Upliftment and improving of standards in education. Development of human resources and management and leadership of a team. Good in interpersonal relationships. Passion for management in education.
Synergy amongst staff members
6.2 Partnership with SIS and MOA - relating to businesses investing in education.
6.3 Partnership with Petra Diamonds - Cullinan Mine
7. Over the recent years I found myself in the privileged situation of personal growth and expanding my boundaries in education. Starting a new secondary school had many challenges. I stood focused and did not allow myself to become distracted by difficult challenges. The following is lessons I've learned:
7.1 Discipline is of utmost importance if you want to create an atmosphere of learning and teaching, and to set standards in an institution.
7.2 Synergy amongst staff members. As different cultures get together we had to accept and honor the differences and work as a team to benefit the learners. Through induction and continuous uplifting the morale of educators, success can be achieved. The implementation of IWSE, IEMS and PMDS, is an integral part in being an educator at Lesedi Secondary School.
7.3 Learner motivation became a daily task.
7.4 I started various community projects such as: upliftment programmes for the parents, together with the Rotarians a Library and computer centre was initiated.
7.5 Staff Development - through various meetings and workshops with educators, I am excited about the educators that were promoted as HOD's and Principals and even at District level as officials.
8. SCHOOL ACADEMIC INTERVENTION PROGRAMMES
The following programmes were implemented:
1. Reading programmes (workshop)
2. Character Building programmes.
3. Intervention programmes to guide educators in reaching own personal goals and for learners to achieve success.
4. Learners Motivational programmes.
5. Yearly incentive and motivational programmes for educators through personal sponsors.
6. Saturday school.
7. Implementing study methods.
8. School Development Plan, School Improvement Plan, Training and Developing Educators are a passion to me. (Internal Whole School Evaluation)
9. Interview parents on...
Tshwane South College
Partnership with Tshwane South College for FET with Lesedi Secondary School. This is a stakeholder project where leadership is needed. As the present academic curriculum of the school may need to be transformed into a curriculum that would address the socio-economic needs of the learners in the community.
Conference in Cape Town
Representing Gauteng North at the 7th International Principals Conference in Cape Town.
PRINCIPAL AT LESEDI
English Medium PRETORIA
7. CONTRIBUTION AND EXPERIENCE IN EDUCATION
Principal of Lesedi
and established a new Secondary School. Appointing of teachers, Head of Departments and Deputy Principal. Set streaming and subject choices.
3. 2004 - Speaker at the 5th Educationally Speaking Conference in Johannesburg on: Transformation from the old to the new dispensation in Education.
4. 2005 - Acknowledgement was given for contribution made in Leadership and Management Manuals for Leadership and Management Course for new Principals.
PRINCIPAL AT PRIMARY SCHOOL
Donkerhoek Primary School
Implementing a system for multigrade-teaching in primary school within the economical background of Donkerhoek Primary School.
PRIMARY SCHOOL KABEGAPARK
OWNER AND MANAGER
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
PRIMARY SCHOOL SKUILKRANS
PRIMARY SCHOOL HERMANSTAD
TWO MERIT AWARDS IN
Qualifications & Certifications
Fundamental of Financial Management for School leaders
UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA
COLLEGE FOR FURTHER
COLLEGE FOR EDUCATION
COLLEGE FOR EDUCATION
Understand School Management and leadership in the South African context
school development and governance
UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG