I concluded my studies in 2006, having worked before that in 2004 as an electrical designer. I also taught some electricity classes during the time leading up to my graduation. Shortly after I concluded my studies I started working for Siemens as a Project Manager. On small projects I was responsible for a wide range of tasks such as project management, electrical design, site management and so on.
On larger projects, I mostly did site management and electrical design.
I have worked on projects in different kinds of industries: shipyards, water treatment plants, food and beverage, but mostly mining.
Currently, I’m working in the Ukraine near Chernobyl as a Senior Electrical Engineer doing mostly electrical design for a new confinement arch for reactor 4 of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant.
I am very determined, dynamic and as eager to learn as to share the knowledge I have gained these past few years.
Senior Electrical Engineer
From March 2013
(confinement arch for Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant )
Slavutych - Ukraine
• Type of business or sector Engineering
• Position held Senior Electrical Engineer
• Main activities and responsibilities Electrical planning of the arch and all facilities (buildings), such as cable routing, cable
dimensioning, power analysis, etc.
Consulting, Project Management, Site Management and electrical
Iberian Minerals Corp
planning in areas such as instrumentation, automation, electrical and communications
(fiber optics) at MATSA ( a Spanish mine belonging to the Iberian Minerals Corp.).
Main responsibilities as site manager:
- Responsible for all metal works needed for suspension of instrumentation and cable trays;
- Construction of cable trays according to paths, limits of the areas, classification of the areas, type and amount of cables;
- Cable mounting;
- Motor and instrument mounting;
- Wiring of cables such as for motors, instrumentation and automation;
- Mounting of electrical boards;
- Mounting of automation field hardware;
- Checking of all connections and tests;
- Revamping of old substation - Wiring of existing signals (and new ones) onto the new control system;
- Electrical designs (As Builts);
Project Manager and Site Manager
of all operations including
commissioning for the electrical and instrumentation installation of a pastefill plant at
Somincor Mines (belongs to the Lundin Mining Group). Planning of the construction of all the metal works needed for the mounting of all instrumentation, cable trays,
electrical boards and electrical rooms. Responsible also for the commissioning of the substation of the installation.
Project Manager and Site Manager of the electrical installation for a solar panel
factory in Vila do Conde belonging to Qimonda.
Site Manager of the rehabilitation of the Lisnave ship repair dock
Page - Curriculum vitae from -1- having worked mostly in high voltage (6kV-15kV). The dock had 30 year old oil
isolated high voltage cells that had to be reconstructed when possible or switched by dry cells when not possible to recover the old ones. Also had do build a high voltage
"redundancy ring" in order for it to be able to connect the substations to one another, both ways in case one had to be shut down.
Site Management and Electrical/Instrumentation Comissioning Engineer
for a water treatment plant in Guimarães. Comissioning of the substation as well,
being responsible for the electrical signal testing of the equipment.
Project Manager, Site Manager
April 2007 - December 2012
Rua Irmãos Siemens, n.º 1, Alfragide, 2720-093 Amadora, Portugal.
• Type of business or sector Industrial Projects and Maintenance
• Position held Manager
Project Manager, Site Manager.
• Main activities and responsibilities Management
Project Management and Site Management in electrical installations, iinstrumentation and automation for industrial plants.
Project Manager and Site Manager
of all operations including commissioning for the electrical and instrumentation modifications of the extension of a fertilizer plant in Setubal (SOPAC).
• 2007-2008 - Coordination of all operations during the rise up of the installation and ntejanas
commissioning of the Pirites Alentejanas Mines in Aljustrel (at the time belonging to the Lundin Mining Group). Such as for instrumentation and electrical installation inside the mine as also for the mineral treatment plant at the surface. During this project it te
was necessary to coordinate the electrical teams, the instrumentation teams and the metal works teams in order for all the works to be concluded at least in schedule and in consideration of all good practices. The works had to be coordinated in order of needs and also in order of main roles.
Rua Américo Durão
January 2006 - February 2007
Name and address of company KLMS - Engenharia e Manutenção, Lda.
Rua Américo Durão 18, 1ºC, Lisboa
1900-064 Lisboa, Portugal
Tel.: 00351 - 218487122
• Type of business or sector Electrical instalation projects and studies.
• Position held Electrical instalation planner
• Main activities and responsibilities Electrical instalations planning of 2 hotels and several housing buildings. Studied and did the
ACAD drawings and all power calculations for the buildings
Hertziana - Instalações Eléctricas, Lda
February 2005 - December 2005
Name and address of company Hertziana - Instalações Eléctricas, Lda.
Rua Amilcar Cabral, 1 Loja B, Setubal - 2900-220 Setubal, Portugal.
• Type of business or sector Electrical Instalations and Maintenance
• Position held Project Manager
• Main activities and responsibilities Project Management and technically responsible for all the electrical instalations of the company. Electrical instalations for houses and electrical instalations for EDP ( national power
Arsenal do Alfeite, SA
September 2004 - July 2005
Page - Curriculum vitae from -2- [ Pestana, Luis Manuel Silva da Camara ]
• Date From September 2004 until July 2005.
• Name and address of company Arsenal do Alfeite, SA.
Alfeite, Base Naval de Lisboa
• Type of business or sector Portuguese Navy
• Position held Electricity teacher
• Main activities and responsibilities Responsable for electricity classes.
Qualifications & Certifications
Escola Superior de Tecnologia de Setubal
Campus do Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal