I am passionate about promoting the development of businesses and communities in the African continent, particularly women- and youth- owned businesses. I apply my skills in public policy, project management and stakeholder engagement to analyse problems and find solutions by conducting in-depth research and identifying applicable best practices that can be used to analyse and locate relevant solutions to problems facing government entities, businesses and non-governmental organisations. I have over 10 years of across the board senior management experience in the government, private and non-profit sectors. Through my international experience, I am able to pin-point solutions befitting the African environment. I have strong problem solving skills and am solutions driven.
Policy And Legislative Analysis
Advisory services include research, analysis, best practice applications to issues relevant to communities, businesses and government e.g. health, finance, transport, education, housing, ICT, etc.
Como Blue Business and Management Consultants (Pty) Ltd
From March 2010
Mar 2010 - Present
Como Blue is a women-owned start-up company that provides advisory and professional services to SMMEs, cooperatives and government entities in the Southern African Region.
• Oversee development and implement of company Strategic Business Plans.
• Monitor and oversee the company's performance and finances
• Oversee company budget and resource utilisation
• Ensure high quality in service delivery and client engagement
• Monitor and oversee compliance with legal and administrative requirements
• Plan and monitor progress and timely delivery/implementation of projects as per company Business Plan and Action Plans
• Oversee Business Development, including developing clientele and engagement with key stakeholders
• Represent the company at engagements with stakeholders, including clients and partners.
Johannesburg Professional Network
; South African Business Network; Strategy & Corporate Strategic Planning Xchange Group; etc. (2008 - present)
• Exec. Committee: Black Management Forum - Johannesburg (2006 - 2007)
• Oxygen Medical Scheme - Audit Committee (2006 - 2008)
Chief of Staff
Office of the Premier
2003 - 2009
The Gauteng Office of the Premier is the nerve centre of government responsible for oversight, development and coordination of policy and communication in Gauteng Province.
Chief of Staff
Acting Deputy Director General
• Strategic and Administrative Head of Office of the Premier, Gauteng
• Strategic support and advice to the Premier
• Coordination of and engagement with stakeholder groups e.g. civil society, business, other government entities, organized labour, target groups e.g. youth, women, people living with disabilities, etc.
• Provision of Transversal Institutional Support Services (i.e. corporate services) for GPG
• Responsible for units charged with - Human Resource Management; Security and Risk Management, Strategy Planning and Development; Legal Services and Finance Management
• Membership & Affiliations: Member of Indibano (Advisory Group to Premier); Departmental Acquisition Council (DAC), Management Committee (Mancom), Head of Department (HOD) Forum, Change Management Project Team, Transition and Departmental Restructuring Committees, etc.
Office of the Legislative Analyst
The OLA provides independent analysis, research and advice to support the legislative efforts of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors
Sr Legislative Analyst
• Head of Office responsible for oversight of research generated and reports produced by team of Legislative Analysts
• High level engagement with political committees and offices of the Board of Supervisors, Clerk of the Board and government departments
• Independent research, analysis and advisory services for the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in areas of Infrastructure development (roads and housing development); Health, Education; Environment, Finance/Budgets and ICT
• Track and monitor new policy initiatives and legislative developments that affect San Francisco
• Produce and deliver reports and research findings before committees of the Board of Supervisors
• Stakeholder development and engagement with government, civil society, business, and other key groups
• Committee Affiliations: Finance; Housing, Transportation and Land Use; Public Health and Environment; Economic Vitality, Small Business and Social Policy; Audit, Labor and Government Efficiency; and Public Utilities and Government Efficiency; Performance and Review Committee; Housing Study Committee
Center For Applied Learning And Research
California, USA 1998
This organization applies the social sciences and related disciplines to improve the quality of human development at the local level.
Consultant: Marin County Social Services
• Research and assessed the efficacy of local government Social Services' Program in Marin County.
• Conducted research and policy analysis.
• Wrote and contributed an analytical report on Marin County's Social Services in the 1998 Third Quarter Report.
Housing Authority Of Contra Costa County (HACCC), California, USA
The HACCC oversees and administers, among other responsibilities, the federal "Weed and Seed" community revitalization programme.
Consultant: "Weed and Seed" Program
• Completed a successful application for eligibility and participation of Contra Costa County in the Dept. of Justice's "Weed and Seed" programme.
• Designed a comprehensive community revitalization programme for Contra Costa County.
• Stakeholder development and management, including engagement with focus groups including youth, women and community based organisations (CBOs).
Affiliations and Other Activities
• Member: Women in Finance (2010)
• Sustainable Water Resource South Africa (2010)
• Member: British Chamber of Commerce (2009 - Present)
• Various Gauteng Provincial Government Management Committees (2002 -2009)
• Various Professional Bodies: Project Manager's Network; South African Small
Qualifications & Certifications
Inanda Seminary, South Africa
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more