Excellent Proof-reading skills in the English language regarding correction of Grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc . Illustrator in most mediums with accent on attention to detail. Would be best suited for home-based work as I prefer to work long hours at a time. Computer literate. Free to travel if necessary.
Mature and honest with an appreciation of Nature. Dedicated to the task in hand and committed to producing a great result. Able to listen to the needs of others and adapt to their style but not afraid to make useful suggestions. Of quiet disposition and strong values. Have unusual patience but not bored easily. Enjoy researching facts with a pride for accuracy. A Dreamer with imagination. Good at figures.
Group Reconciliations Assistant
May 2008 - May 2009
• All aspects of Creditors for 6 Companies on the Asyst Greenbean System, queries, Reconciliations, payments and Aged Creditors Reports.
• International & domestic payments on Natwest EQ Banking System for 6 Companies, namely Rock Services Ltd, Rock Holdings Ltd, Southern Rock Investment Ltd, Southern Rock Insurance Ltd, Eldon Insurance & Southern Rock Holdings Ltd (Gibraltar).
Employer's Name & Address Shaw Healthcare, Cardiff, UK
Nature of Business Provision, management and administration of Care homes and hospitals for the elderly in the UK.
Contact Person Jo Dodds
Post Temporary Purchase Ledger Clerk
All aspects of Purchase Ledger
February 2008 - April 2008
Period Employed 02 February 2008 to 25 April 2008
All aspects of Purchase Ledger for approximately 70 Care Homes; checking and authorisation of or coding & input of invoices (150/day). Reconciliations. Payment runs
Employer's Name & Address Avana Bakeries Ltd, Newport, Wales, UK
Nature of Business Manufacture of cakes and desserts for Premier Foods Group (main customers were Woolworths, Marks & Spencers, Kiplings).
All aspects of Purchase Ledger for L to Z, Recons, Payments
May 2007 - November 2008
Nature of Business Provision of Security Personnel to VIPs and clearance of land mines internationally (Minetech)
Contact Person Tom Saul (Financial Director): Tel 01594-545100
Post Accounts Assistant
September 2006 - April 2007
, input onto Access Accounting
• Reconciliations to Statements and payments on Barclays Business Master & HSBC Internet.
• Daily writing up of 7 manual Cashbooks on Excel and input onto Access Cashbook (Barclays
Sterling, US$ & Euro Accounts). Monthly Cashbook Reconciliations of Minetech Accounts.
• Accrued Salaries of 90 Field Staff, creation of Template Payslips for Budgeting & Payslips.
• Inter-Company Reconciliations, Journal entries for Depreciations, Directors Loan Accts, etc.
• Liaising with Managers in various parts of the world concerning budgets, floats, expenses & salaries. Monthly Audit and analysis of Field Float Expenditure and conversion from various
currencies to Sterling: coding into relevant accounts, preparation & input of Journal entries.
Employer's Name & Address Liberata Plc, Newport, Gwent, UK
Nature of Business Outsourced administration and banking services for large Corporations & Government bodies.
Contact Person Anna Lewis (Team Leader of AP Blitz Project)
Post Accounts Payable Assistant
'Accounts Payable Blitz Project' team was created to audit and resolve a huge backlog of unprocessed & unpaid Supplier invoices. Updating Management Reports
Employer's Name & Address University of Wales - Newport
Nature of Business Education: Training of Teachers
Contact Person Nicola Dade-Jones (Head of Accounts Payable)
Tel (+44) 01633 - 432284
Accounts Payable Assistant
November 2005 - February 2006
Nature of Business Manufacture and distribution of industrial brushes
Contact Person Gareth Leigh (Financial Controller), Tel (+44) 01292 634200
Post Temp Accounts Payable Assistant
Assistant to MD's Personal Secretary
May 2005 - October 2005
Period Employed 27 May 2005 to 14 October 2005
• Orders, Invoices, Credit Notes/queries/Reconciliations/ sorting mail/ Monthly Reports
• Payment runs (UK Suppliers, Foreign Suppliers and inter-co suppliers).
• Assistant to MD's Personal Secretary
• Scanning documents & maintaining Archival Filing System.
Employer's Name & Address The George Hotel, Chepstow, Gwent
Nature of Business Hospitality; Hotel
Contact Person Andrew Bryan (Director)
Post Housekeeper->Reception->Head Receptionist
• Sole Housekeeper for hotel with 14 double, en-suite bedrooms & assorted facilities.
Receptionist - Checking in & out of guests / taking bookings for Restaurant
January 2001 - March 2005
, Rooms & Conference Facilities. Breakfast waitressing. Checking of Till Floats, Daily Takings and End-of-Day Audit Reports.
• Promoted to Head Receptionist - All Reception duties plus Daily Banking, Month-end Reports, Conference Hostess.
January 2001 to March 05
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY IN SOUTH AFRICA (1988 to 2000)
During my first marriage, I was known as Lyn van Rooyen.
Written Recommendations are available for most South African employers
Place of Employment Greenmount B&B
Chepstow, Wales, UK
Nature of Business Bed & Breakfast established & run in own home
• My provided Bed & Breakfast hospitality for clients who regularly attended the Horse Races.
Employer's Name & Address Brightside Plc, Bristol, UK
Nature of Business Insurance Brokers & underwriters for eCar, eBike, eVan, CVD,
Contact Person Andrew Sheen (Accountant)
Contact No. Tel. 01454 - 634121 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelspruit, Mpumulanga (Own Company, 1997 to 2000)
This company was formed to suit my 2nd husbands talents, and as such, was an agent for Electrolux SA in Mpumulanga and Swaziland. The Company repaired and refurbished industrial laundry, catering and butchery equipment around this area (mostly to luxury private Game Lodges in the Kruger National Park). Unfortunately we had to close the company to emigrate to the UK to care for my ailing Parents-in-Law; stayed for 10 years).
Employer's Name & Address Rustenburg Building Material Pty Ltd, Rustenburg, NW Transvaal
Nature of Business Provision of retail and wholesale building materials to the local platinum mines, builders & farmers
Contact Person Anthony Cohen (Director)
• Control of all aspects of administration.
• Supervision of 7 Debtors Clerks, 5 Cashiers & 3 Creditors Clerks.
• Daily banking/ Cash book / Books to Trial Balance / Imports costing
• Manual salaries and wages for 80 employees.
• Conversion of manual Bookeeping system to Pastel Accounting, plus creditors conversion to Pastel. Update of all accounting procedures and books till Pre-Audit Balance Sheet stage.
Employer's Name & Address Bophuthatswana Breweries Pty Ltd, Thlabane, Rustenburg, NW Transvaal
Nature of Business Brewing and distribution of traditional beers (part of South African Breweries Ltd)
Contact Person Albert J Du Plessis (Regional Accountant)
Olympic Structural Engineering cc
Whilst working for my basic employers in South Africa, I also assisted my first husband in the administration of his own company which supplied, fabricated and erected steel structures on Platinum Mines around Rustenburg. The breaks between my employers occurred when I had to run the company on my own due to my husbands ill-health
January 1988 - May 1989
• Cash Book, Creditors and Ledgers to Trial Balance (for 4 Breweries & 1 Workshop)
• Preparation of books up to Balance Sheet for final adjustments by Accountant.
• Insurance Claims
Employer's Name & Address Schreuder, Wenhold and von Zwietring, Rustenburg, NW Transvaal
Nature of Business Auditors and Chartered Accountants
Contact Person H von Zwietring (Partner)
June 1985 - July 1987
June 1985 to July 1987
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more