Claim you profile
Animal welfare assistant
The Blue Cross
Up to March 2013
This job role involves the day to day care of dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals, including cleaning accommodation, feeding, exercise and administration of medication as required. Presenting a professional and friendly approach to customers and visitors to the centre both face to face and on the telephone.
Assisting customers to select animals appropriate to their circumstances by providing accurate and relevant information and advice and to ensure the suitability of potential homes by carrying out home visits. Maintain accurate paper and electronic records to include admission, adoption, behaviour, financial and veterinary information. Assisting with centre fund raising, publicity and education events. To admit, rehabilitate and rehome unwanted and abandoned animals. Educate potential new owners and the general public in the care and welfare of their animals.
Vale Canine Hydrotherapy Centre
Up to March 2008
Ensuring the dogs safety through out their appointment, this included putting correct sized buoyancy jackets onto the dogs, ensuring the dogs
• Use the ramp to get into and out of the pool or using correct lifting techniques to lift a dog into or out of the pool.
• Timing each dogs swim, to ensure the dog as the correct treatment for its injury.
• Ensuring good customer service - explaining to customers their dog's treatment plans. Answering phone enquires as well as booking appointments, while maintaining a professional manner.
• Keeping the pool area clean and tidy to avoid accidents.
• Keeping notes on each dog in order and up to date.
Heathrow Animal Reception Centre
General animal husbandry tasks - cleaning and feeding.
• Following strict health and safety guidelines.
• Ensuring all the animals paperwork was kept in order and with the animal.
• Reassuring the owners of pet that their animals are healthy and well after their journeys.
• Advise members of the public on the legislation affecting animals in transit.
Bath Cats and Dogs Home (10 weeks summer 2005)
• Helping members of the public with enquires.
• General animal husbandry tasks - cleaning and feeding and ensuring all the dogs were exercised.
• Noting down any concerns about individual animals and passing these on to the appropriate personal.
• Ensuring volunteer dog walkers were over 16 and were given dogs they were capable of handling.
Checkout Team Member
This role involved assisting customers while in the store shopping, ensuring they have a pleasant experience and maintain their loyalty to Morrison's. The role also had many responsibilities including handling large amounts of money on a regular basis. Making sure age restricted goods such as alcohol were sold responsibly. The role also involved resolving complaints from customers effectively making sure the customer left satisfied.
Animal care assistant
November 2003 - May 2004
This role was to help with the daily husbandry tasks of looking after a variety of animals including wildlife, horses and farm animals. As well as helping members of the public find a suitable pet and giving out correct information about the animals.
Qualifications & Certifications
Animal Science and Management
Wiltshire College Lackham
Hardenhuish Secondary School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more