Coal, Iron ore, Chrome, Gold etc. Field-loving geologist. Extensive field exploration experience from desktop studies, target identification, borehole siting, field mapping, GPS skills, 4x4 off roading, diamond drilling, percussion and RC drilling monitoring,supervision, geophysical log correlations, extensive core logging, sampling and laboratory liason, data capturing, mentoring of Juniors. ArcGIS software, EXCEL, WORD, Basic Datamine.Ready to travel or relocate. Good team player.
Exploration Geologist Coal,Iron Ore,Gold
Coal ,gold, iron ore, manganese,exploration geology
Senior Exploration Geologist
Various exploration projects in gold,iron ore, chrome, coal, limestone since the year 2000. Been to several different geological environments. Very keen to travel and prepared to relocate. Can work as a member of a team. Very good ability to mentor juniors. Knowledge of computers include ArcGIS,GOLDEN SURFER, basic DATAMINE, Minesoft Geobase.
Keen to learn more geological softwares.
SUMMARISED CURRICULUM VITAE
First Name : Lovemore Last Name : Mauled
Date of Birth: 22 July 1976 Sex : Male
Nationality : Zimbabwean Marital Status : Married with 2 children.
Telephone : +27 71 980 1399 Email 1 : email@example.com
Email 2 : firstname.lastname@example.org Skype name : lovemore.mauled
Address : 48 Atlanta Complex, Mulder St/Bothril Rd, Rooihuiskraal, Centurion 0157, Pretoria, South Africa
9 Cambridge GCE ‘0’ Level passes 1993 (Rakodzi High School, Marondera, Zimbabwe).
Cambridge GCE Advanced (A) Level passes 1996 (Mount Pleasant High School, Harare, Zimbabwe)
3 year Diploma in Mining and Exploration Geology, Zimbabwe School of Mines (1998-2000).
Senior Exploration Geologist
Current Company (January 2012 to present) : Agere Project Management (a subsidiary of Minxcon Pty Ltd, South Africa).
• Leading a team of 2 junior geologists and 2 geological technicians.
• Projects worked on (partially/wholly) include:
1. Coal bed methane or gas data research in preparation for a possible coal gas exploitation project.
2. Chrome resources and reserves due diligence for Zimbabwe Alloys Chrome Ltd (January- May 2012) in Zimbabwe.
3. Mozambique, Nampula Iron Ore desktop studies and report (2012).
4. Platfields Ltd and Anglo-Platinum Tigerpoort platinum model evaluation and report 2012.
5. Updating and development of company exploration protocols (Standard Operating Procedures). Supervising Junior Geologists in the preparations and presentation, to Department of Minerals and Energy, of various prospecting right renewals and Annual reports for various clients.
Company Year Position Mineral Commodity and Duties Summary
Casmyn Mining Ltd (Zimbabwe)
Turk mine and
Dawn mine, Zimbabwe
**Bulawayo-Bubi Archean Greenstone belt. 1998 Vacation Student Gold
Reported to Consulting Geologist.
• Introduction to underground geology work such as channel sampling, traversing, structural mapping, underground gold reef mapping, ground monitoring. Surface exploration work including(but not limited to) soil sampling, core logging and field mapping,etc.
Anglo-American Corporation (Zimbabwe)
McCays Mines, Zimbabwe
**Bulawayo-Bubi Archean Greenstone belt. 1999-2000 Vacation Student (Exploration) Gold
Reported to Senior Geologist and Section Geologist
• Soil sampling, anomaly identification,trenching, percussion drilling supervison, monitoring and data reporting. Percussion pulp logging, samples despatch and results analysis and synthesis.
• Did a project on McCays Mine Extension which later saw the opening of an open pit mine for gold extraction.
Canister Resources Ltd (Zimbabwe)
Tsholotsho Exclusive Prospecting Order/ Concession, Zimbabwe
**Archean Greenstone Belt under thick Kalahari sand cover. 2000-2001 Field Geologist and Head of Hydro-geochem team. (Exploration) Gold and Diamond
Reported to Senior Field Geologist.
• Led, and supervised, the hydrogeochemical sampling team in a very large and extensive prospecting area covered by thick Kalahari sand layers on the surface overlying Archean greenstone belts hosting Au mineralisation. Trained 10 field officers on soil sampling and GPS uses.
• Field mapping to identify structures related to possible kimberlite pipes with geological consultants who visited our projects.
