Claim you profile
Litigation Executive (defendant, fraud department)
Horwich Farrelly Solicitors
October 2012 - October 2013
• Managing own caseload of litigated files with fraudulent issues
• Dealing with all procedural steps and responding to correspondence in a timely manner
• Reviewing available evidence to establish the extent of both parties' liability
• Investigating, gathering evidence and requesting further information (Part 35, Part 18 CPR) in order to establish strengths and weaknesses of the case
• Making decisions as to potential settlement of the case or taking it further to trial
• Checking relevant case law and making Part 36 / calderbank offers on damages
• Assessing applicable costs and making appropriate offers, drafting schedules of costs
• Making various applications at appropriate stage
• Arranging medical appointments and preparing witness statements
• Drafting instructions to counsel (including instructions for trial)
• Managing time in an effective manner with organisational skills and use of case management system
• Assisting colleagues with translation of legal documentation from Polish to English. Contacting Polish speaking policyholders in their native language
• Taking part in internal trainings
InterEurope AG European Law Service
September 2009 - October 2012
/ claims assistant responsible for opening new cases and helping claims handlers with various tasks. I was fast promoted to the claims handler and given own caseload.
• Managing my own caseload. Dealing with claims on behalf of foreign insurers (defendant), both green card (accident in UK) and 4th directive (accident abroad); pre and post litigated. Authority to deal with files with maximum value of up to £50,000. Dealing with all aspects of RTA cases including personal injury, loss of earnings, credit hire, vehicle and property damage, other special damages. Dealing with fraudulent cases (bogus passengers, LVI etc.)
• Assessing jurisdiction, applicable law and ensuring all relevant, necessary documents are requested.
• Gathering and reviewing available evidence to establish the extent of both parties' liability
• Assessing damages, reviewing provided by claimant documentation in order to comment on quantum
• Making appropriate offers on damages and costs
• Entering into telephone negotiations in order to achieve best possible economical results. Liaising with third-party solicitors, insurers, accident management firms and own clients
• Manage own case load of litigated files and providing nominated solicitors with instructions
• Advising clients about the complex areas of UK law and procedures, present position of the file, further possible steps and associated costs. Answering to the clients' queries and handling complains
• Dealing with claims in an efficient way with a high degree of proficiency and ensuring that the company targets are met
• Issuing cheques and invoicing the clients. Maximising revenue and regularly meeting monthly targets (financial and quality)
• Taking part in conference with Counsel on behalf of client's insured regarding a fraud file.
• Visits to Cobden House, shadowing Counsel in the Court
• Contacting Polish clients in their native language and assisting colleagues with translation of legal documentation.
• Preparing presentations for...
Coming to UK
November 2007 - August 2009
various temporary positions
designer / sale representative (temporary position)
January 2007 - May 2007
• Working under pressure to meet tight deadlines and targets
• Responsible for arranging stock displays, stock rotation and merchandising of new products
• Extensive liaison with customers and suppliers dealing with queries and enquiries
• Representing company and promoting products at the trade fayres/exhibitions
• Working within a busy team environment and providing support to work colleagues
• Handling and resolving complaints
• Designing business cards, catalogues, glass doors, tables, walls etc to specific requirements
Telecom Partners Sp.z.o.o
October 2005 - October 2007
• Designing business cards, leaflets, posters, catalogues, gadgets to mobiles, creating new patterns
• Making sure that deadlines are met and clients are happy with the quality of design
• Negotiating prices of projects, dealing with clients' queries, amending projects to the specific requirements
Qbi Polska Bertrand Jasinski
July 2004 - October 2007
• Providing support and reporting to the Managing Director
• Preparing financial statements summarising work of the team on the promotion / sales campaign
• Taking part in recruiting and training new team members
• Booking travel, car hire and accommodation for the team
• Making sure that the team is fully supplied with the promotional materials / products and making appropriate arrangements/orders if necessary to make sure that the company financial targets are met
• Resolving conflicts and ensuring care of the friendly atmosphere within the team
F.H. Miroslawa Kluska
February 2003 - September 2005
• Designing furniture to specific requirements
• Liaising with customers, making measurements in their own houses if necessary
• Extensive liaison with furniture makers and suppliers, valuing a final product and negotiating prices
• Ensuring deadlines met and clients happy with quality of products
• Dealing with client's queries / complaints
• Designing marketing materials for the firm (leaflets, business cards etc)
I would like to expand my legal knowledge in a professional environment.
Qualifications & Certifications
Visual Communication/Graphic Design
Academy of Fine Art
visual communication / graphic design
University of Trade
IT and English
Adam Mickiewicz High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more