Life & Underwriting Administrator
Medical Assurance Society
August 2009 - April 2013
Medical Assurance Society is a New Zealand membership-based organisation that has supported professionals with their personal and business financial needs for 90 years. As a mutual organisation, the number one priority is meeting the needs of 22,000 members. There are seven branches in New Zealand and the Head office is located in Johnsonville.
Life Department handles the end-to-end process of a Life and Income Security insurance application. Use Insurance Face (IF) system to handle all the Life and Income Security policies. Genesis is the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and use Electronic Data Management System
• Prepared all new business documents and renewals for all Life Insurance and Income Security policies within agreed service standards.
• Completed all mid-term adjustments such as payment method changes, decrease of Sum Insured/Benefits, changing of the ownerships, etc.
• Handled Member and Advisor inquiries when necessary over the phone and through emails.
• Prepared quotations to Advisors for Life and Income Security policies.
• Followed-up medical requirements from the medical centers and the external service providers such as "Konnect" and followed up members for further requirements.
• Prepared offer of terms and exclusion/ defer letters if necessary.
• Maintained the Over Terminating Age reports and renew the policies (manually) on time.
• Reconciled credit balance listing report weekly and issued refund cheques for the cancellations, reductions and overpayments. This needed to investigate three systems to figure out what actually had been happened.
• Prepared month end statistics for the management.
• Prepared user manuals and help the team with all the daily problems occur in the system currently use.
• Initiated using a system functionality in Insurance Face (IF) system to reduce the duplicate work in Life department.
• Actively involved in user acceptance testing (UAT).
• Involved in a project to make the...
General Insurance Scheme
May 2007 - August 2009
General Insurance department handles Motor Vehicles, Domestic and Business Interruption policies.
• Looked after and supported two branches (out of seven) for all General Insurance products.
• Issued policies and handled renewals.
• Carried out credit balance listing report and issued any refund cheques.
• Prepared documents for "daily scanning" uploaded the images and profiled them to the system.
• General filling.
Receptionist & Administration Assistant
Market Gardeners Limited
June 2006 - December 2006
Market Gardens Limited is a company who supply all fresh produces for supermarkets. This was a 6 month fixed term agreement to provide cover during a period of staff absence.
• Answered the telephones and handled all customer inquiries.
• Handled the system called TIMS and did various data entry work.
• Sorted daily mail and distributed.
• Handled Accounts receivable, accounts payable and Banking.
• Handled all the other administration work.
Flexiv Micro Systems (Pvt) Limited, Sri Lanka - www.flexiv.lk
Accounts Assistant /Asst. Manager
Flexiv Micro Systems
December 2000 - December 2002
is a leading software development company operates in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh that develops Point of Sales, General Ledger, Wholesale and Manufacturing applications.
• Handled the general ledger and payroll and provided management information as and when required.
• Fully involved getting final accounts for auditors and prepared documentations.
• Familiar with GST returns and PAYE tax returns.
• Handled Accounts Receivebles and Accounts Payables.
• Monthly Bank Reconciliation
• Managed staff of 15 and attended day- to-day office work.
• Implemented credit control processes to collect overdue payments.
• Responsible for handling petty cash.
Sri Lanka Insurance Corporation Limited, Sri Lanka - www.srilankainsurance.com
Sri Lanka Insurance
April 1995 - August 1995
is a leading insurance company in Sri Lanka providing all Life and General insurances. I joined this company soon after the graduation in Mathematics and joined as a trainee Actuarial Assistant.
• Calculated premiums for group life insurance policies and critical illness policies.
• Underwrite proposals for Group Life insurance schemes.
• Prepared reinsurance documents for group life insurance policies and Critical Illness cover policies.
• Prepared final accounts.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more