Claim you profile
English Language Teacher
FrameStar English. I
March 2013 - June 2013
I worked as an English tutor for FrameStar English. I taught an 8 year old elementary level student. As such I gained more teaching experience and learned how to organise and plan lessons to boost effective learning as well as making it enjoyable for the student.
Project Administrator. I
worked for Total UK on a project to transfer the company's mobile phone account between suppliers. Duties included identifying company mobile phone accounts and numbers, creating databases and spreadsheets of users and preparing migration lists to aid the transition. This involved working with the project manager, the IT department and various other individuals from within the company.
Sales, Admin and Reception Assistant
I had a part time job for two years as an assistant in an ophthalmic surgery where I gained experience of dealing with the public as well as retail skills. I was also responsible for meeting and greeting customers, general administration duties and helping the sales staff.
Retail Marketing, Health
I.T. and Human Resources
Safety/Environment/Quality, Legal, Corporate Communications, I.T. and Human Resources. I acquired good experience and understanding of how a large corporation works and in the role and function of a variety of departments.
Qualifications and Achievements:
• 10 G.C.S.E.s
• AS level in Biology and Critical Thinking
• A2 levels in Politics, History and English Literature (Grades A*, A, A)
• Computer literate.
• Studying Russian and Polish languages - proficient in both. I recently spent a month living in Petrozavodsk, Northern Russia whilst studying at the university there. This helped to further improve my language skills as well as helping me develop an understanding of Russian culture and way of life. I also spent my first semester of my 3rd year of university studying at Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland which has helped me to further develop my Polish language skills as well as gaining vital experience and learning how to adapt to living life abroad. I spent the second semester living and working in Moscow, Russia. I studied at Moscow language link where I improved my Russian skills as well as heightening my cultural awareness alongside working as an English teacher for the company FrameStar English.
• Currently completing an online TEFL qualification.
Previous Responsible Positions Held:
• Social Secretary of University Russian and East European Society. In my 2nd year at university I was elected Social Secretary of the Russian and East European Society. In this role I have organised a number of cultural and social events including a trip for 40 members to the Russian festival in London. This required organising coach travel, conducting health and safety risk assessments and managing the trip. This improved my team working skills.
• Mentor. At University I was part of the Peer Assisted Study Sessions scheme (PASS). I mentored first year students and ran sessions where they are able to ask for clarification and help in an informal environment. This...
Qualifications & Certifications
BA Hons Russian with Central East European Studies
University of Birmingham
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more