B.A. Degree - Sociology MBA Degree
Professional Educational Experience
Business Office Secretary
Port Townsend School District
Worked with district personnel to establish accurate payroll time spreadsheets for all substitute teachers and substitute classified personnel each month. Assisted with new software implementation of Sub-Online for substitutes and full time staff. Handled monetary deposits and transmittals from all schools daily. Performed reconciliation of bank ledger books monthly. Established and monitored new applicant files for interviewing and hiring of new employees; explaining the fingerprinting process and school district policies and procedures for employment. Maintained accurate physical personnel files which also involved the Skyward HR software system, documenting absences such as sick time, vacation, etc. for rolling payroll. Assisted with many other office management tasks.
Sales Development Specialist
Enclume Design Products
Articulated the Enclume products' value proposition to new prospects and existing customers at the decision maker/buyer level. Responsible for sales initiatives by outbound prospect calling, closing deals as a result of leads and servicing existing customers. Explained to prospects/retail accounts on their own ability to sell Enclume products and positioned them to do so. Identified and contacted customers in relation to special targeted sales campaigns. Used an in-house data management system to input and retrieve customer information and keep track of customer sales and needs. Mailed appropriate marketing literature to prospects and current customers on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Controls/IAP World Services
Scheduled 35 crane inspectors, crane maintenance and electrical maintenance personnel for 1500 hours of ongoing required educational coursework yearly. This was accomplished through the Navy Crane Center and in-house training including an online CD based training program. Coordinated Crane Operator Licensing Program through educational seminar training. Issued and maintained crane operator's licenses to qualified personnel. Monitored expense voucher accounting system to disburse funds for educational services. Maintained 2,500 pieces "Rigging Gear" Program with computerized data management system. Processed crane repair orders and preventive maintenance orders. Handled various office duties for department manager dealing with confidential office correspondence and coordination. Established good ongoing customer relationships between government entities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Senior Admissions Advisor/Academic Advisor
Administered extensive marketing of accredited educational degrees and programs worldwide.
Provided competent sales/advising to recruit 135 prospective students each quarter with on-going support of existing students to assist them to successfully complete their degree programs. Implemented specialized marketing of specific educational programs. Examples include: new online degrees through electronic delivery systems and first facilitated distance learning Masters of
- Knowledge and use of office machines. Type 55-60 wpm.
- Customer service, practicing policies and procedures using referrals.
- Confidentially experience working with Gov't and Gov't Contractors.
- Problem resolution and office organization.
Data Entry, Computer Data Management
- Customer Accounts Management, inside sales and products ordered.
- Scheduled employee coursework (training) managed through data entry and computer data management.
- Employee records (vacation, sick time); substitute teachers (scheduled time and hours of pay) managed online through data management programs.
- Equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules monitored through data entry and management.
- Crane Operators licensing requirements, data entry and monitored through computer data management system.
Sales and Marketing
- Advise and Counsel potential students through the application process, transcript coursework acceptance process, referral to financial aid dept.
- Advise and Counsel students on programs and degrees available, timelines, scheduling and tuition.
- Problem solve conflicts and resolution with academic staff.
- Posting new job openings, job descriptions, answering questions.
- Taking prospective applicants through the application process till selection process including fingerprinting requirements.
- Scheduling Interviews, processing paperwork, checking references.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more