courier company in Spartan
GLOBEFLIGHT WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SA (PTY) LTD
July 2012 - October 2012
Department Head - National Group Credit Manager book value
May 2008 - June 2012
Reporting to: FM - Steward Mashabela and C.O.O's
Reason for Leaving: Co. was re-structuring due to Company being sold - No job security was offered.
Probe Corporation used to be one of my key clients that I handled at Expeditors International. I was head hunted by Probe to create a centralized credit department and the aim was to implement policies, standard operating procedures and processes within the group. I was responsible for managing the group's AR nationwide for 5 x branches Kimberley, Bloemfontein, Rustenburg, Durban and Eastern Cape and 4 x Associated Companies namely CAMS, IMT, Fawick and Free start metals.
• I was instrumentally involved independently in writing up the credit policy and procedures with work instructions for the credit department and have passed the ISO accreditation audit which was my highlight in my career.
• I have introduced drive transformation and change in department that included new credit system Kredit Inform.
• Assessed credit risk of new and current customers within the group using a variety of tools and software which improved customer profitability and drive efficiencies in collections.
• I Manage all major FMCG accounts, Retailers and Manufacturers namely Massmart, Makro, Mikars, Midas, Imperial Group Holdings, Parts Inc., AutoZone's, Rhino Group, Mercedes, Anglo Gold, Sishen Iron Ore, Sandvik Mining & Construction, Anglo American, Vale, Impala Platinum mines, Gold One mines, Barloworld Equipment & handling both the UK and SA branches, Middleburg mining and Rio Tinto
• As senior management I played an integral part in decision making, authorizing and signing off on all credit applications, credit notes, refund request, journals and adjustments. Booking and signing off form E of all foreign payments received, preparations for all USD statements and invoices.
• Managed the performance of the credit department, set performance standards, KPI's, and communicated desired outcomes and managed assessments and...
Credit Analyst - Debtors - Accounts Receivable
August 2001 - April 2008
Shipping freight forwarding and clearing
Period: August 2001 - April 2008
Position Held: Credit Analyst - Debtors - Accounts Receivable
Reporting to: Michele Wynne-Griffith - Financial Director
Reason for leaving: I was head hunted by Probe Corporation with better remuneration
I was responsible for achieving maximum profitability & minimal bad debt whilst maintaining good relations with the company's clients as well as other departments and branches worldwide. Debt collections, including chain stores, Retail stores and FMCG >Pillsbury, Shoprite, Massmart, Edcon, Pick n' Pay, Clover, Tiger Brands, New Clicks, Foschini, Reliant Retail - I have maintained AR balances over 60 days below 5 % of the total book. Banking, payment allocations, Foreign to Foreign creditors accounts, follow ups on billings & payments and reconciliation's, dispatch of documents, controlling the messenger, COD & ECMS accounts monitoring, generating interests on overdue, maintain credit limits no more than 5% of the account to exceed their limits by 15%, processing credit checks, requesting interim payments, processing credit applications, account vetting process, produce debtors age analysis report and analysis of overdue accounts and report to management at bi-monthly debtors meeting and to communicate delinquent debtors to management. I was also responsible for managing cross border debtors in Lesotho, Maseru, Zambia
December 1996 - July 2001
Position Held: Legal Book keeper
Immediate superior: Mrs B E Edwards (accountant)
Reason for leaving: Better position offered with good remunerations and benefits
Duties performed: & Book value: + / - R 6 million
Credit control & book keeping for all 4 departments - general, court collect, defended and Supreme Court matters. Creditors, debtors, collections, reconciliations, correspondents, sheriff, advocates, advertisements accounts, journals postings, processing, debiting, issuing cheques, bank reconciliation's, sorting finances, month end & yearend procedures, age analysis, queries, receipting, invoicing, partner fees analysis and trust transfers.
Commercial Book keeper
GLENDAY'S ACCOUNTING SERVICES
June 1995 - November 1996
Immediate superior: Mrs. Sandra Glenday (MD)
Reason for leaving: Retrenched
I was responsible for the full bookkeeping function from cashbook to trial balance for different clients. Sorting out paperwork received from clients, clients visitation, creditors, reconciliation's, general ledger accounts, petty cash, cash flow analysis, rsc levies, rent roll analysis, purchases journals, cash receipts, rent statements, posting journals, bank reconciliation's, general administration reports, extension letters to SARS. My job entailed me travelling out to respective clients premises and raised billings for time and travel per units.
Retail and Manufacturing
September 1991 - May 1995
Immediate superior: Mr. Monty Khan (M D)
Reason for leaving: Company went into Liquidation - Closed down
I have managed and supervised the admin accounts department and exercised credit management and collections with chain stores-(Bears, Lubners, Geen & Richards, Price, Melody's, retail and wholesale outlets) Full function of bookkeeping from cashbook to trial balance, supervising & managing the accounts department (staff of 10). creditors, debtors, collections, reconciliation's, invoicing, receipting, vat accounts, issuing cheques, salaries and wages for warehouse staff of 50 employees.
Account Admin Supervisor
February 1989 - August 1991
Immediate superior: Mr Peter James Mudd (MD)
Reason for Leaving: Family relocated to Benoni
Responsible for Monthly and daily reports done both manually and on computer spreadsheets, inventory control, general administrative duties, variance reports, daily intake reports, petty cash, distribution reports, eviscerations report. Inventory Control, credit control & debt collections. Supervision of5 admin staff.
National Credit Manager
4 month assignment - Book value +/- 46million
• Ensured that Debtors Accounting, Reporting, Credit Vetting, trade debtors billing and collections, delinquent and uncollectable debtors and external collections agencies are managed and executed effectively in accordance with generally accepted accounting practice (GAAP) and the national credit act rules of engagements.
• Consolidated credit control nationally, assessed the current structure, processes, policies and recommended improvements and developed a national strategy managing outstanding debt nationally.
• I have added value and modified and re designed the company's credit application, airway bills, dunning letters and SLA in accordance to the NCA and CPA requirements.
• I was responsible for managing, motivating, training the credit department of 13 x credit controllers at Head office on the NCA/CPA requirements, compliance and adherence of the policy and procedures involved and basic credit management training.
• Provided leadership and mentorship to credit controllers to ensure their commitment and deliver high quality services
• I have coached, guided, motivated and developed accounts receivable staff and offered motivational talks with sales.
• Manage relationships and afforded training guidance with BM's and sales staff of their respective branches nationally to ensure that services are defined and delivered in line with agreed upon service levels
• Identify opportunities for process improvement by implementing best practice in credit granting and collections.
• Provided professional and timely credit risk assessments and supervised all legal matters.
• I personally managed and supervised the National Key Accounts of the SANBS, RCL Group Services, Unilever, Rainbow Farms, Sea Harvest, Woolworths, SAB, Shoprite Checkers, Vector Logistics.
• Ensured Customer compliance with Credit Agreements, resolve disputes arising in respect of claims and non-payment issues and proceeded with...
Qualifications & Certifications
Business Administration & Business Management
DAMELIN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCHOOL
INSTITUTE OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT SCHOOL
Forwarding & Clearing
INDUSTRY QUALIFICATIONS INSTITUTE