Claim you profile
From November 2012
Whilst at Mercedes Benz I was tasked with integrating all of their owned retail sites. Currently 39 of their owned retail sites arrange and procure all goods and services themselves with no support from Procurement with processes or systems.
I was tasked with changing this and educating the retail sites and to implement an E-Procurement system, whilst contracting and negotiating new and improved national and localised contracts.
The expenditure within retail is approximately 1.2billion per annum, this was un managed expenditure, I firstly liaised with all parties and visited all of the sites to ascertain what system and process would best suit them from an efficiency point of view and a cost saving exercise.
I have since implemented an E-Procurement system from purchase to payment with the help of the accountants within each retail site for consultative purposes and the IT department for architectural and development purposes.
I then had to liaise with all local and national suppliers to implement Terms and conditions and contracts where applicable to ensure compliance, stability and pricing.
There where savings in excess of 5.7million made since December 2012 and still on-going.
September 2009 - November 2012
I am currently working for the Camden & Islington PCT part for the NHS in North London. I currently manage a team of 6 individuals and report directly to the Director of Procurement. I tender and analyse costing where necessary and provide advice of any potential savings which can be made.
Whilst working at Camden & Islington PCT I have implemented many new and improved changes from a new E-Procurement System hosted by UK Procure and our internal system Agresso to operational changes to maintain work load and staff evolvement moving forward.
I have also begun discussions with local authorities within the North London area on creating a Purchasing co-operative so that we can join purchasing forces and either indulge in further cost reductions or create a single unit to service all of the Procurement requirements within North London enabling me and my team to become the sole procurement hub.
I currently manage a total of £220 million annual spend with the help and assistance of my department. To ensure that we are compliant to the government legislations we have to issue an RFQ for every item we receive in with a total expected expenditure of over £5,000 per annum. On the basis of this we can then guarantee that we as a trust have the best available market place pricing as of the date of the RFQ and fixed for a period of time.
Since joining the Camden & Islington PCT I have secured £250k worth of savings on every day items ie: furniture and stationery and a further £1.2million on larger tenders services such as Printing, Couriers, HR Services and Legal services, a total savings schedule of £1,450,000.
I have also had involvement with new build project for new hospitals in all areas such as Medical equipment from ECG machines to MRI Scanners and X-Ray Equipment, I have been involved in all areas of this from planning and designing the room to full tender processes and price negotiations, within the area of medical devices I have made an approximate saving of...
March 2009 - August 2009
Whilst working at Aaramark I was a contracted member of staff bought on to help achieve their set targets of saving for the year of 09/10. I mainly liaised with suppliers to negotiate pricing and lucrative rebate schedules, I also tendered for Coffee products making a saving of £25,000 pa on a 3 year contract total saving of £75k, I also tendered for printed stationery and managed to obtain a total saving of £110,000 for the total contract of 3 years.
Macdonald Hotels Ltd
November 2007 - February 2009
As part of a team of three we managed all of the direct and indirect spend for the Macdonald Hotels Group, with a total of 47 hotels countrywide and a total annual spend of £90million. This covered Food & Beverages, Utilities, all property and FF&E project and indirect expenditure.
We were tasked with bringing the £90million total spend under contract and managing all aspects of the supplier relationship thereafter. We were to ensure that we were working with the suppliers to obtain the best service and ensure that they were providing the correct information as requested.
I constantly monitored and benchmarked pricing within the market place to ensure I was obtaining the most beneficial pricing structure for my company. I managed the End to End Tender process, RFI's, RFQ's and conducted post Tender Analysis to select the most business viable suppliers. Conducting monthly supplier review meetings to ensure that all KPI's and SLA agreements were adhered to as agreed at the beginning of the contract term.
I maintained the rebate schedule totalling £711k and ensured timely invoicing and collection was adhered to and all figures were collected in a timely manner.
I maintained all suppliers on the ordering system in conjunction with the Purchasing Director to then provide recommendations for cost reductions in the Purchasing Function. I assisted in the development of the annual Negotiation Plan to research and provide recommendations for suppliers in all categories of Purchasing.
I also managed sensitive internal relationships to ensure compliance to purchasing procedures
Areas of Responsibility
Since joining Macdonald Hotels in Nov 07 I was responsible for taking certain categories of spend through the end to end Tender process:
Printed Stationery £1.2million per annum
I completed a full tender on the printed stationery items that Macdonald Hotels use and rationalised down the supply base from 7 suppliers to just 1. I reduced the stock levels at each supplier...
