- Full time
- Part time
- One time
IFRS and GAAP
• Preparation of financial statements according to IFRS and GAAP
• Preparation of financial and management reports and interpretation thereof on a monthly and yearly basis
• Reviewing General ledger reconciliations.
• Participate in the yearly organizational budgeting process as well as preparation and analysis of variance including interpretation thereof.
• Participate in the finance department financial control oversight meetings on a monthly basis
• Participate in the internal control review committee for the stores to review and monitor adherence to company policy
• Preparation and submitting of SARS returns - VAT201&EMP201
• Preparation of foreign supplier's reconciliations.
• Preparation of year end proper audit files and attending to external auditors queries
• Provide ad hoc reports when required. Handling of queries relating to the financial reporting.
• Responsible for a team of 4 clerks
• Responsible for ensuring workloads are managed to meet the finance department goals, priorities and the deadlines
• Shadowing the finance manager duties including meetings
2) Refresh Industries
A medium sized company into food manufacturing - dairy juices as and related products
Summary of duties
Responsible for the overall accounting function and managing a team of 3 finance clerks
3) TOTAL Zimbabwe 2007-2008
Leading French based multi-national company in the fuel industry specializing in storage, transportation and marketing of fuel, oil and lubricant products.
Position Graduate Trainee-Accounting and Finance
Summary of Duties
Underwent an intensive training programme during which I rotated through the main accounting departments namely creditors, debtors, finance, treasury and stock department.
• Prepared accounting entries
• Bank reconciliation, Ledger entries
• Made entries of invoices
• Reviewed and corrected accounting entries
• Reconciled discrepancies
• Generated financial reports
• Stock reconciliation
• Daily bank and cash reconciliations and reporting
• Checked invoices with payments made
• Ad hoc administrative functions
• Filing and documentation