• Assisted geology consultants in the field.
• Worked as assistant field camp supervisor.
• Despatched samples to lab.
Peimen Geological Consultants, Zimbabwe 2001 Field Geologist Gold, Tantalite, Coal, Chrome.
Reported to the Director
• Did geological reports for small scale miners and prospectors for gold,coal,tantalite,chrome and black granite resources.
• Organised artisanal miners into functional groups to help reduce their influence on large scale operations.
• Field mapping of tantalite bearing pegmatites.
• Assisted in the production of Environmental Impact Assessments reports.
• Resource estimations
Rift Mineral Resources
• Midwinter mine
• Step Lively mine
• Thistle Etna exploration
**Chegutu-Kadoma Archean Greenstone Belt
2002-2003 Project Geo-technician (Exploration)
(Senior Management) Gold.
Reporting to the Director.
• Brownfields exploration for gold at Midwinter and Step Lively mines.
• Greenfields exploration at Thistle Etna.
• Drilling planning and borehole siting.
• Ground clearance for drilling
• GPS field mapping
• Liasing with Site Metallurgist.
• Auger sampling of mines’ dumps to determine gold content.
• Reverse Circulation (RC) drilling monitoring, logging, sampling and Supervision.
• Drill pulp sampling
• Diamond drilling, logging and sampling.
• Cross Sections
• Alluvials sampling
• Trenching anomalies in alluvials.
• Pitting and pit mapping.
• Training of field officers and
Managed a team of 8 field officers and 2 Geological assistants.
Buchwa Iron Mining Company ( ZISCO STEEL)
• Ripple Creek Iron ore mine,
• Buchwa iron ore mine,
• Mwanesi (Manisi) iron ore range
• Redcliff Limestone and Dolomitic limestone mine and various other limestone projects,
• Nyakadecha manganese claims near Zimbabwe-Mozambique border in Nyamapanda,
• Morocco manganese
• Sheffield manganese claims.
• Beitbridge coal claims
2003-2006 Senior Geo-technician and Exploration Supervisor
(Middle management) Iron ore, Limestone, Coal, Manganese, Kaolin, Ochre (Red Oxide)
Reporting to Chief Geologist and Technical Services Manager.
• Near-mine exploration drilling supervision, monitoring and reporting.
• Core and percussion drill logging.
• In-house laboratory liaisoning.
• Iron Ore Screen tests monitoring.
• Checking blended ore for homogeneity.
• Head-grade ore sampling
• Tail-grade ore sampling
• Marginal ores sampling and dump allocations.
• Outcrop sampling.
• Outcrop mapping
• Daily production tonnages and grades monitoring and reporting.
• Data capturing, recording and reporting.
• Screen sampling of aggregate (limestone, agri-maglimestone and quarry stones.
• Piezometer (hydro-geological monitoring) readings and recordings.
• Grade control sampling.
• Greenfields exploration for more iron ore and limestone resources at Manisi Iron ore range and other iron ore concessions.
• Claims/concessions database management.
• Greenfields manganese ore exploration
• Red oxide exploration and grade control.
• Kaolin resources identification and delineation
• Coal exploration
• Waste dumps’ monitoring with Surveyor.
• Training junior personnel
• Supervising draughtsman.
• Corporate Social Responsibility diversification projects such as paint making/production trials.
• Burnt lime sampling.
• Assisting Chief geologist with ore-block identification prior to liaison with mining and survey crews.
• Leading safety and health talks.
• Participating in planning meetings as part of middle management.
• Participating in house-keeping and safety audits.
Tuli Coal Ltd (Zimbabwe)
( Tuli Basin near Beitbridge , Zimbabwe-South Africa border) 2006-2008 Exploration Project Geologist
(Senior management) COAL
Reporting to Technical Services Manager.
• Open pit mining control and guidance to mining department and surveyors (block delineation)
• Grade control sampling
• Assisting in drill hole planning
• Drill hole siting
• Working in conjunction with the drilling managers and site supervisors.
• Near mine exploration drilling, supervision and monitoring
• All diamond drill core logging in the field.
• Field data capturing and presentation
• Drill core sampling and despatch to laboratory.
• Drilling summary preparations
• Cross sections
• Geological mapping
• Open pit mapping of seams and structures such faults, folds, dykes and sills.
• Training of field assistants and vacation students.
• Sat in management meetings for planning, production and all other relevant meetings.
