Carl Zeiss Optronics
From September 2009
October 2008 - November 2012
JOB TITLES Buyer ( Procurement Department)-current
• Prepare RFQ's, RFP's for potential supplier.
• Placing orders at suppliers.
• Negotiate price, delivery with suppliers during the RFQ phase.
• Conduct supplier visits.
• Combine the procurement planning using strategic, tactical and operational objectives.
• Adhere to the ethical behaviour and rules of the procurement policy.
• Manage Supplier Relationship Management.
• Conduct procurement submissions to CEO/ CFO for procurement material or services done more the 100k.
• Enforce networking with supplier.
• data archieve for baselines.
• Attend Project and Project progress meetings.
• Active member on the Technical Review Change Board to conduct procurement in development and production.
PROJECTS SERO 400 Periscope system.
SERO 250 Periscope System (New)
IBOL Periscope System for the Ecuador Navy.
Laser Pointer illuminator for LEO III Airborne platform.
SANDF Special Forces Rifle Sights.
UCM Thermal Camera's for Anglo Coal (Mining Applications)
Laser RangeFinders LP 16, LM30, LM41, LD20
Helmet Tracking System Products for BAES.
(Products):Periscopes and Airborne Observations systems.
SERO 250, 400 Periscope , IBOL Periscope , Brite Star II
• Control, audit and manage the configuration items for the LRU's as follows using SAP as the data achieve for baselines.
• The work entails:
Change manage control according procedures for hardware and software.
Attend technical review meeting for change implementations and sometimes act as the chairman on the meetings if Project manager or System Engineer cannot attend.
Planning and conducting CM plans for implementations.
Release product data for procurement in various life cycle phases of the project. Integrate with procurement according their needs for data.
Conduct audits with the relevant Quality assurance representative (QAR) on various life cycle phases for baseline accuracy according to CM plans and project management...
July 2007 - September 2008
Chief Production Engineer (Element Manager)
Cumulus , Denel Optronics Pty Ltd
Up to July 2007
PROJECTS Project -BAT (Main Sight System for the MI-24 Superhind Gunship Helicopter for Algerian Airforce
Element Manager -Production Engineering
• Manage production engineering activities on a daily basis including sub-contracting test equipment, tools jigs and fixtures for manufacturing on the project manufacturing baseline (MBL).
• Develop work breakdown structures for procurement, manufacturing and assemble of Test Equipment and fixtures.
• Budget and execute test equipment and tool jigs and fixture budgets from a approved production layout of ± 17 million investments for product execution and implementation.
• Draft project scheduling plans, initiate factory input layouts and workflow stations according to the best practice for this product with the resource capacity supplied.
• Manage, execute and control the implementation of zoom lens Optical Test Equipment for the Guidance Beam Projector for the Project.
• Report weekly, monthly to the line Manager regarding progress.
• Write assembly, modification instructions for various test equipment and tooling to assist technicians and artisan on the production floor building the hardware. Manage the documentation to be implemented executed for the product or system.
• Provide training for after sales support to support the Product during its Life cycle in the product regarding repairs and upgrades.
• Prepare production readiness reviews on Project, sub-assemblies and system assemblies to determine and improve readiness for Production.
Supply Chain Management:
• Manage and integrate with supply chain the procurement of project prototype components, sub-assemblies and systems for pre-production and production models.
• Visit suppliers and negotiate procurement plan and delivery schedules.
PROJECTS Hand Held Laser Rangefinders and Target locating Systems for various Models
Product & Project Manager for the Okapi
Vickers OMC, Alvis OMC ,BAE Land Systems OMC
July 1999 - August 2003
Product & Project Manager for the "Caspir" Command Vehicle.(Contractor)
Process Engineer for the Olifant Main Battle Tank.(Contractor)
OKAPI 6x6 MPV (Mine Protected Vehicle) for the SANDF
• Use Project Management knowledge on various systems and sub-systems which includes Management, engineering, Vendor Quality control, procurement and CRM ( Customer relation Management) and CSM ( Customer Service Management) to meet project objectives with a structured group and team.
Planning & scheduling:
• Planning and scheduling for Prototype vehicle upgrade and remaining vehicles Production scheduling.
• Manage prototype product baseline (PBL) and manufacturing baseline (MBL). Duties as for System Engineer taking authority on development implementation.
• Manage and compile some design activities for prototype and production data pack following the formal engineering change proposals process with customer.
• Compile progress design and financial project reports on a weekly , monthly and quarterly intervals to indicate progress and feedback to Executive members.
• Liaise with customer (SANDF) and report status of engineering activities on Project.
Logistic Engineering Management:
• Contract logistic requirements to produce milestone deliveries regarding technical bulletins for sub-contractors and clients
• Manage and compile inputs for Logistics (After sale support ), regarding spares, tools and equipment needed for the vehicles.
• Schedule and plan Maintenance contracts and allocate statements of work to internal resources to conduct the work.
• Liaise with various OEM dealers for component quotations. Develop a bill of material and capture the information on a MRP system.
• Assist with inputs creating National Stock numbers (NSN) for logistic requirements.
Operations Project Management-Financials:
• Compile engineering and manufacturing budgets for 9 vehicles estimated budget of ± 11 Million Rand....
Qualifications & Certifications
Atlantic International University , USA
North-West University, Faculty of Engineering
Tshwane University of Technology, previously the (Technikon Pretoria)
(Alberton Hoër Skool)
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more