of dis-box designs of Hillmorton interlocking of Rugby SCC.
• Updating & production of 2 dis-boxes of Hook & Farnborough interlocking of Basingstoke SCC.
• Updating of 4 nos of dis-boxes designs as per comments.
• Production of one 2 case location design of Rugby Station Down (RUGSTNDN) of Rugby SCC.
INFOTECH ENTERPRISES LTD
March 2006 - July 2007
• London Under Ground Metro Signalling and Main line signalling designing - Working for Westinghouse UK.
Achievements: BCV & SSL Projects
• CharleywoodSignalling plan, DTG-R Scale plan, Signal Equipment Room Plan.
• DTG-R Data Preparation for STF scheme of SWI-CHI-BATH model stations(Test Bench).
• Calculation and inclusion of APR Transponders in the DTG-R scale plan of PIM,
STO and VAO stations.
Senior Signal & Telecommunication Engineer
October 2003 - March 2006
• 2nd level checking of all signaling designs.
• Delivering multi-disciplinary engineering works from preliminary to final stage design.
• Works programme and budget controlling.
• Man power planning, periodical training program for maintenance and design engineers.
• Monitoring of stores inventory and procurement of signaling items.
• Special temporary work in emergency due to down manner bridge collapsed had been done for two wayside SSI(Microlock) stations by single line working on double line section between Singarayakonda and Ulavapadu stations on Gudur-Vijayawada section(high density section) of South Central Railway in coordination with Union switch & Signal/ Bangalore, had been carried out.
• At 4 stations (Wirur, Makudi, Sirpur Town &Anatapur)-Replacement of over aged 60V working relays with 24V Q-style Relays with panel interlocking.
• Designed & checked the signaling plan, control table, circuit diagrams for the project of replacement of worn-out 80 lever frame with 60 knobs panel(PI) of Vijayawada 'G' Cabin.
Assistant Signal & Telecommunication Engineer
May 1997 - October 2003
• Incharge of design office of 28 design engineers of different grades.
• 1st level checking of all signaling designs.
• 18 panel interlocking designs checked including signaling plans & control tables.
• 85 Panel interlocking designs were modified due to petty works like interlocking of level crossing, additional lines, replacement of track circuits with axle counters etc.;
• 25 typical circuit templates developed for point control, signal control, siding control, Block circuit, route release circuit, timer circuit, point crank handle control circuit etc.
Instructor for Drawing Office Practice
Indian Railway Institute of Signal & Telecommunication
March 1997 - May 1997
• Toteach selection circuit, relay interlocking practice, track circuit practice, locking table practice and locking chart practice, Signalling plans preparation
June 1988 - March 1997
• Checking of correctness of Signalling plan, Control Table.
• Design of Cable Route /Distribution Plan, Track bonding plan, Equipment layout plan. Mechanical / Electro-mechanical signalling, Locking Table, Locking Diagram. Updating of all signalling designs documents.
• Detailed estimates for various works.
• Designed station working order diagrams based on Signalling plan, which is integral part of station working rules.
• Designed 5 New Panel Top plate.
• Designed locking chart for 70-lever frame of Ballempalli Goods Yard.
• Updating of designs as at site & advising (Correlation).
Head Draftsman (Planning)
March 1984 - June 1988
• Planning and preparation of schemes for inclusion of Annual works programme for signalling works including New panel Interlocking works and replacement of worn-out signalling gears, Safety works of Track circuiting entire yard, Operational improvement & Traffic facility proposals, Level crossing protection works.
S&T Workshop/ Indian Railways, Podanur, India
May 1981 - March 1984
• To develop the Jigs & Fixture for manufacturing of Signalling equipment mainly Q-Series Relay components, circuit controllers, Electrical detectors, Point Machine etc.,
C N Polytechnic
April 1980 - May 1981
• To teach Electrical engineering theory/Lab/Drawing practice subjects to 3 year Diploma course.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Hyderabad
PG Diploma in Telecommunication
Regional Engineering College
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
Regional Engineering College, Warangal
Intermediate (+2 ) course
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more