Lead Mechanical Designer & Checker
Clyde Bergmann Power Group
From May 2013
on major capital investment for 200 million dollar arsenic mitigation projects for fossil fuel power plants. Design equipment stack-ups, assisted project engineer on interpreting customer specifications for proper equipment selection. Checked designer and vendors documentation prior to release for fabrication and purchasing, on engineered structural & mechanical details, bills of materials and assemblies. Work done to ASTM, ASME & API codes & standards, AutoCAD 2013, Excel.
Mechanical Designer & Checker
June 2011 - February 2013
Checking engineered structural & mechanical details and assemblies of various nuclear fuel storage casks and ancillaries used to safely store and transport spent nuclear fuel rod assemblies from fission BWR. Y14.5 geometric tolerance standards, precision machined parts, and assembly drawings. Heat exchanger and steam generator design experience with TEMA & ASME codes. 3D modeling AutoCAD 2010.
Supervisor - Lead CAD Technician
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
January 2009 - September 2010
producing construction plan sets for custom water treatment plants throughout rural Alaska.
• Implementing, back checking, employment administration, coaching, assigning and prioritizing projects.
• Use of AutoCAD 2009 - 2010, 3D modeling, xref overlay, sheet set manager, dwf publishing.
From July 2008
Levittown, PA (Self Employment)
Developed prototype design for new aftermarket automotive product line using hydrogen electrolysis reactor units for viable commercial applications in motor vehicles resulting in increased HP/MPG with minimal modifications to the vehicle. (Patent Pending)
• Design fabrication and assembly of the HHO reactor units. Y14.5 geometric tolerance standards.
• Wire harness integration, mechanical installation and testing in actual road driving conditions
• Proof of concept, offering a viable solution for both supplemental and duel fuel in existing gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Design concepts were implemented using AutoCAD 2007.
Senior Lead Structural & Principal Designer, Russian Oilfield Development Project
November 2006 - July 2008
CH2M-Hill Anchorage, AK (Contract Employment)
Senior Lead Structural & Principal Designer, Russian Oilfield Development Project, design fabrication model/drawings on infrastructure for new oil field in Siberia.
• Design of oil production support enclosures, piping and pipe supports, cold steel design, and civil engineering in tundra conditions.
• Conducting surveys and issuing analysis, writing job scopes and budgetary estimates on safety related projects to improve walking working surfaces per 29CFR1910 at all active TAPS facilities.
October 2003 - September 2006
on Ventilation Filtration System for national deployment in major the USPS centers.
November 2002 - May 2003
Designed several new electronic throttle controls for boats.
• Transforming mechanical cable actuated throttle controls into new electro-mechanical throttle controls, prototyping, and successful sea trials prior to production. ASME Y14.5 geometric tolerance standards.
Pennsylvania Power & Light
May 2002 - October 2002
Civil drafting work to support continuous plant operation and upgrades.
• Design work on electrical harnesses for standardization of interfaces between MMC and MCC switchgear.
• Structural design work to support turbine modification project for increase megawatt output at plant.
Environmental Tectonics Corp
September 2000 - May 2002
• Using AutoCAD 2000, designed framework, chassis & skid assemblies, hydraulic and small precision parts to ASME Y14.5 geometric tolerance standards, sheet metal covers, hoods, and assembly drawings.
• Designed environmental test chamber for large trucks from concept to fabrication.
1996 thru 2000 worked in the semi-conductor and optical industries, experience provided upon request.
Associate Design Engineer - Specializing in PLC
General Electric Installation & Service Engineering
November 1991 - November 1995
King of Prussia, PA. (Contract/Direct Employment)
Associate Design Engineer - Specializing in PLC installation drawings, power one-lines and elementary diagrams.
• Mechanical design for retrofit of industrial field equipment including new control panel designs, wire harness design, pneumatic, hydraulic assemblies and enclosure layouts.
Design team lead
ABB Traction Division
November 1989 - November 1991
on two hundred million dollar heavy rail car renovation project.
• Electrical design for updated and new control panels, wire harness designs, enclosure layouts.
• Passenger rail car equipment layouts, structural modifications, HVAC ducting, piping & conduit routings.
"Prior experience available upon request."
Qualifications & Certifications
American Institute of Design
Electro/Mechanical & Architectural
Commercial Trades Institute
Cleveland Institute of Electronics
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Maintenance and Repair
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more