Nationally gained management experience, gives a wide ranging knowledge, and experience base, specifically:
- A positive believe that I can make a difference in the new work-environment, combining qualifications and experience gained.
- An ability to speak read and write in two of the official Western Cape languages, namely Afrikaans and English.
- The fact that the position is directly responsible for rendering a dynamic and effective service.
- Grade 12
- Business Administration & Management Short Programme (Damelin)
- Gardening & Horticulture (Intec College)
- PlaterBoilermaker (Department of Labour)
- Welder (Department of Labour)
- Junior Management Course (City Council of Pretoria - Premos)
- Basic Project Management Workshop (City Council of Pretoria - Premos)
- Vehicle-mounted Hydraulic Crane 5Ton Operator (City Council of Pretoria)
- Chainsaw Operator (City Council of Pretoria)
- Cherry Picker Operator (City Council of Pretoria)
- Chipper (City Council of Pretoria)
- Forklift Truck (LEIB-Pro Driving Academy CC)
o Attachment A give a full description of all the qualifications
2.2 Code Driver`s License:
In possession of an A and EC1 licence, fully unendorsed.
2.3 Computer Literate:
Previous experience includes full utilization of:
- Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Inter- and Intranet.
- Quickbooks (Sales Management Software)
- Supertime (Timesheet Program)
2.4 Good communication skills:
Developing - problem solving
From July 2007
- Factory Production and Project Manager
- Day to day management of 35 (plus) depending on the projects
o In terms of:
Supervising all projects from drawing board to final installation.
Ordering of materials for a certain project.
Production schedules and statistics
Quality Control, line assembly and electronics
Able to motivate staff to hit targets within defined periods of time, within budget
Identifying & developing team leadership potential in existing personnel.
o Liaison with MEIBC on collective work agreements
o Liaison with Suppliers and Customers
o Planning stock movements
o General Admin Office Duties (phones, faxing, filing, accounted)
o Data Capturing – Timesheets using the Super time program
o Cost Analysis
o Management Reports utilising primarily the Microsoft Office programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
o Maintaining of Sales records using the QuickBooks program
Boilermaker and Yard Manager
KleinhansKlip& Sand Strand and FEDS Somerset West
May 2006 - September 2006
Employment Date: May 2006 to September 2006
Position: Boilermaker and Yard Manager
- Building crasher and Pack Yard Manager
o Stock Taking
o Stock Control
Reason for Leaving: Better work opportunities at Packhouse Dynamics.
City of Tshwane Urban Forestry, Pretoria
June 1998 - July 2005
Urban Forestry and Horticulture Teams
- Supervisor to pruning team encompasses the following:
o Pro-active planting of new indigenous trees in pre-determined areas
o Operational maintenance of municipal properties regarding cutting of trees for safety and to guide the trees in a suitable form.
o Reactive Planning (Maintenance) by removing of "Alien" species of trees on road reserves and municipal properties as well as the pruning of new indigenous trees.
o Logistical Support of information flow, material handling, production,
o Day to day on the job training in Safety aspects of tree cutting and general safety
o Applying of Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act No. 85 of 1993) within Urban Forestry in the day to day activities
o Stock Control of chainsaws, hand tools, spares and vehicles regarding day to day operations in the parks department
o Scheduling and organizing of trucks for maintenance and cleaning up operations
o Reactive Assistance and liaison with electrical, water and traffic departments with tree related problems
o Customer care and liaison with the public in respect of complaints of tree management to ensure a dynamic and effective service to the community.
Reason for Leaving: Relocated to Cape Town
Various positions as per restructuring
September 1980 - April 1997
Due to ISCOR's restructuring during the years:
- Laboratory Assistant (Environmental Pollution Management)
- Machinist (Rigging manufacturing and maintenance)
- Steel Mill Operations
- Security Implementations
Reason for Leaving: Retrenched due to restructuring
South African Railways
January 1979 - August 1980
- Shunting of trains
- Quartermaster duties
- Supplies control
Reason for Leaving:Called up for Military Service.
Qualifications & Certifications
Gardening & Horticulture
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more