Thistle Hotels Ltd
October 2005 - November 2007
Whilst working for Thistle Hotels Ltd, I have worked closely with our operational teams to identify requirements and offer solutions to provide optimum procurement solutions, whilst keeping the communication channels open with all of our internal customers.
I would consider myself to have excellent project management and negotiation skills and whilst dealing with any of our suppliers I remain professional and approachable which results in creating excellent working relationships.
Areas of Responsibility
Since joining Thistle in Oct 2005 I was responsible for taking certain categories of spend through a tender process and made substantial savings in each area:
Gaming Contract for all of the estate
I was responsible for all aspects of our gaming contract. A recent contract review Increased our revenue share to 50% from 40% generating an extra £9,000 pa
Contract Cleaning Contract valued £3.5million per annum
After reviewing the contract cleaning area of the business I discovered that numerous hotels within the estate where using different un-contracted suppliers for both linen and cleaning staff and after presenting a proposal to the board to consolidate both Linen supplies and staff they decided that this was a very lucrative and beneficial opportunity. I then enlisted a team of internal stakeholders from the operational staff within the estate and ascertained the needs and requirement of their region.
The tender document was then sent out including all KPI information I require on a monthly basis and listing all Service details, which the business needs to function correctly and, in a timely manner. This also included a Framework agreement of all contractual costs including hourly rates for staff, costs for all items of linen in accordance to region and level of distribution and leased equipment costs. After selecting the final supplier and careful negotiations I saved a total of £750k
HR Services Contract valued at £300,000 per annum
After the decision to...
Hilton Group PLC
November 2002 - December 2004
Whilst working for Hilton Hotels my main duty was to support the Food & Beverage Purchasing Manager with all of his daily duties, this would include liasing with all of the suppliers re: KPI's and costs, if the costs were to rise due to lack of product I would negotiate a new cost and communicate this to the whole estate. On a daily basis I would liase with the Warehouse facility we put in to place for the majority of our Food area and discuss stock levels, costs and products which matched the specifications set my our team of Chef's within the estate. I would also deal with any complaints re; service or quality on a daily basis and liase directly with all of the suppliers to resolve these issues.
• One of my main duties was to provide procurement solutions where necessary to the 78 hotels in UK & Ireland.
• Other duties included managing a supply database of over 250 suppliers, which over a 2-year period was reduced to 55 suppliers. Negotiating the best price possible for our needs, developing new product initiatives, sourcing & selecting branded products to meet objectives & channels of distribution, controlling product flow and quality, cost analysis of various food and beverage products.
• I visited various client sites to meet company contacts to assess their offices and warehouses. I also made regular visits to the Hotels to see how the products I had sourced were being utilised within the hotels and to make sure all negotiated prices and specifications were being adhered to.
• I completed many projects one of which was to oversee the construction of a new Intranet database, which held all of our supplier information including Contracts, Contact Details, Customer Surveys and Price Lists. I also managed my Procurement Team and Procurement Directors daily diary and arranged travel when necessary.
• I attended 2 courses whilst at Hilton with CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchase & Supply) 1: Contract Management 2: Introduction to Purchasing and Negotiations
February 2001 - November 2002
• As the first member of the order administration team it was one of my responsibilities to implement and execute new and effective procedures of organisation. This effectively allowed my department to run smoothly and in a cost/time effective way.
• My role demanded a great deal of responsibility in ensuring the organisation of field sales engineers for 13 different European countries. My daily duties included administration for collections and delivery of all the products ordered and making sure that the products were delivered within a mandatory timeframe. I constantly maintained our two in-house databases. Arranged terms of payment with new customers, raised invoices monthly, issued credit notes when relevant, arranged discount structures for distributors and end users in and around Europe. Account management and general problem solving.
IT Recruitment Consultant
Compro Computer Services
July 1999 - February 2001
• Sales Support: This involved a variety of duties including screening and interviewing candidates for vacant positions, matching candidates to jobs and arranging the relevant interviews. Liasing between departments to ensure candidates where well matched to job description. I gained a wide range of skills mainly sales from cold calls to closing the business. I regularly collated sales leads to determine targets and reported these directly to the Sales Director.
• Accounts Assistant: I managed both the Purchase and Sales ledger, Credit Control and ensured time sheets where paid promptly. I also dealt with BACS, CHAPS payments and company banking.
Purchase to Pay
To implement a Purchase to Pay system within a government body
Qualifications & Certifications
St Joan of Arc Secondary School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more