Claim you profile
I have studied Mathematics all of my life. Most recently I graduated top of my class with a First Class BSc in Mathematics with Finance and Accounting from Queen Mary, University of London.
The Careers Group, University of London
Spent a week visiting a number of City firms, including Barclays. Gained an invaluable insight into the functions of varying financial institutions. Developed excellent practical skills when completing case studies and making presentations.
Global Securities Finance Analyst (Internship)
June 2011 - August 2011
, June 2012 - Aug. 2012 & June 2013 - Aug. 2013
• Due to my success in each role I have been asked back to complete internships in each of 2012 and 2013.
• Fully exposed to the workings and processes of a successful derivatives department, undertaking a number of different roles and entrusted with important responsibilities, gaining an interesting insight into financial markets.
• Received official training in compliance and anti-money laundering as well as informal training from experienced analysts.
• Had daily contact with a number of important global clients; using excellent communication skills to build and maintain professional working relationships allowing for collaboration when analysing market exposure and trade details.
• Given responsibility of collateral management, using numerical and analytical skills when analysing trading activity, solving problems and discrepancies and agreeing large collateral movements to safeguard the bank against market exposure.
• Spent time working on the trading desk, where I used my organisation and communication skills to provide effective trade support. I made a personal impact by negotiating trade details, whilst developing good relationships with global clients.
• Had to adapt quickly to changes in the market, minimizing the bank's market exposure during a volatile economic climate.
Tax Analyst (Internship)
From December 2011
• Shadowed the Head of Group Tax whilst she was completing the company's tax returns, gaining a good understanding of tax management within a successful organisation as well as the financial and operational implications of various tax legislation.
• Using my analytical skills I successfully completed a project: the financial reconciliation of a £10mill fixed asset addition which straddled 3 years, identifying asset descriptions and classifying them into capital allowance categories.
Old Garchonians FC - Founder and Chairman
Interests and Achievements
Founder of a new, exciting and inclusive local football club that now has four teams, all affiliated with the Southern Amateur League. Use effective leadership skills when chairing committee meetings and overseeing the general running of the club, making vital decisions, pushing the club forward. Organised and hosted a club fundraising day from which over £1500 was raised for the club. Raised the clubs profile by liaising with national and local media, securing articles with www.the FA.com, amongst others. Also negotiated a substantial sponsorship deal with a local business.
Queen Mary, University of London
Mathematical Sciences First Year Prize, Westfield Trust Prize and Prize of the IMA
Awarded these prizes as a result of my academic achievements throughout my time at Queen Mary, University of London. I achieved the highest average of around 250 students studying Mathematics in both of my first and final years.
P/t Finance and Quality Administrator
Schools direct.com Ltd
October 2010 - June 2012
• Assisting the financial director with strategic financial management, cost analysis, budget setting and financial reporting.
• Building and maintaining successful client relationships when promoting and monitoring quality across all services.
• Supporting consultants, using a creative and innovative approach to advise on business problems faced by schools.
• Developing analytical skills through financial data analysis and reporting, data compilation and quality control.
• Entrusted with responsibility to create and amend contracts, reports and invoices for important clients always ensuring accuracy and attention to detail and always adhering to relevant deadlines.
• Used leadership skills to implement a number of new, efficient financial systems such as: a new stock control and purchase order system which has helped significantly with cost analysis and budgeting.
• Used initiative to implement a number of different quality control systems including: a termly client questionnaire, a new staff training programme, an employee of the month scheme and a comprehensive environmental management system.
Queen Mary Entrepreneurs Society
Responsible for organising interesting and engaging events for society members. Worked directly with every member of a diverse team. Used leadership and organisational skills to run successful events, attracting members to the society. Organised a successful Charity Christmas Fair, from which over £1000 was raised for The Princes Trust charity.
Qualifications & Certifications
Mathematics and Sports Science
University of London
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more