Android: 1 year current
Blackberry: 1 year current
Perl: 2 years
Python: 2 years
PHP: 6 years current
Java: 6 years current
C: 1 year
C++: 2 years
Bash: 6 years
March 2011 - July 2012
1. Analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of custom operating system environments, applications and platforms.
2. Business and Requirements Analysis.
3. Provide advanced Technical Specifications, flow charts, Use and Test Cases based on Business / client expectation and requirement. Includes arranging meetings and collating business requirements into Technical Specifications. Provide data specifications and source to target mappings.
4. Develop and Generate reports and other file extracts from various data sources eg database / text / csv / spread sheets etc.
5. Analysis, Design and Implementation of Extraction, Transformation and Loading Processes. Focus on optimal maintenance of the Operational Data Store.
6. Data Modelling and Profiling.
7. Master Data Management and OLAP.
8. Analysis, Design and Implementation of Multidimensional databases (including modelling). Slowly changing dimensions etc.
9. Work with Sybase ASE and IQ. Also with RDBMS: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
10. Develop Source to Target Mappings.
11. Presentation of technical ideas and concepts to non-technical people.
12. Develop and maintain Perl applications for ETL type environment which may also include OS level scripting.
13. Database interfaces. Networking (TCP Sockets). OS scripting (UNIX type environment). Installing Perl modules (from source).
UCS Software Braamfontein
January 2009 - March 2011
1) Analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of custom operating system environments, applications and platforms.
2) Business and Requirements Analysis.
3) Provide advanced Technical Specifications, flow charts, Use and Test Cases based on Business / client expectation and requirement. Includes arranging meetings and collating business requirements into Technical Specifications. Provide data specifications and source to target mappings.
4) Provide final level of support and development in the Linux, Database and Networking environment.
6) Building custom rpms, and rebuilding opensource rpms and tar packages to cater for client specific requirements. Providing change and technical documentation for the above.
7) Building custom installation disks for clients using flash, dvd etc.
8) Certification of new hardware based on client request.
9) Building and testing patches and upgrades. Deploying patches and upgrades to live environments seamlessly using automation.
10) Provide consultation services to administration and support staff.
11) Research and Development work. Lots of R&D. Setting up and certifying signature pads, thumb print scanners etc. Research the viability of using some of the latest technologies in the Linux environment. Impact analysis, optimisation, bug tracking and consultation with Vendor's for updated drivers/firmware and business requirement.
12) Perform P2V(physical machine to virtual machine) conversions. Extensive experience with ESXi, VirtualBox and VMWare tools (player, server, converter etc.).
OpenVoice / Barone Budge and Dominick / SARS
June 2008 - January 2009
1) Analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of the SARS Unified Call Center Project.
2) Business and Requirements Analysis.
3) Provide advanced Technical Specifications, flow charts, Use and Test Cases based on Business / client expectation and requirement.
4) Configuration and Maintenance of IP Load Balancer (Linux server running Linux Virtual Server). Analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of high availability, fully redundant, clustered and load balanced servers, applications and databases.
5) Application load testing (includes operating system load testing, monitoring and tweaking). Tweaking operating system and environments to handle higher workloads. Clustering that provide redundancy, high availability and redundant load balancers.
6) Development in: SQL, Perl, Python, Java and Bash with emphasis on optimum efficiency and performance. Develop SQL queries in MySQL, Postgres and DB2.
7) Setup, maintenance and deployment of the SIP/AS (SIP Application Server) cluster (running on IBM blades). All SIP A/S components were deployed on Linux servers.
8) Setup, configuration and maintenance of Sun Application Server cluster.
9) Maintenance of the Convedia Media Server 3000 and 9000.
10) Roll out, Deployment and troubleshooting of SARS Unified Call Center Applications into QA, Pre Production and Production.
11) On site and remote support of SARS Unified Call Center project.
Beekman Brothers Group - The Holiday Club
February 2006 - May 2008
1.2 Take responsibility (monitor and maintain) of critical servers and services (both Linux and Windows based) within and external to company (Sendmail, Squid, Asterisk, Samba, Hylafax, Bind, DHCP, Server 2003, WINS, WSUS, Mcafee, ClamAV, shorewall etc).
1.3 Operate network systems and oversees the users and groups on all file servers (Mail, Fax, Anti-Virus, Samba, DHCP, Squid and DNS). This includes assisting users with access to the network and the creation of user accounts.
1.4 Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware, software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems.
1.5 Review and debug error messages to determine software or hardware problems and take appropriate action to resolve them.
1.6 Supervise two junior technicians (Assign work orders to them and follow up and assist them with their daily tasks).
1.7 Install, repair, upgrade and maintain computer hardware.
1.8 Assist Helpdesk Support with any asset register requirements.
1.9 Support helpdesk to facilitate exchange of information and advice; implement solutions when and as required.
1.10 Assist in instructing staff in the use of standard business and administrative software, including word processing, spreadsheets, BBL(in house software) and database management (Asset Management). Provide instruction or written documentation where required.
1.11 Work with a variety of peripherals and presentation devices such as scanners, CD-Rom/Writers, video/cameras, projectors, printers and copiers.
1.12 Research, review, and implement current and new technologies. This includes hardware and software to get the maximum understanding of a constantly changing field.
1.13 Telephonic and remote support to JHB Reservations, Equitec, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Botswana Departments. This is both server and desktop related.
Qualifications & Certifications
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Torque IT Rivonia
CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association)
BSc Computer Science and Applied Mathematics (2001-2006)
University of Kwazulu Natal, Howard College
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more