Claim you profile
PVC Piping Forensics Expert
- Part time
With over 40 years of hands-on experience in the PVC Pipe & Fittings industry, my goal is to share my expertise. You can rest assure
Forensic Consultant, Expert Witness - Trainer
November 2008 - November 2008
With four decades of hands-on experience in the PVC Pipe & Fittings industry, let me share my knowledge about the manufacturer, design, field installation and forensic analysis of plastic products, which includes evidence collection, depositions, record keeping and report writing.
National Product Manager
LASCO Fittings Inc
July 1973 - November 2008
Associated with the PVC fittings industry in Technical Services, product liability and new product management roles. This added the realm of going over product field failures and product liability management with insurance companies and litigation along with sales and marketing experience. Developed and presented to customers, technical information providing the mechanical properties of Corrugated Fiberglass panels used for roofing and other structural applications. Had responsibility for submission and maintaining of product approvals with the various codes and listing organizations. (UPC, ASTM UL, etc.)
Mfg. Engineer - Special Projects
July 1965 - June 1973
Started as Product Designer, and progressed to Product Manager. As a Product Mgr had responsibility for about 15 - 20 new products as each cycled through the development to market phase,
This included design, cost, and inter-department schedule schedules.
As a Mfg. Engr. - Special Projects my function was to rapidly address field problems within released products and make the necessary cost effective changes that insured safety, reliability and affordibility. This led to interface with new product designs to guard against in products under development.
Partial listing of Projects
- Denver Zoo Asian Tropics March 2011 to January 2012PVC Pipe and Fitting expert in a construction litigation. The project was to build a state of the art elephant exhibit for the Denver Zoo.
- Thyssen Krupp - Vieoliawater July 2010 to August 2010Review and report on multiple piping failures in large scale water treatment plant. Follow up included providing training and oversight of repairs. Trained and observed crew in solvent welding PVC piping up to 20-inch diameter.
- PVC Piping Systems Helpful Tips for Avoiding Problems March 2009 to January 2011Develop a technical publication for the Plastic Pipe and Fittings Association. This booklet is available from the PPFA and is used to educate on the cause and prevention of PVC pipe and fitting failures.
- James vs. Omar September 2011 to June 2012 PVC product liability expert. Acted as a defendant expert in a litigation based on the failure of a PVC valve and resultant damage to complainants property.
- Gilroy School/Gilbane Construction August 2011 to June 2012 Evaluate the cause of continued failures of a sport field irrigation system. Worked with Contractor and system designer to resolve the problem and make system changes.
- Fresno vs KMD/Boro November 2010 to present Evaluate the cause for failures in the PVC irrigation system at the Fresno County Juvenile Justice Campus.
Need assistance with PVC Pipe or fitting problems?
Let more than four decades of hands-on experience analyzing field complaints, product returns and subrogation claims, with PVC pipe and fittings, help you. As a manufacturer, consumer, or installer you can be confident the special knowledge gained in the manufacturing, installation or use of PVC pipe fittings can respond to your questions. Use a recognized expert in the areas of threaded joint failures, water hammer or cyclic fatigue, solvent cementing and manufacturing defects. This expertise is supplemented by an extensive mechanical engineering and product design background.
Qualifications & Certifications
California State University-Long Beach
Santa Monica College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more