Delta Mining Consolidated Ltd (South Africa)
Projects done include:
• Limpopo coal project,
• Rietkuil (Delmas) coal project,
• Vryheid coal due diligence.
• Slater coal due diligence project,
• Springbokflats coal and uranium exploration
• Gulukwane Iron ore exploration in Thabazimbi (North West province)
• Great Dyke South Chrome project, Mberengwa, Mashava, Zvishavane areas.
• Great Dyke north Chrome Project (Norton, Darwendale areas).
• Lubu coalfield (Binga) project.
• Lubimbi/Hankano coal field project (Gwayi River) Zimbabwe.
West Africa. (Liberia)
• Wologizi mountain (Liberia-Guinea border) iron ore project,
• Timbo iron ore project
• Bopolu iron ore project
2008 to 10 October,2011 Senior Geologist Exploration. Coal, Uranium, Chrome, Iron ore
Reporting to Chief Geologist.
• Desktop studies
• Greenfields exploration for coal, uranium, chrome and iron ore
• Geophysical maps studies.
• Resource evaluation drilling
• Core logging
• Core photography
• Core Sampling
• Geophysical logging contractors monitoring.
• Geophysics and borehole log correlations and interpretations
• Data capturing and data entry.
• Creating links with government/ Geological Survey Offices’ officials.
• Preparing and writing annual reports (to government) for work carried out on projects.
• Samples instructions preparations for laboratory
• Samples despatches and laboratory liaisoning
• Results synthesis.
• Data validations
• Preparation of drilling data summaries for modelling with Surfer software. ( Datamine for chief geologist)
• Coal Seam modelling with Surfer.
• Isopachyte map productions
• Interaction with consultants geologists and surveyors.
• Percussion drilling supervision, logging and sampling for Iron ore and coal resources.
• RC (reverse circulation) drilling, monitoring and supervision for iron ore resources.
• Field mapping and Helicopter-aided reconnaissance.
Learning new computer software packages such as Geolog and Micromine GBIS.
• Rietkuil project in Delmas project is now at advanced Bankable Feasibility Study stage awaiting a Mining Rights licence whose application has since been lodged with the Department of Mining and Energy.
GPS knowledge Off-road driving experience Geological Desktop studies
Area selection Project Planning Drill hole planning
Drill hole siting Exploration Drilling supervision Drilling monitoring
RC Drilling logging Percussion Drill Chips logging Diamond Core drill logging
Core photography Core/Chip Sampling Geophysical log interpretations
Samples Despatch Data Capture and analysis Data Summaries for modelling
Geological/Technical Reporting Attention to detail Geological modelling using Surfer
Very Good Command of the English Language Mineral Claims Tenure management
Geological mapping Geological Cross Sections Data validations
Ability to mentor juniors Greenfields Exploration experience Brown fields experience
Project due diligence Diversification projects
COMPUTER SOFT WARES .
MS WORD MS EXCEL MAPSOURCE
GEOLOG ROCKWORKS GOOGLE –EARTH
MICROMINE GBIS (BASIC) ARCGIS/ARCVIEW (BASIC) GOLDEN SURFER
MINESOFT-GEOBASE. ** Very keen to learn new softwares
ASSOCIATE OF THE ZIMBABWE SCHOOL OF MINES (ORDINARY MEMBER)
GEOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF SOUTH AFRICA. (GSSA)
• Best Geology student awards ( x2)
• Best Economic and Structural Geology student award
• Best Management student award
• 3rd Best overall student (year 2000)
• Team building and Development for managers’ Certificate
• Time management Certificate for managers.
AVAILABILTY : 2 Months’ Notice
RELOCATION : WILLING TO RELOCATE/TRAVEL
• Valid driver’s licence
• Valid passport
• Valid Quota work permit to work in South Africa
• Personal Transport.
• Able to work well in a team or as an individual
• Excellent ability to train juniors
• Safety conscious
• Defensive Driving and 4 X 4 driving certificate.
1. Mr Pierre Coetzer
Projects and SHERQ Manager
Delta Mining Consolidated
P.O BOX 31330,
Cell : +27 82 452 3335
Email : email@example.com
2. Mr Roman Sczcecina
Delta Mining Consolidated
P.O BOX 31330,
Telephone : +27 11 691 6720
Cell : +27 73 183 2121
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mr Ditlof Van Niekerk
Cell: +27 73 015 8955 or +27828725984
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more