Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Assisting the Unit & Assistant
Bedford Borough Council & Central Bedfordshire Council
February 2009 - March 2010
During this period I worked for: Trading Standards, County Hall; Maythorn Residential Children's Home Biggleswade; Children with Disabilities Team, Ampthill; Looked After Children's Team, Kingsway and Leaving and After Care Team, Salamander House.
• Assisting the Unit & Assistant managers with all aspects of Administration
• Calculating the figures for monthly expenses & weekly timesheets
• Inputting all accidents/ incidents reports on the Health & Safety register
• Typing correspondence and Ad hoc duties.
• Dealing with customer enquiries verbally or online.
• Inputting details of warnings and prosecutions onto the database
• Researching and sourcing publications on the OFT (Office of Fair Trading) website for use in by Trading Standards officers
• Typing statements/documents for Trading Standards officers
2 Wheel Sales Desk
Suzuki UK, Tattenhoe
November 2007 - August 2008
• Taking & inputting orders for motor cycles and accessories
• Deputising for the Administration Supervisor
• Training Temporary Staff on all aspects of motor cycle sales procedures
• Assisting the Administration supervisor when updating the sales order procedure guide
Bedfordshire County Council
February 2006 - October 2007
During this period I worked in a number of departments including: Children with Disabilities, Queens Park; Adults with Learning Team, Flitwick; Director of Children Services & Assistant Directors, County Hall and Commissioning Service, Brickhill.
• Typing Correspondence for Senior managers & directors
• Assisting Social workers with paperwork/planning for meetings including Child protection issues etc.
• Setting up manual and computer based filing systems
• Taking minutes for meetings & Ad hoc duties
January 2005 - August 2005
• Arranging courses and H&S tests for operatives/managers to obtain their CSCS (Construction Skills Certificate Scheme) cards to prove their competence and obtain entry to site
• Updating databases with all training
• Assisting 5 Workforce managers to monitor and all managers/construction staff
• Dealing with telephone and written enquiries regarding apprenticeships & other schemes offered by the construction industry.
Technical Assistant (Management Team)
Jarvis Rail/Network Rail Track Alliance
November 2002 - August 2004
• Attending meetings to update the Production manager & other team members regarding Network Rail issues
• Compiling Health & Safety files for Network Rail on completion of all engineering works
• Assisting the Production manager & Project manager with all queries relating to Handback & Welding issues.
Bovis Lend Lease
April 2001 - July 2002
• Arranging courses for 1800 staff based within Europe covering: IT, Railtrack, Health & Safety and First Aid.
• Assisting the Learning & Development managers when compiling figures for training expenditure and assessment of training needs
• Typing joining instructions and memos. Dealing with all faxes & general HR correspondence.
Sales Support Secretary
David Brown Textron
July 1998 - March 2001
• Inputting sales orders for power transmission items including gearboxes.
• Compilation of weekly sales figures for the South East of England
• Typing reports for senior managers
Service Delivery Assistant
October 1997 - July 1998
• Liasing with the AA patrols and approved garages
• Reconciliation of monthly garage mileage returns for the accounts Department
• Checking details/requirements of all members before offering them service; liaising with the AA technical help team to ensure all members are aware of other services available to them.
West Herts College
October 1996 - September 1997
• Raising invoices & credit notes for courses and chasing payments
• Typing correspondence for the lecturers
• Sending out information packs about the courses
June 1981 - September 1996
• Arranging Industry consultation meetings to advise UK industries on current EU legislation
• Database management for all the EU safety directives covered by the Division
• Managing the workload of 2 temporary workers.
• Organising major training events to promote UK industries.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more