March 2004 - May 2014
University of Ottawa
• Managed special events, meetings, and travel logistics; correspondence, file, records, database management, project administration and executive-level support.
• Compiled and maintained an inventory of networking associations and alliances that facilitated sharing of best practices, exchange of information, and effective partnerships on issues.
• Developed complex documents, including financial statements, reports, spreadsheets, graphs and PowerPoint presentations for managers.
• Provided logistical support for meetings, including departmental semi-yearly meetings by ensuring that all documentation and other requirements were met.
• Organized meetings and took minutes for several committees.
• Designed and maintained computer and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports and documents.
• Liaised with a wide variety of internal and external clients in a professional manner using tact, discretion and confidentially.
• Responsible for ordering supplies, payment of invoices either with a credit card or using the financial system (Banner and FAST). Reconciled credit card statements every month.
• In charge of the data entry of all requests for payments and the distribution of the cheques to the appropriate people as well as accountable for reconciling all monthly expenses for several departments. Created journal entries as required.
• Responsible for the interview process including setting up of interviews, testing and documentation.
• Created daily deposits in CICS for the department.
July 1995 - March 2004
• Developed and maintained the associated processes and procedures of the Human Resource headcount tracking system including updating of several different reports on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for the verification and accuracy of the human resources hiring forms prior to the Vice-President's approval and submission to HR.
• Produced daily and weekly reports for Public Works and Government Services Canada and the Vice-President using Meridien Max (telephone monitoring system for call centres).
• Compiled data and trends for call volume patterns. Extracted data from Meridien Max to be used for accessibility reports and trend patterns.
Secretary to the Vice-President Academic
May 1984 - March 1995
Worked in an academic department and then for the Vice-President Academic
Secretary, School of Health Sciences
Allied Health and Biological Sciences
May 1982 - May 1984
Worked for several teachers typing the exams, etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
Took French grammar refresher, in-house software and courses for personal professional development
University of Ottawa
Accounting I, and II
Accounting, microcomputer applications
Bilingual Secretarial s