extensive international programme management experience managing multi-million pound IT systems integration initiatives for the Computer Manufacturing industry and the Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Payments, Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Public sectors. This experience includes strategy development, product development, manufacturing, logistics, offshoring, development, deployment and support of complex software and hardware solutions. Successfully set up and managed several Global Programme Management Office (PMO)s from scratch, and am proficient in all aspects of Programme and Project Management.
From May 2010
IT Development/Resource Manager
• managed a team of developers and contractors who supported legacy systems migrations, development and production applications (e.g. FACETS, ICD-10, CareRadius, EDI). DB environments included ORACLE, Sybase, SQL Server, Sagent, Informatica.
YELLOW PEPPER (a Mobile Payments company), Miami, FL
• set up and managed the first corporate PMO across 11 countries in Latin America, the US, and the offshore development center in Vietnam for the company's 200 projects
• oversaw the development of mobile banking channels for banking clients and mobile payments for large suppliers and distributors
• participated in the transformation of the company from a project to a product oriented company
• developed and deployed processes and tools to increase the quality and delivery fidelity of the offshore SW Engineering organization
• implemented Clarity, a company-wide tool used for Project Management, Product Management, Project Portfolio Management, Incident Management, Change Request Management and Idea Management
GLOBAL COALITION FOR EFFICIENT LOGISTICS (GCEL), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For GCEL, an organization whose mission is to deliver global economic benefits through the development and deployment of a global e-Logistics system for freight and cargo:
• developed the requirements for the global e-Logistics System and its deployment.
• developed and managed an international Request for Proposal (RFP) to build and deploy this system. The RFP was issued to 32 international suppliers, 8 from each major region of the world.
The requirements for this system covered all areas of the supply chain and logistics- from raising the requisition to the movement and storage (including USTS) of raw materials, work-in-process inventory, and finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance globally. It covered all modes of...
Director of Continuous Improvement
March 1994 - May 2010
• participated in the definition, and the deployment of new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes and the Planview system to transform NCR's Engineering organization into a world-class Solutions Management, Marketing and Development organization.
• drove key transformation projects in various areas of PLM, including governance, metrics, cost reductions, revenue generation, quality improvement, and other key business drivers in NCR's Emerging businesses.
• set up and managed the Global Project Management Office (PMO) for a major company-wide strategic IT /Change Programme. This Programme consisted of reengineering the company's global software maintenance business while reducing costs, increasing customer satisfaction and revenue, transforming operational processes through the effective use of technical infrastructure, and transitioning the workforce to offshore locations.
Global Executive Programme Manager
• led the Financial Services Division (FSD) Global PMO. The FSD Global PMO provides governance to the business unit's 1,000 projects totaling over $1.5 billion. Types of systems implemented include ATM systems, Payment Systems, Item Processing Systems, Card Systems, Security Systems.
Examples of projects managed are:
o HSBC- Alignment of NCR services to better support Retail Banking requirements. This included the provision of check-deposit and non-check deposit ATMs, the development of the UI and its integration with the bank's host, and the review of the ATM maintenance agreements and SLAs.
o For a various Schedule B banks in Europe and Morocco, managed the development of a branch management system, and transitioned the development to a third party supplier.
o For ICBC, one of the largest banks in India, took over as project manager and recovered an ATM implementation project that had run into issues.
o For CIBC, one of Canada's largest banks, managed a project to implement an Item Processing System.
o For several banks in the US,...
April 1991 - March 1994
• managed a large system integration effort for the Canadian Post Office to implement a national Change-of-Address System across all mail sortation plants. The development team size was 100 strong and the development budget was $10 million. Raised the team CMMI capability from Level 1 to 3 over a period of 8 months.
ONTARIO MINISTRY OF HEALTH, Toronto, Ontario
• responsible for the development of a strategy and design of a province-wide network, supporting smart cards, to link approximately 40,000 health care providers across the province of Ontario. This network was evaluated at $100 million.
• managed the migration of all legacy systems at the Ontario Ministry of Health to cope with a new Health Insurance structure for the province's 10 million residents.
Vice President, Management Consulting Services
CGI Information Systems and Management Consultants
February 1986 - April 1991
• for the firm's clientele consisting mostly of Financial Services and Public Sector clients, delivered services including Corporate Strategy Development, Business Consulting, Requirements Analysis and Systems Design, Systems Development and Systems Integration. Most of these systems were in the Financial or Materials Management areas.
• member of the Ontario Board of Directors responsible for the governance of the firm's most strategic engagements. She also managed the merger and acquisition of two companies.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Ottawa
University of Ottawa
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more