Claim you profile
University of Nottingham
October 2013 - July 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom. Conducting research about cell polarity and maintenance of tissue integrity through the confocal microscope Leica and fluorescence techniques.
Andrology Laboratory, Fertility Unit, East Block, Queen Medical Center
January 2013 - May 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom. Conducting research about the effects of plastic and glass on the sperm once in contact with the sample. Among them, those regarding sperm motility and vitality, through a specific sperm analysis software. During this period, I conducted sperm cryopreservation, sperm analysis, and spermogram, using the most up-to-date techniques in use in the Andrology Laboratory cited above.
Full time English
Academic English IELTS Exam. At the "NCN college"
September 2012 - January 2013
City I attended an Academic English full-time course where I had the possibility to improve my English and preparing the IELTS exam.
Full time waitress and receptionist
September 2012 - August 2013
Here I was able to take customers orders, to accommodate customers, clear and rearrange the tables.
Diagnostic Biological Lab
March 2012 - September 2012
Acquaviva delle Fonti (BA) Italy.
I acquired expertise in Blood analysis, Urine analysis, Cell culture, Villocentesis, Amniocentesis,
culture of fetal cells, culture of umbilical cord cells, PCR, RT-PCR, electrophoresis, Haemochrome, spermiogram.
During my Post-Graduate internship
Final year research project, S.I.S.Me.R gynecological clinic
March 2011 - October 2011
at the gynecological clinic "S.I.S.Me.R" and throughout my Post-Graduate thesis, I aimed to study the physiological sperm cell's structure, and the effect that the cryopreservation of sperm cells makes on the birefringency of the cell sperm, using the Polarization inverted microscope" LeicaDMI3000B". I acquired expertise in: cryopreservation techniques; spermogram, swim-up, use of Polarization inverted microscope; treatment of the sperm cell during the ICSI (Intracytoplasmatic Sperm Injection). I also analyzed the variation of particular genes expression in the sperm cells, before and after the cryopreservation.
• RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, real-time quantitative PCR, Immunofluorescence (IF) double staining, use of cryostat and fluorescence microscopy, basic training in the use of confocal microscopy, Cryopreservation techniques, spermogram, swim-up, IVF, ICSI, measurement of reactive oxygen species, electrophoresis.
"Miulli" Hospital, Department of Pathology
September 2010 - March 2011
Acquaviva delle Fonti (BA), Italy.
I acquired expertise in Blood analysis, Urine analysis, Cell culture, PCR, RT-PCR, electrophoresis, Haemochrome, Bacterial cultures, PT, PTT.
During my Bachelor Degree internship
April 2009 - October 2009
of the Department of Pathology at the University of Biotechnological Sciences. University of Bari (Italy).
During my Bachelor Degree internship at the Virology Laboratory of the Department of Pathology, and throughout my Bachelor Degree thesis, I aimed to study the correlation between Swine Corona Virus and Human Corona Virus, and the diffusion of infection. In addition, I compared the length of some envelope's genes of the Swine Corona Virus with the Human Corona Virus envelope's genes.
• Cell culture, Western blotting, transfection, immunoprecipitation, transformation, DNA purification, RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, real-time quantitative PCR, Qualitative PCR, Immunoblotting.
Part time Waitress
Pizzeria Restaurant "IL PRINCIPE", Acquaviva
June 2002 - February 2005
delle fonti (BA), Italy. Here I was able to take customers orders, to accommodate customers, clear and rearrange the tables.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Intermediate command of RASMOL, basic command of Alchemy
• IELTS Exam
• Excellent knowledge of English
• Competent user of laboratory-analysis equipment; work well under stress and time limits; skills in dealing with the public and patients, I learnt how to work in team with competence, enthusiasm and care
• Willingness, commitment and my passion for scientific subjects, allowed me to obtain the highest mark in a Master degree in Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Biology at the University of Bari, Italy.
• I really love the Andrology and In Vitro fertilization fields, because they are intended to improve people's procreative capacity, which may be affected by a variety of factors. This means life for me.
Qualifications & Certifications
Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Biology
University of Biotechnological sciences
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more