Master Of Biological Science
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Ph. D. student
2013: Antioxidant and anti-cancer activity of in vitro cultures of two medicinal plants from the Bulgarian Flora, Lamium album L. (white dead nettle) and Artemisia chamaemelifolia Vill. (mountain wormwood), № 23/2013, Bulgarian Science Fund, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Ph. D. student
Micropropagation of the critically endangered species for the territory of Bulgaria Artemisia chamaemelifolia Vill. (Asteraceae) - opportunity for ex situ conservation', № 22/2012, Bulgarian Science Fund, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
From June 2010
Bulgarian Science Fund, Ministry of Education and Science
2008: Increasing the capacity of young scientists in studying, conservation and sustainable use of the plant and fungal biodiversity of Bulgaria, BG051PO001/07/3.3-02/70/17.06.2008, Bulgarian Science Fund, Ministry of Education and Science, Sofia, Bulgaria.
Research assistant (biotechnologist)
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
October 2003 - August 2008
, Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research, Biotechnological Laboratory for Medicinal Plants, October 2003 - August 2008.
● Prepared nutrition medium, micro- and macro-salt solutions, ph adjustment.
● Worked with autoclave, deionized-water and distilled-water systems.
● Performed in vitro microrpopagation of bulbous plants, seeds and fresh explants of sandy-dunes plants.
● Performed lab-scale bioreactor cultivation of Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake).
● Prepared Master's thesis.
● Prepared tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
● Prepared, manipulated, and managed extensive databases.
● Provided assistance in the design of experiments.
● Prepared and published scientific papers, attended conferences.
Toxicology Laboratory, Institute of Neurobiology
November 2003 - August 2008
Performed extraction of Amaryllidaceae alkaloids from cultures of summer snowflake.
● Prepared samples for HPLC analysis (methanol extraction in ultrasonic bath, concentration, dissolution, evaporation with liquid nitrogen).
● Worked with deionized-water and distilled-water systems.
● Prepared tables, graphs and written reports summarizing research results.
● Provided assistance in the design of surveys.
" - NATO SfP Project "Bioproduction
Alternative approaches of bioproduction of alkaloids and active substances from Bulgarian rare and threatened medicinal plants" - NATO SfP Project "Bioproduction", SfP 974453, Biotechnological Laboratory for Medicinal Plants, Institute of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research, Toxicology Laboratory, Institute of Neurobiology, Bulgarian Academy of Science, NATO Science for Peace, 2001 - 2006.
Certificate in Advanced English
Bulgarian Academy of Scienses
October 2003 - July 2008
University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate
From June 1998
First Certificate in English
University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, License 966BG0020179
Qualifications & Certifications
Maths and Science High School, Kyustendil
vitro cultivation of some members of genus Artemisia
ПМГ Емануил Иванов Кюстендил
СУ "Климент Охридски" - гр. София
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more