Research in integratiation oral health care of HIV patients into the primary health system
Senior Director Job
A well qualified and experienced officer offering more than twenty years vast experience in health administration at various levels of the Kenya's Health Sector. Her experience and international goodwill is evidenced by various international awards she has earned such as the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship, WHO scholarship, AIDS Fonds and NUFFIC Scholarship. In these awards Dr. Lucina has interacted internationally both in developed and developing countries. She has progressed to her current position as a Senior Director Job group R - Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, deployed as District Medical Officer of Health for the past 8 years, through her professional experience and achievements as outlined below:
From 2005 to Date - District Medical Officer of Health in various districts in Nairobi County (Embakasi, Nairobi East District and currently Njiru District), she has 9 years experience in leadership and management of health services as well as resource mobilization:
• Head of the District Health Management Team (DHMT)
• Promotion and administration of health services
• District Health Planning - in collaboration with district health management team and health sector stakeholders
• Emergency planning and response
• Monitoring and evaluation of health programs
• Trainer of Trainers in various health programs in addition to coordinating of trainings / continuous Medical Education (CMEs) for health care workers.
• Staff recruitment - such as through the Constituency Development Fund (CDF), provincial administration.
• Supervision, monitoring and evaluation of staff performance
• Coordination of research activities
• Resource mobilization - in collaboration with the health sector stakeholders
• Financial management - management and accountability of government and donor funded health projects/activities
• Implementation of Community Health Strategy
Her work in this capacity earned her WHO and NUFFIC scholarships to do various...
Senior Dental Officer
Starehe Boys' Centre -Deployed by the Ministry of Health
in charge of community and school children's health program (Starehe Boys' Centre -Deployed by the Ministry of Health)
• Initiating and establishing a school children's (oral) health program in collaboration with the MOOR foundation, Save the children's' fund and Colgate Palmolive. The program catered for over 1000 needy pupils from severely disadvantaged backgrounds, the staff and their families. She took initiatives to mainstream health care of HIV positive staff and students into the schools' health care system. Later the program expanded to the community in a high HIV prevalent slum, Majengo where she participated in medical outreaches.
• Advocacy for safe drinking water due to dental fluorosis among the staff children. This led to the provision of piped water in addition to the borehole which had been the main source of water.
Her work in this program, earned her a Joint Japan World Bank Graduate scholarship
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of Nairobi University
Kenya Institute of Administration
National University of Rwanda
Health Education and Public
World Health Organization Collaboration Centre
Addis Ababa University
control and management of HIV/ STI
University of Nairobi
University of Nairobi
Royal Tropical Institute
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more