Technical writer chiefly in the fields of Software and Electronics
Lios Technologies Inc
June 2013 - March 2014
• Write installation procedure for NRC's equipment
• Update disaster recovery response procedures for Ivanhoé Cambridge
• Follow up on team members to ensure information is accurate and complete while respecting deadlines
• Update online help documentation for Voxco Acuity4 Survey software using WordPress
• Participate in writing a report on the development of technical competence at VPEÉP at Quebec Hydro
• Participate in writing an online help for customer services personnel at CCQ.
Euroscript Canada Inc
November 2008 - March 2013
• Verify and correct text of maintenance manuals for Bell helicopter using Arbortext software
• Improve templates for Advanced Notice of changes and other documents.
• Verify, format and correct documents for a submission project for Dalkia.
• Participate in preparing teaching material for XMediusFAX at Sagemcom using XMetal
• Participate in verifying and correcting documentation for CAE flight simulators
• Attend quality system courses (ISO 9001:2008 and Audit at ETS)
• Write required processes in English and in French to reach ISO 9001:2008 conformity standards for our quality system.
• Write roles and responsibilities description for the quality system
• Write working instructions for the quality system
• Verify the accuracy of the documents' information with the stakeholders
• Communicate quality audits results and distribute documents updates.
Technical documentation coordinator
Les logiciels Dynagram Inc
June 2007 - May 2008
• Write and update user manuals for DynaStrip and inpO2 imposition software
• Write and illustrate a tutorial for the ATOM licence of inpO2 software.
• Verify accuracy of information by experimenting with software and consulting with programmers.
Technical writer / R&D coordinator
Cardinal Health Inc
October 2005 - February 2007
• Research information on the Boomerang software through software experimentation and inquiries conducted among several participants to its development.
• Write and illustrate users' manuals for an application (Boomerang) used by the technical support department.
• Simplify documents templates for small projects.
• Ensure that projects documents are all complete and approved by appropriate personnel before giving a green light for deployment of software.
September 2003 - June 2005
No longer exists
• Develop appropriate documentation (user guide, installation and operation procedures) for the Sitelogix software based on existing documents, experimentation with the software and inquiries to the development and customer support personnel.
• Create required illustrations using Paint Shop Pro and Visio.
• Create my own database for the software in order to give users pertinent examples.
• Write two users manuals for X-Track and My ADC software from Datascan Technologies Inc.
July 2000 - May 2002
Acquired by Atos
• Write and update all technical manuals for a multimedia web payphone in collaboration with specialised personnel.
• Research of information through analysis of existing documents, experimentation with the software, interviews with the developers and customer support personnel.
• Create the majority of illustrations with Photoshop, Visio, and taking a few digital photos.
• Restructure the technical documentation so that it is more complete and better adapted to the clients' needs.
• Assimilate a complex system and simplify its description so as to make the information more accessible to an audience having little technical knowledge.
• Prepare many Word and FrameMaker templates for technical manuals and other types of documents.
• Give significant support to planning a training session to an international group of participants.
• Prepare lesson plans for many of the sessions and support the instructor during the sessions to ensure its success.
February 1998 - July 2000
No longer exists
• Write all technical manuals for an electronic display, audio and visual communication system in collaboration with engineers and other specialised personnel.
• Read our client's (Bombardier) requirements to ensure following the standards agreed upon at the signature of the contract.
• Collect required illustrations (isometric and exploded mechanical drawings, Electronic schematics) and convert them in the format (*.cgm) required by the client.
• Create many block diagrams of the system and each piece of equipment using Visio.
• Create many simplified circuit schematics to ease understanding of their operation.
Instructor of communication and radar systems
Clients served as part of my job
• Bombardier • Bell Helicopter • CAE
• Ivanhoé Cambridge • Sagemcom • NRC
• Voxco • CCQ • Quebec Hydro
• Dalkia • Datascan Technologies
Communication and radar systems technician
Qualifications & Certifications
Computer science studies